TESTED! Cobra KING Tec Hybrid Review

I was the one that asked in the live. 😀 I just don’t know when it will be here
Like you, I absolutely love this club so I made sure to have a conversation with Yags about it. That conversation left me excited and wanting to know more.

Like you, I absolutely love this club so I made sure to have a conversation with Yags about it. That conversation left me excited and wanting to know more.
I struggle off the deck with large head fairways. The smaller ones aren’t very forgiving. This club at 15.5 could solve a massive amount of problems for me.

I struggle off the deck with large head fairways. The smaller ones aren’t very forgiving. This club at 15.5 could solve a massive amount of problems for me.
That would be a dream come true club! I’ve tried turning the 2h down to 15.5° but it didn’t feel as nice as the standard 17°.

Man I don’t know how they could improve on this one! The one spot I don’t even think about changing is this club!

I know these are "old old Tec" at this point but wanted to shout out a couple great shots I hit with these last night. First one was into the wind off the left and the second one was off the right and slightly down. First one I hit pretty straight and the wind worked it back toward the hole, and the second one I drew and it rode the wind back towards the middle of the green. I've been tinkering with replacing the Tec 5h but the 3h and 4h are still performing solidly.

578B5C66-FE82-42D7-A7AF-EF76204081D5.jpeg

4648D7ED-6E56-46EF-A04A-5C81303F1A05.jpeg

Still in the bag! Two of them!

So with the talk of moveable weights around these parts recently I mixed up the bag a little bit. I lofted the 3H all the way to 20.5 and the 2h to 18.5, pulling my RadSpeed 4H from the bag. I liked the idea of a slightly closed face and more weight in the heel. Only one shot so far but it was with the 3H in a position where I would normally pull 4. The distance was about what was to be expected. I’m excited to see where this goes this summer and it’s so neat to have that much adjustability in these clubs.

Looking to possibly cut down the 2h to 3H length and was curious to the head weights. Figured I would leave these here if anyone needed the data.

3 Hybrid
2E71773C-8483-4294-8E2F-80C8DE424192.jpeg

2 Hybrid
587A979E-7B61-45B8-AD20-70AD58E6173B.jpeg

I never realized the larger footprint of the 2H compared to the 3H, it’s more swept back to my eye
36301468-95AA-4993-B86B-177F66134EFE.jpeg

Man. That’s tempting to pick up another one….

i'm not 100% happy with my apex pro right now. i wonder if i need to test this one somehow....

I’ve paired this with the UST LINQ hybrid shaft 100F5 with the 3H set at 18 degrees. It is a monster. It has become a safe 230 off the tee and feels so good.

I've hit at least 2000 shots with this club. I still love it. Had a scare with the change in sound. It became high pitched. I thought it was going to crack or had cracked. A weight had loosened in the toe and one of the washer/seals under it didn't completely go into the spot. Its all well now. I was starting to kinda panic and fearing I was going to have to order a 2023

After a solid three year run I think it’s time to test a different shaft in this for next year. Any recommendations from folks?

After a solid three year run I think it’s time to test a different shaft in this for next year. Any recommendations from folks?
LINQ black 100 F5

The UST 480 esx has been in mine since day one and it’s been great for me. This club is still as much fun to hit today as when I first got it. I’m still shocked by just how far I can hit the 2 off the tee sometimes.

I have a nippon ghost in mine and love it

The 2H king tec (not latest version) has been in my bag a long while and is a true crutch for me on tight/short par4’s. I am going to replace it in ‘24, but hope to replace it with something similar. Having a hybrid that i can trust off the tee is invaluable to me and didn’t happen until the king tec came along. I just used to hook hybrids SO BAD!

The 2H king tec (not latest version) has been in my bag a long while and is a true crutch for me on tight/short par4’s. I am going to replace it in ‘24, but hope to replace it with something similar. Having a hybrid that i can trust off the tee is invaluable to me and didn’t happen until the king tec came along. I just used to hook hybrids SO BAD!
I love the Super Hybrid as the replacement for a tee club, but the King Tec remains my crutch from the fairway. More loft I guess makes it more simple.

So this club came out of the bag when the second driver went in. I brought it out for an off-season nine and I recalled all the reasons I enjoy this club. Just seems to be point and shoot for me at times.

Flat laid the smack down with this in the simulator today. 3H at 18 degrees produced a smooth swing 224 yard carry that would stop into any green. Punch shots 200 carry at only 80 feet high. (same as I was able to hit the 2H) Full swing with the 2H was producing 235 carry.

Back