Tell me you're old without telling me you're old

Sock It To Me Go Ahead GIF

Knowing what the catchphrase refers to.
Laugh In!!

My great-grandfather was born before the Wright brothers made their first plane. Before he died, he saw men land and explore the moon.
Same, except that was my grand father. born 1896,
My parents were kids in the Great Depression.

Marlon Brando won Best Actor for the role in The Godfather the year I was born.

no 8 track?
That was a mandatory add-on, those cars all came stock with just an AM radio.

Truth be told, my best friends first car, a 1964 Ford Falcon station wagon, which I drove quite a bit because I got my driver's license several months before he did, had a 4-Track stereo in it. This was our first surf buggy, his Dad gave it to him when he turned 15, another older friend drove until I got my license, and we cruised the SoCal coast like crazy in that thing, everywhere from Santa Barbara to San Diego. We couldn't afford to upgrade to an 8-Track, and only had two 4-Track tapes. We had Led Zeppelin II and Cream - Heavy Cream, so incredibly good tunes, and we wore those things out.

Here's a little blurb about the 4-Track if anyone's interested, because I know most people have never heard of them:

As children we listened to "The Shadow" a radio sensation created by Walter B. Gibson.
"Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?"
That was a mandatory add-on, those cars all came stock with just an AM radio.

Truth be told, my best friends first car, a 1964 Ford Falcon station wagon, which I drove quite a bit because I got my driver's license several months before he did, had a 4-Track stereo in it. This was our first surf buggy, his Dad gave it to him when he turned 15, another older friend drove until I got my license, and we cruised the SoCal coast like crazy in that thing, everywhere from Santa Barbara to San Diego. We couldn't afford to upgrade to an 8-Track, and only had two 4-Track tapes. We had Led Zeppelin II and Cream - Heavy Cream, so incredibly good tunes, and we wore those things out.

Here's a little blurb about the 4-Track if anyone's interested, because I know most people have never heard of them:

4-Tracks must have been a California thing, because I installed an 8 track player in my first car as soon as I could. In fact, one of my high school graduation gifts was a home 8-track player. Never heard of 4 track. I think it must have been like "Quadraphonic" tapes and players. I understand that they got kinda big in California, but hardly made a dent here in the Midwest. I bought an Audiovox quadraphonic player and picked up what tapes I could. The sound was phenomenal!

Retired 16 years ago

I used to keep score bowling on one of these.

1wkvva8ejwp71.jpg

I used to keep score bowling on one of these.

1wkvva8ejwp71.jpg
My best friend growing up in Louisiana, his family owned the bowling alley in town. There were no electronics in the place, we had to score by hand. My kids still think it's weird that I keep a scorecard when going bowling.

My best friend growing up in Louisiana, his family owned the bowling alley in town. There were no electronics in the place, we had to score by hand. My kids still think it's weird that I keep a scorecard when going bowling.
You probably bowl with one hand as well? WTH is that all about?

As a child in Atlanta, I saw these in person:

Cannonball Butler
Hank Aaron
Willie B. (not the mayor, the gorilla)

I got annoyed when on a classic rock station, they were playing Nirvana. How. Dare you.
Want to get really confused??? Seach for Classics on Netflix. It's like movies from the 80's !! :rolleyes:
Try and find a "true" Classic on there...... g'head... i dare ya. it's pretty slim picken's...

I like standing at my sit/stand desk at work because I make too much noise (grunt and groan) when I get out of my chair.

Just told a co-worker about the 84 Olympics in LA. He said wow really? That was 13 years before I was born.....🥹😓🧓

Truth be told, my best friends first car, a 1964 Ford Falcon station wagon, which I drove quite a bit because I got my driver's license several months before he did, had a 4-Track stereo in it.
My first car was ‘64 Ford Falcon station wagon! But I didn’t even know you..lol.

These were the state of the art woods in my bag circa 1971. My buddies were green with envy.tourney.jpg

Not kidding. Doing some cleaning in the basement today and found a box with these!!
Charge the 2 iPods to see if they still work & what’s on them. 🤣IMG_6437.jpeg

Back