I tried, and I am probably just going to let this collect dust in the garage. Tried changing the modes rapidly, removed and reinserted the battery, even checked the units to make sure I wasn't measuring meters and not yards. Was shooting a pin that was 170ish (previous knowledge and bushnell confirmed) and was reading in the 120s. Even if I could bring it back to reading properly, I don't know if I can trust it not to screw up at some point.
The company’s customer service really needs to step up a notch.

The company’s customer service really needs to step up a notch.
Yeah, it took extraordinary effort, thanks to you again for that, just to get a replacement the first time. It just wasn't worth the stress of trying to deal with them again. It's a shame. The unit is noticeably lighter than both my old Bushnell, and the ShotScope L2 I just got my wife. Great for walking. And the slope calculation seemed to be pretty good, which is a big help at our course.

Yeah, it took extraordinary effort, thanks to you again for that, just to get a replacement the first time. It just wasn't worth the stress of trying to deal with them again. It's a shame. The unit is noticeably lighter than both my old Bushnell, and the ShotScope L2 I just got my wife. Great for walking. And the slope calculation seemed to be pretty good, which is a big help at our course.
It’s interesting, Bushnell customer service is considered awful by so many and not a week goes by we don’t get a complaint about it in some form. This company goes way past that with complete lack of communication and now they might take the top stop for THPers in that regard. Which isn’t a good thing.

It’s interesting, Bushnell customer service is considered awful by so many and not a week goes by we don’t get a complaint about it in some form. This company goes way past that with complete lack of communication and now they might take the top stop for THPers in that regard. Which isn’t a good thing.
The thing is, though, I've never needed to have an interaction with Bushnell customer support...

Just wanted to post a quick update - my KLYR is back to being massively off on readings. The other day it gave me a reading of 93 yards when the actual distance was 147. There was one other reading that was way off, I don't recall what it was. It's now out of the bag and on a closet shelf. I'm not going to go through the whole reboot/reset process every time I want to use it.

Just wanted to post a quick update - my KLYR is back to being massively off on readings. The other day it gave me a reading of 93 yards when the actual distance was 147. There was one other reading that was way off, I don't recall what it was. It's now out of the bag and on a closet shelf. I'm not going to go through the whole reboot/reset process every time I want to use it.
That is terrible. Based on the customer service TTT is offering to others in this thread, I am not optimistic for you. Such a shame, I liked the device.

Off by that much...that's crazy.

That is terrible. Based on the customer service TTT is offering to others in this thread, I am not optimistic for you. Such a shame, I liked the device.
I loved the looks, it's nice and light, and feels good in hand. It just doesn't want to work, unfortunately.

That is terrible. Based on the customer service TTT is offering to others in this thread, I am not optimistic for you. Such a shame,
TecTecTec is destroying their brand this way. I know that, based upon what I've read here, if and when mine dies I won't likely be buying them again.

I liked the device.
We all did.

my tectec has started to give me numbers that are different from my friends range finder. After looking at this thread I may need to do a little bit more deep diving into that.

I am still happy with mine. It was my back up and I was using the NX10 almost exclusively but the NX10 was caught in a round with rain and didn’t survive (it’s why I want a cobalt now). Anyway i started to use the Klyr and liked the size and weight and magnet. The slope never seemed to make sense. In a flat lie it would give me some elevated readings and even sometime when I was hitting below it would tell me it would give me a distance greater as if I was hitting up instead of down. I reached out to Customer Service and they sent me a new unit.

I have since been using the new unit for the last four months, and I’ve noticed pretty much the same thing with slope. The actual distance seems pretty accurate as I usually compare it to my partners. Have just started to ignore slope altogether, and use the actual distance only.

I am looking at buying a cobalt this year, especially if they have a black Friday deal or potentially an older V5 shift

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back