TESTED! Cobra KING Tec Hybrid Review

Is this club good for 18 hcp? Meaning forgiving. I am pretty solid with hybrids and only looking at the shorter 5 Hybrid. Thanks.
I was around a 13/14 when I got my King Tec. Biggest benefit to me was the adjustability because adjusting the club was easier than adjusting my swing.

I find it pretty forgiving as the adjustability let's me deliver pretty well. That said, I think it takes a little bit of speed to unlock. Not a lot, but if you are struggling to knock your driver out past 200/215 it might not be the best for you.

I believe @Wonger is around your handicap level and plays the newer King Tec hybrids

I was around a 13/14 when I got my King Tec. Biggest benefit to me was the adjustability because adjusting the club was easier than adjusting my swing.

I find it pretty forgiving as the adjustability let's me deliver pretty well. That said, I think it takes a little bit of speed to unlock. Not a lot, but if you are struggling to knock your driver out past 200/215 it might not be the best for you.

I believe @Wonger is around your handicap level and plays the newer King Tec hybrids
Thanks. That's about my driver distance lol.

Honestly at the 5 hybrid I think there is a lot of speed in that head and the loft you should be able to elevate pretty well.

Any chance you have to hit them? Or at least the newer version if you are eying the prior model which this thread talks about?

I am right around your handicap and play both the 3 and 5 king tec hybrid. I love them for the forgiveness and adjustability. Being able to move weights around the head is awesome to adjust the club for a ball flight that suits you. I will use the 5hy for long approaches 190-200ish.

Is this club good for 18 hcp? Meaning forgiving. I am pretty solid with hybrids and only looking at the shorter 5 Hybrid. Thanks.
I was right around your handicap when I got my King Tec hybrids in 2022. Truth be told, I had struggled previously with hybrids but less so than fw woods that’s why I leaned towards these.

They were pretty much love at first swing! I tried out the 3h in store and was hooked. I ended up ordering the 2, 3, & 4 for the Morgan Cup and absolutely give them a huge part of the credit for my success and bringing my index down. They are so easy to hit off the tee, fairway, or rough. I find the distance to be very consistent across the face. I found the dispersion to also be very forgiving on less than optimal strikes.

Honestly at the 5 hybrid I think there is a lot of speed in that head and the loft you should be able to elevate pretty well.

Any chance you have to hit them? Or at least the newer version if you are eying the prior model which this thread talks about?
Yeah pga superstore doesn't have as a demo. Hit my radspeed 5 about 165 yards.

Yeah pga superstore doesn't have as a demo. Hit my radspeed 5 about 165 yards.
So you have a RadSpeed? What are you hoping the king Tec will do that that one doesn’t?

A little more distance and maybe accuracy with ability to adjust. It needs to glide through light rough fairly well. Also I just gave the RadSpeed to my brother so have to buy.
I am higher than your handicap and my Tecs are my favorite clubs. Great out of the longer stuff. I like the idea of being able to adjust them as I get better and more consistent

I am higher than your handicap and my Tecs are my favorite clubs. Great out of the longer stuff. I like the idea of being able to adjust them as I get better and more consistent
That's awesome. I should be able to get the 5 high enough. I did hit a TSR1 titliest quite far I'm just leary of dispersion with super lightweight clubs. Plus the king tec has a lot of set up options.

That's awesome. I should be able to get the 5 high enough. I did hit a TSR1 titliest quite far I'm just leary of dispersion with super lightweight clubs. Plus the king tec has a lot of set up options.
Yeah I’ve had no problem elevating the 3 or 4

I'm a 20 hcp, and the King Tec 4h has been my absolute favourite club this year. It's straight, handles any lie like a champ and I'd take it to a prom if I ever needed to attend.

Simply said, the adjustability makes it really easy to adjust to your swing. I have the heavy weights at the back and toe.

I'm a 20 hcp, and the King Tec 4h has been my absolute favourite club this year. It's straight, handles any lie like a champ and I'd take it to a prom if I ever needed to attend.

Simply said, the adjustability makes it really easy to adjust to your swing. I have the heavy weights at the back and toe.
Curious is toe weighting more fade bias and heel more draw? Or the opposite? I never adjusted screws on a driver just go straight.

Curious is toe weighting more fade bias and heel more draw? Or the opposite? I never adjusted screws on a driver just go straight.
That’s correct. Typically adding weight in the toe makes a club more fade biased. The added weight in the toe slows down how quickly the face can close.

That said, some golfers react differently and subsequently swing it differently to different weight locations so it’s not a 100% rule, but a really good chance.

Correct. I did that to counter my tendency to hook hybrids. The heavy weight in the back makes it a bit more stable too, so that also counters the tendency to close the face quickly.

Last edited:
Just a bump for a great club. Thinking about having a little fun with a build on it.

@jtubb17 let me test his King Tec 3 & 4 hybrids, and I was impressed. They're easy to hit, offer increased distance without much effort, and greatly improved my game. Today, using only the hybrids off the tee on a challenging course, I improved by 8 shots.

@jtubb17 let me test his King Tec 3 & 4 hybrids, and I was impressed. They're easy to hit, offer increased distance without much effort, and greatly improved my game. Today, using only the hybrids off the tee on a challenging course, I improved by 8 shots.
So good right?

Still an absolute monster.

Have an extra adapter, need to decide on a fun shaft to play with

Don’t give him any ideas. I let him use my 3 & 4 again today. He dropped a ball on the tee box of a narrow downhill par 4. No tee, walks up and hits an absolute laser right down the middle. 269 yards!

You are only borrowing those @Time4aBeer 😂

Don’t give him any ideas. I let him use my 3 & 4 again today. He dropped a ball on the tee box of a narrow downhill par 4. No tee, walks up and hits an absolute laser right down the middle. 269 yards!

You are only borrowing those @Time4aBeer 😂
Sounds like instead @Time4aBeer it’s @Time4aKingTec

Back