The 2019 Graphite Challenge with UST Mamiya

Really looking forward to following along with this one. Great group of THPers, great iron heads, great shafts, great resorts and courses, great OEM partners, etc. Can't wait to hear what you guys think about the clubs.
Super excited about this after seeing you hit your PTx Pros with the recoils a few weeks ago. They were darn near automatic for you. Hopefully I can stay out of the trees this weekend, I think I have had my fill of them at this point.

I’m ready for knowledge!!! Only a few more days!
Ready for THPers to start sending questions so I can compile them into a spreadsheet!!!

Learned a bit more about the schedule and, true to THP form, the food selections are incredible. The live thread is going to be can't miss entertainment this weekend, especially on Sunday morning as we glide or grind through the Bear Trap. Great group of people at this event, top to bottom.

I am ready to get these custom Recoils in my hands and see how far I can make a golf ball fly!

Mood set to Shaft Guy for the weekend :D

Super excited about this after seeing you hit your PTx Pros with the recoils a few weeks ago. They were darn near automatic for you. Hopefully I can stay out of the trees this weekend, I think I have had my fill of them at this point.
Trees? Hahahaha....!!! The Champ is WATER and SAND off the fairway and beyond the rough. o_O

I just realized this is the 4th or 5th THP Event we have done at PGA National over the years.
It seems like the perfect time to close out the event chapter of THP and open up the Experiences chapter in 2020.

I just realized this is the 4th or 5th THP Event we have done at PGA National over the years.
It seems like the perfect time to close out the event chapter of THP and open up the Experiences chapter in 2020.

Great venue for this, hope to see many more experiences at PGA National in the future.

Just found this from Rory McIlroy. He was asked what he thought the hardest course was on the regular circuit every year... Yup! The Champ.

What is the Hardest Golf Course on the PGA TOUR?
The PGA National's Champion Course, which hosts the Honda Classic, is the most challenging test I face on the PGA TOUR each year. The course is heavily defended by bunkers and water hazards, so when the wind blows (which is most days!) it makes for a tough test.

What Makes it the Most Difficult Golf Course?
Water is present on 16 of the 18 holes, so there is a premium on accuracy off the tee and with approach shots to the green. And after 14 challenging holes we reach the infamous Bear Trap, which can ruin a good scorecard in one shot!

What Strategy or Mindset Do You Use to Play Well at that Venue?
Position off the tee is hugely important around the PGA National as the rough is generally thick and water is everywhere. Then from the fairway, it is possible to attack the pins as the greens are quite large. I have had mixed results at the Honda Classic over the years.... with a win and a 2nd to my name but also some missed cuts! Every year, you learn something new about the place.

Just found this from Rory McIlroy. He was asked what he thought the hardest course was on the regular circuit every year... Yup! The Champ.

What is the Hardest Golf Course on the PGA TOUR?
The PGA National's Champion Course, which hosts the Honda Classic, is the most challenging test I face on the PGA TOUR each year. The course is heavily defended by bunkers and water hazards, so when the wind blows (which is most days!) it makes for a tough test.

What Makes it the Most Difficult Golf Course?
Water is present on 16 of the 18 holes, so there is a premium on accuracy off the tee and with approach shots to the green. And after 14 challenging holes we reach the infamous Bear Trap, which can ruin a good scorecard in one shot!

What Strategy or Mindset Do You Use to Play Well at that Venue?
Position off the tee is hugely important around the PGA National as the rough is generally thick and water is everywhere. Then from the fairway, it is possible to attack the pins as the greens are quite large. I have had mixed results at the Honda Classic over the years.... with a win and a 2nd to my name but also some missed cuts! Every year, you learn something new about the place.
Bring it.

Hope I brought enough

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Ditto!!! I may have just packed another dozen.

When I lived there for 18 years, I can't tell you how many guys from up "north" I played with during the winter months, that were put back on their heels by courses like the Champ. It was interesting to observe. At the time, these courses were "normal" for me. ;)

What is amazing, is there are so many courses right there, within 15 miles of the Champ that are so awesome. BallenIsles, Frenchman's Creek, Mayacoo, Seminole, Jupiter Hills, The Medalist and so many more.... that are as good or better... but you just never hear about them.

Ok... you'll experience it to your core... on Sunday. :LOL:
No point in not welcoming it. I’m up for the challenge. It’ll probably kick my butt but I might get in some kicking, too.

No point in not welcoming it. I’m up for the challenge. It’ll probably kick my butt but I might get in some kicking, too.
It's one of those courses that when you do hit or make a fantastic shot and score well, you remember it forever. That's what makes it so special.

Enjoying some local brew and food20191107_215043.jpg

No one is going to remember if any of us get a 7. But if we birdie 16? I promise I will never shut up about it. We live for glory. ?

No one is going to remember if any of us get a 7. But if we birdie 16? I promise I will never shut up about it. We live for glory. ?
That is a great par 4. Wait until you see it and play it!

Thanks, Delta. My suitcase is still Atlanta.

It is THP event morning...I’ve forgotten just how you’ve felt!!!

IT’S SHAFT DAY!!!!

If you guys havnt been around Danny Le you are in for a treat. First class host and absolute first class person. Then pair JB and Danny together and its one damn good time. You are going to get all sorts of knowledge bombs dropped on you so be prepared. After you get done geeking out and testing your new Recoils make sure you ask a ton of questions and dig deep into what makes all the buzz about Recoils true. Well, once you hit them you will instantly see haha but seriously. Cant forget Tyler Brewton from Ben Hogan and irons that are catching fire quick! Havnt had the pleasure to meet him yet, but I have heard great things and his product. Man......what a deal.

Have fun fellas!!!!!!

Back