Tell me about your Putter

Hmmmmm I like that center shaft on that Scindo. What is a good site to order them from?

All of the sites I have looked at have them listed for around $300, but Nevada Bob's Golf sells them for a lot less that that. I know in Canada they retail for $129. But I think that is because the powers to be of Nevada Bob's doesn't really know what they have. haha

All of the sites I have looked at have them listed for around $300, but Nevada Bob's Golf sells them for a lot less that that. I know in Canada they retail for $129. But I think that is because the powers to be of Nevada Bob's doesn't really know what they have. haha

Most of the time GEL putters will be $300 if they are the Paul Hurrion edition. If they are regular edition, they go for around $159.

Nike Mako Unitized

mako_large.jpg

Right now I have a Boccieri "Heavy Putter". Of the 3 higher end putters I've had (Odessy 2 Ball and Scotty Cameron), this is the only one that I can say has actually improved my putting. It rolls the ball the best of any I've ever used much and feels as good or better to me as the others. Its impossible to make anything but a smooth stroke with it and off center hits (which are much fewer and farther between now) don't seem affected at all.

It hasn't made my green reading, or speed control any better, but the short 2'-3' type putts that you want to aim at the center of the cup and putt through the break on are much easier now!

Always jealous of the soft inserts of the Odyssey line of putters, I finally decided to make the jump to a premium flat stick. I started trying different models out last winter and finally settled on a White Ice #7. Its 33" so the head is 360 grams and my confidence has really soared on the shorter putts...still learning some feel on the longer putts... the tip learned here about focusing on the hole during a practice swing has really helped my lagging...

i rock a Taylor made Nubbins B2 i have had it since i was 13 and its hasn't failed me yet. putts are all about confidence and feel find one you lie and stick with it!

Been playing my SC exclusively for many years, and as of late, I just didn't feel it was getting it done. Just went and tried out several, and was really looking forward to hitting the new Nike Method. While it felt great, I just didn't roll the ball as well as I did with the stick I eventually bought, which was the Ping Anser V2.

1015925.jpg

pinginanserv2.jpg

It's very balanced and has a great feel and sound to it. I was almost convinced I'd buy the Nike going in, but walked out with the Ping for half the price. Tried several other types and brands, but at the end of the day it was about which one was rolling the ball in the hole.

Last year I got fitted for Mizuno irons at Golftec after 3 months on golf saving lessons. They fit me for a putter and tried to push me into a 33" Bettinardi/Mizuno. (Yes, GT pushes you to brands)

I Googled best putters to buy and found THP's Putter shootout. I demoed all the top putters and bought a Rife 2 Bar Mallet. Best thing about buying that putter was the instructional putting DVD that came with it. Any properly fit putter will work if you hit it properly.

This February I got a Musty Putter. David Musty fit me and designed a putter for me. It's a wooden head, black circular tiger stripped. The grip is a better fit for me than the Rife grips.

The Musty is in my bag and my putting has improved a lot this year.

It's all about getting fit, lining the ball up properly and comfort.

preface; I have been weighing my options in buying a new putter. I have played a variety of putter styles and brands, but have never had a ton of confidence in any of the ones I have used.

I want to have confidence buying a new putter, but I've always held back in spending more than 150 bucks, because I just flat out don't get why a Scotty Cameron or a SeeMore is THAT much better than a standard 130 dollar putter. Could you guys and gals chat with me a little bit about why you have selected the putter that is in your bag, and what about it makes you love it?

Putters are the one club I don't believe in Hype or price tag. If you can roll the ball with a Kitchen Spoon consistently and with confidence, then more power to you brother. I'm currently using the Yes! Sophia putter (looks like the Wilson 8802) with a black sight line I put in with a sharpie after I saw Phil's putter at the MAsters. But before that I used the same putter for 8 years. Its a Ping Zing 2 BeCu. Yea it's old but i've never felt more confident, more sure I was on line, than with any other putter.

the hype got to me on my purchase, but i think it will be well worth it when it gets here.. i used to have a odyssey white hot xg 2 ball putter so the ghost isnt a huge change as both have the same shaft angles and weigh about the same, just a little getting used to is all it should take. but only paid 160.. the hype got to me real good but i wanted it anyways and for some reason im already super confident in it without even taking a stroke, dont ask me why but i am lol

the hype got to me on my purchase, but i think it will be well worth it when it gets here.. i used to have a odyssey white hot xg 2 ball putter so the ghost isnt a huge change as both have the same shaft angles and weigh about the same, just a little getting used to is all it should take. but only paid 160.. the hype got to me real good but i wanted it anyways and for some reason im already super confident in it without even taking a stroke, dont ask me why but i am lol

Bridges
I know what I just said about hype and price tags... but that was before I knew you were getting the TM Ghost. Man that thing looks good!! Good Luck.

o that wasnt towards you, i was just saying in general.. nothing directed towards you, sorry didnt mean it that way! but ya im pumped about getting it!

Rocking the TM Ghost now. Finally was able to visit the putting green today and it didnt disappoint! Love that putter!!

Rocking the TM Ghost now. Finally was able to visit the putting green today and it didnt disappoint! Love that putter!!

You were one of the 1st consumers in the US to ever hit the Ghost OEM. You knew right there you had to have it.

you're quickly becoming a Taylormade fan boy buddy! (see sig)

Original Equipment Monster

you're quickly becoming a Taylormade fan boy buddy! (see sig)

Original Equipment Monster

Yes I do have a few TM items dont I lol but I always have an open mind for new stuff!

You were one of the 1st consumers in the US to ever hit the Ghost OEM. You knew right there you had to have it.
Yes I did, its a great putter and really works for me!

Back