The 2015-16 College football thread (SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the way the SEC east is these days Georgia should be more than competitive every year. Florida and Georgia should always be the front runners on that side. With a down Florida, UGA as front runners alone, played below expectations and Mizzou went to the conference championship 2 out of 3 years. That should not happen. And this is coming from a guy that doesn't want UGA to succeed.

Holy cow, I honestly have no words to describe what I think about the Nebraska program now, fire a 9 win season coach, bring in the new guy, and the program falls apart, honestly, it's now become quite embarrassing, the close loses can be tolerated, this blow out by a 1-6 purdue team cannot be. Changes must be made for sure.

There is an incredible support base there. The right coach could bring championships often.
Boy, I am not sue that's realistic. For as much as I like giving the SEC crap, they are too competitive to expect you are going to win multiple championships.

I miss Herman he's a great coach .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I knew he was coming from Ohio St, but didn't know what to expect. He's got the kids playing hard and is recruiting pretty well given the kind of university we are when it comes to athletes.

With the way the SEC east is these days Georgia should be more than competitive every year. Florida and Georgia should always be the front runners on that side. With a down Florida, UGA as front runners alone, played below expectations and Mizzou went to the conference championship 2 out of 3 years. That should not happen. And this is coming from a guy that doesn't want UGA to succeed.

Missouri has gone to the championship game as many times in the last 10 years as UGA, and they spent the majority of that time in the big 12

If beating Kentucky, South Carolina, Vanderbilt, Missouri and North Texas to go 8-4 is "almost rebuilt" then the SEC is more overrated than ever before. I get the passion, and the SEC has a ton of storied programs, but the rest of the college football world has heard almost back and Volunteers every other year for close to a decade.

Ok cool, I agree it has been puzzling as to the decisions the Vols have made with hires...

With that being said, my original statement was around how often should UGA fans expect to win the conference with established programs like Alabama, LSU, Florida, Auburn, etc also competing for said championship?

Dax

Boy, I am not sue that's realistic. For as much as I like giving the SEC crap, they are too competitive to expect you are going to win multiple championships.

If he's talking sec championships, Florida, Auburn, Alabama, and LSU have all won multiple championships in the past 10 years. No reason to think they couldn't join the rotation.

If he's talking sec championships, Florida, Auburn, Alabama, and LSU have all won multiple championships in the past 10 years. No reason to think they couldn't join the rotation.

Doesn't the fact the SEC has four dominant teams by definition mean other teams shouldn't expect to join the rotation? (Four teams with multiple means there's a max of 2 left for that decade which pretty much means another team isn't joining the rotation.)

Doesn't the fact the SEC has four dominant teams by definition mean other teams shouldn't expect to join the rotation?

But they have the resources and recruiting territory to compete with those schools. Hell 10 years ago you would have put Georgia in the top 4 and not Bama. Bama was a mess, then they fired their underachieving coach and hired Saban.

Doesn't the fact the SEC has four dominant teams by definition mean other teams shouldn't expect to join the rotation? (Four teams with multiple means there's a max of 2 left for that decade which pretty much means another team isn't joining the rotation.)

Can't call Florida dominant with where they've been the last several years. They were at one time, but fell well back. That gap should have been filled by UGA in the SEC East.

Can't call Florida dominant with where they've been the last several years. They were at one time, but fell well back. That gap should have been filled by UGA in the SEC East.

True but it appears they may be on their way back.

So glad Temple is making this a ball game. Easily one of the best "feel all warm and fuzzy" teams of the year. What a great story

True but it appears they may be on their way back.

Exactly. UGA had a wide open window and Richt could not get the team through it. If he couldn't then, can he with a re-surging Florida?

Iowa F'ing State......LOL

I'm watching the game with the father-in-law. He is not a happy camper. Hard to win with quarterback play like that.

So glad Temple is making this a ball game. Easily one of the best "feel all warm and fuzzy" teams of the year. What a great story

Yeah who doesn't love the story of a team that got to 7-0 while playing absolutely nobody.

Exactly. UGA had a wide open window and Richt could not get the team through it. If he couldn't then, can he with a re-surging Florida?

I agree with you, if you want to continue to win 8-10 games a year he's your man. If you want to won championships it's time to move on.

As an Auburn fan I'm fine with him staying.

I agree with you, if you want to continue to win 8-10 games a year he's your man. If you want to won championships it's time to move on.

As an Auburn fan I'm fine with him staying.

As a Georgia Tech fan I wan't them to fire Richt and hire Lane Kiffin! :alien:

Not in the east.

The SEC East has been a sh*t show for the past five years or so. For UGA "winning" so much in February, it hasn't been in contention much.

LSU seems to be on a every 4 years type of a rotation:

2003- SEC Champion & NC
2007- SEC Champion & NC
2011- SEC Champion (Lost NCG)
2015- ?

Auburn seems to get good in even numbered years, and Bama is always a threat...

Dax

As a Georgia Tech fan I wan't them to fire Richt and hire Lane Kiffin! :alien:
They would hire Petrino before Kiffin. At least I hope.

What coaches are out there that can replace Richt and make a splash right away. Pretty sure dawg nation are tired of "rebuilding" seasons.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

LSU seems to be on a every 4 years type of a rotation:

2003- SEC Champion & NC
2007- SEC Champion & NC
2011- SEC Champion (Lost NCG)
2015- ?

Auburn seems to get good in even numbered years, and Bama is always a threat...

Dax

Even years used to be our easier schedule years. When the conference expanded it kind of flip flopped. LSU and A&M are away on odd years, but Ole Miss Bama And UGA are all at home.

Holy cow, I honestly have no words to describe what I think about the Nebraska program now, fire a 9 win season coach, bring in the new guy, and the program falls apart, honestly, it's now become quite embarrassing, the close loses can be tolerated, this blow out by a 1-6 purdue team cannot be. Changes must be made for sure.
Eh, I'm not worried about it.

The team doesn't quit, which I can't say over the last couple of years.

It's lacking a game changing playmaker (how many times did Abdullah save us?)

It's been less then a year, in a completely new offense and Defense.

And the offense hasn't been terrible. It can't run but passing hasn't been a problem for the most part.

Just a quick look, it looks like they average over 30 points a game.

Everyone would take that before the season.

The defense isn't good though, the run defense is really good, but the pass defense needs fixed. And I don't know why Davey is on the field.

Fyfe had 4 ints and I believe Purdue scored on every single one. Your not gonna win games vs anyone when you do that.

They would hire Petrino before Kiffin. At least I hope.

What coaches are out there that can replace Richt and make a splash right away. Pretty sure dawg nation are tired of "rebuilding" seasons.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Total sarcasm with the Kiffin suggestion. I have no idea who UGA would go after. You are right, it would have to be a big splash and with this many coaching jobs open will they be able to do that. My guess is Richt keeps his job.

Even years used to be our easier schedule years. When the conference expanded it kind of flip flopped. LSU and A&M are away on odd years, but Ole Miss Bama And UGA are all at home.

Now that you mention it, the expansion didn't mess up our Odd year schedule.

We get Auburn, Florida, Arkansas and now A&M in Baton Rouge in odd numbered years, that helps explain this odd numbered year thing we have going on...

Total sarcasm with the Kiffin suggestion. I have no idea who UGA would go after. You are right, it would have to be a big splash and with this many coaching jobs open will they be able to do that. My guess is Richt keeps his job.

Does anyone know what Richt's buy out would be?

Dax

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back