Teaching Opportunities in the US?

Caper

Reaction score
Handicap
Hey folks, just wondering if there are any teachers out there or if anyone knows what the teaching scene is like down where most of you are in the States. It is something I have been thinking about the past while, and though I am not ready to pick up and go tomorrow, it is something I would seriously consider. I don't know how many more years I have left in me teaching in Northern Canada and going to the central/south eastern states where the weather is considerably different tempts and intrigues me.

Know of any websites that advertise jobs in the US?

Thanks!

It's tough for teachers to get visas and such, but I've heard VA and NC are the best for new teachers. I would think that would apply to new-to-USA as well.

Are we talking golf or academic?

I know in the past couple years myrtle beach was in need of some teachers, I have a friend that moved from Md to Myrtle for that reason. The schools are pretty good as well.

Are we talking golf or academic?

Academic. I am an English and History teacher. Though I teach Phys Ed and would rather remain in PE.

Thanks for the info guys. I am going to do some research.

NY is pretty terrible for teachers right now. NC has jobs, but teachers get paid much less in that state than many (most) others. Those are the only two states I'm familiar with.

I just graduated with my teaching degree and have been applying for a few weeks now. The options are pretty limited around here (WA), even for high demand fields like mathematics (which is what I'm certified to teach). There are jobs though, so if you want to teach I would say just give it some time and a job will open. Good luck!

Generally the US population (& jobs) has been & will continue to be flowing to the states without a state income tax. Texas & Tennessee are the two I know of...

Hey folks, just wondering if there are any teachers out there or if anyone knows what the teaching scene is like down where most of you are in the States. It is something I have been thinking about the past while, and though I am not ready to pick up and go tomorrow, it is something I would seriously consider. I don't know how many more years I have left in me teaching in Northern Canada and going to the central/south eastern states where the weather is considerably different tempts and intrigues me.

Know of any websites that advertise jobs in the US?

Thanks!

I live in Mass. and my wife is a teacher. The educational system here is not bad at all. My wifey teaches in a catholic elementary school and loves her job. Now as far as pay goes public school far outweighs the pay of catholic school, especially elem. school. I dont know what grades u teach so I can,t comment on high school pay as I really dont know.My wife does the catholic school because around here public schools are more crowded and there are more riff raff if you understand.There are some great public and catholic schools here in Mass. you may want to look here. Not too far from NS. you know

Back