Tell me you're old without telling me you're old

I remember when Golf Digest was the size of a green reading book.

If you don’t count me or my brothers and sisters we don’t know a thing called a dish washer existed.
We had an extra long curly cord on the kitchen phone. We’d sit on the basement steps with the kitchen door closed as much as the cord would allow . Think the wires were exposed by the time all the kids moved out

334-660-8631, only phone number we had growing up. Crazy I still remember it. Still remember my best friends number from middle school too.
Remembering old phone numbers like that comes in handy when choosing a new password.

i was a paperboy. imagine now a days a 14 year old getting up at 5am and riding his bike up and down streets delivering papers by himself....oh the humanity :ROFLMAO:

I remember having to adjust the Rabbit ears on top of the tv.

here is my first car --- a 1930 Chevy- what does that tell you? ( it looked like this one - I cannot find my actual photo - probably has turned into dust.)

30-Chevy-Universal-Sdn-DV-14-MM-02-800.jpg

As a kid I watched Nixon’s resignation speech live.

here is another old photo of me in 1968 Viet Nam --- Tough year.

thumbnail_scan0001.jpg

Saw Lee Harvey Oswald killed on live black and white tv. Scared the heck out of me but not like hearing the principal telling us first graders on the PA that President Kennedy had died. I walked home and was literally terrified every step
I watched that with my Mom. On the telecast we were watching you could see the front of Ruby's car come to a quick stop just in the edge of the shot. My Mom said, "Oh God! Something's going to happen!"
i was a paperboy. imagine now a days a 14 year old getting up at 5am and riding his bike up and down streets delivering papers by himself....oh the humanity :ROFLMAO:
When I was a kid my Mom got me a youth pass to a local pay to fish lake, and I figured out where the bluegill would make their spawning beds. I'd go home with big stringers of bluegill. My Mom would set me up with a big pan of water, a stack of newspaers, and a knife to clean all those fish. These days she'd probably be charged with child endangering!

Woke up this morning and must have had arm in wrong position overnight cause shoulder is bothering me this morning. Getting old is awful.

Remember our milk man name to this day, when he would deliver Twin Pines milk, and leave it in the milk chute on the house.

House still standing today, and my youngest brother and his family are the current occupants.
milk chute.jpgtwin pines.jpg

Car seats? Seat belts? The family car had a bench front seat, and I remember either sitting or standing next to Mom when she was driving, and every time she put her foot on the brake pedal her arm bar came across my chest to make sure I stayed put.

Car seats? Seat belts? The family car had a bench front seat, and I remember either sitting or standing next to Mom when she was driving, and every time she put her foot on the brake pedal her arm bar came across my chest to make sure I stayed put.
We rode pretty much everywhere in the backs of pickup trucks.

I played with woods when they were.

I remember when a matchbox wasn't a tiny car.

I remember when the TV repair guy came to your home and his main tool was a tube tester.

I remember being so in to watching and listening to the commentary as the countdown got to T-minus 5, 4, 3, 2, 1… we have lift-off…. as John Glenn orbited the earth! I remember them tracking where he was - and then the re-entry and splash-down! Absolutely enthralled!

One of my chores growing up was taking the contents of one of these from the porch to the refrigerator every couple of days.
il_fullxfull.338421932.jpeg

I remember when this was a microwave.
wave hello GIF

My dad's house had a rotary phone. But it also had a party line. Had to pickup to see if the neighbors were on the line before you made a call. Was always reminded to not listen in and just hang up.

Back