The 2015 Gauntlet w/ Callaway Golf - THP Major Series

Been working pretty hard on my swing with the help of Freddie. Went from him marking the hell out of my videos to today him telling me my swing is on point. Talk about a confidence boost. Two more weeks to keep grinding it out, and I'm feeling good about being ready.

#TeamEthan is coming for ya

Had a good day of #GauntletPrep today.

40/47. Played really well on the front. Although the back nine was disappointing because I got a bit loose and hit it into some bad spots and put up some big numbers the first 4 holes on the back, I was able to get it back and finish strong, which was encouraging.

Tied my personal best with a 77 tonight. Playing tomorrow again with two more Gauntlet participants in captaincaution and hickerad. HC has dropped significantly, so hopefully I can travel with it!

Tied my personal best with a 77 tonight. Playing tomorrow again with two more Gauntlet participants in captaincaution and hickerad. HC has dropped significantly, so hopefully I can travel with it!

Great job! I'm in the same boat with my index, but I'm not going to stress myself out about it any more. I'll play my best and que sera, sera (and we'll have a great time).

Had a good day of #GauntletPrep today.

40/47. Played really well on the front. Although the back nine was disappointing because I got a bit loose and hit it into some bad spots and put up some big numbers the first 4 holes on the back, I was able to get it back and finish strong, which was encouraging.
Nice work, especially since you said you've been struggling to break 90 recently right?

Nice work, especially since you said you've been struggling to break 90 recently right?

I have. The swing has been solid and the short game has been good, but I've just been managing to trip over myself on too many holes. Since previously the mid-to-high 80's was a normal round for me, it has been very frustrating to somehow keep finding ways to end up in the 90's.

Hopefully today is a step in the right direction.

Nick Pingel is a gamer and I'm glad he's #TeamJRod

Tweaked my bicep while playing yesterday. Having issues with both arms now, really got to dial it back heading into the gauntlet. Want to get there whole!

88 today in very wet conditions, but had a good match that went to the 18th with captaincaution, hickerad, and ohio_striker. Shot a 42 on the back though and was starting to get my swing back the last couple of holes, just too little too late. I love match play though. Can't wait for the gauntlet.

So I haven't seen it in a few days but RODGER F*#"ING CLEVELAND is going to be giving us wedge lessons with our new MD3s!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Its funny how different your mindset can be in match play. Yesterday I was completely out of some holes, lost ball off the tee, my opponent was on the green in the same number of shots it took me to get off the tee...... and still halved the hole.

You are never out of it in match play, you just need to keep grinding!

Its funny how different your mindset can be in match play. Yesterday I was completely out of some holes, lost ball off the tee, my opponent was on the green in the same number of shots it took me to get off the tee...... and still halved the hole.

You are never out of it in match play, you just need to keep grinding!
Each hole is a new game. Love the format myself.

@bigtazzGOLF
Sent from Big Orange country
using Tapatalk #GoVols

Got out in the pouring rain today and it didn't stop for the first 9 holes. I was giving 6 pops to my opponent and was 2dn thru 3 but battled back to square it after 9. Turned it on down the stretch with a nice string of pars and took the match 2&1. A big confidence booster going forward.

GBB will be here tomorrow. Plenty of time to get it dialed in for #TheGauntlet

Only about a week and a half left to prepare!

What is everyone's focus on if you're working on your game?
How has the prep gone during the lead up since being picked?
Anything specific been on your mind about the event, especially now that it's getting close?

For my answers:
-Putting. Match play is won and lost on the greens, and pouring in a long putt for par to put pressure on your opponent or save a point is HUGE.
-My prep has gone pretty well. I've been putting in a decent amount of match play practice with some other Gauntlet participants, and I'm about 50/50 I believe in those matches. A lot of fun, a lot of good practice, but even better company.
-Obviously one of the biggest things on my mind is meeting and working with Rodger freakin' Cleveland. Wedge play is a huge focus for me, and I live and die on the course with how my wedge play currently is. If I'm on that day, I will shoot well, if I'm off...then I'm done. So being able to get a wedge lesson directly from one of the premier sources on wedges in the game is such a treat.

- Tee game management and approach shots need the most attention right now. I need to hit more 3 wood and 5 wood to give myself a full swing with a short iron
- My scores have improved but i dont think i changed anything too much with my game. The biggest change for me has been mental
- Obviously the Roger Cleveland thing is cool but that dinner friday night when pairings are announced is going to be so cool

Anything specific been on your mind about the event, especially now that it's getting close?

• GIRs. Tee game has been solid, but with all the bunkering at these two courses, hitting the green is critical. Picking a spot (center of the green) and getting the yardage right has been a focus lately.
  • I've been up and down lately, specifically with the irons. Range time just doesn't do me much good, I have to get out and play. GBB is coming in today, so I'll be on the course a few times this week dialing it in.
  • #MVP. I know I have the game to get it done, I just need to get my game trending in the right direction heading into the weekend. At #TheKing last year, I was playing some of the best golf of my life and thankfully it traveled to Orlando with me. Hoping for the same at Cog Hill.

Super pumped to meet everybody and to have a great time.

For my answers:
-Putting. Match play is won and lost on the greens, and pouring in a long putt for par to put pressure on your opponent or save a point is HUGE.
-My prep has gone pretty well. I've been putting in a decent amount of match play practice with some other Gauntlet participants, and I'm about 50/50 I believe in those matches. A lot of fun, a lot of good practice, but even better company.
-Obviously one of the biggest things on my mind is meeting and working with Rodger freakin' Cleveland. Wedge play is a huge focus for me, and I live and die on the course with how my wedge play currently is. If I'm on that day, I will shoot well, if I'm off...then I'm done. So being able to get a wedge lesson directly from one of the premier sources on wedges in the game is such a treat.

Still lots of putting and chipping for me. Spent a couple hours at the short game area Monday and was able to hit all the different chip shots that'll be required for the event. Still not able to make full swings without pain. I can go at a ball at about 70% and hold off the release with some decent results, but I've been doing impact drills just going from an L to Y.

Not really what I want to be doing, but I am seeing an improvement in my ball striking.

Still lots of putting and chipping for me. Spent a couple hours at the short game area Monday and was able to hit all the different chip shots that'll be required for the event. Still not able to make full swings without pain. I can go at a ball at about 70% and hold off the release with some decent results, but I've been doing impact drills just going from an L to Y.

Not really what I want to be doing, but I am seeing an improvement in my ball striking.

Just get better dude! I'd much prefer you to be there without pain!

Here's hoping for a quick recovery sir. Although I thought you were shutting it down for a while to let it heal :)

Getting off the tee has become a real problem for me which is something I'm not used to as generally it's the only thing I can count on .

So driving and putting for me.

Oh and a few Hail Marys .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the main thing I need to work on is 30-130 yards. My chipping had been good but I'm not exactly throwing darts from those yardages. I have been doing a lot of chipping and putting practice. The mental game has been a lot better and I am playing more consistent. I really need to work on my line because I have been burning edges all year putting. I have met both of my teammates and I am pumped to play with them. Hoping that big Rog will help out with the short game haha

Focusing on everything. Been tweaking my swing with the help of Mr Kong and hitting the range hard. Short game work has been more around the house, but still getting it in.

Prep has been good. I'm 2-0 in match play prep rounds, and I think my slight swing adjustments have come quickly.

I want that #MVP, effing bad, but I'm not putting pressure on myself. My main goal is to just go out and have a hell of a fun time, which should be no problem.

For my answers:
Short game, short game, short game. the times I am able to get to the range I've been spending much of my time at the short game area. I need to focus some more on putting in these final weeks.

Right now, I'm just trying to get healthy. Working on anything when in pain doesn't do any good, so let the pain finish subsiding and then I can do some last minute cramming to get some touch back.

Back