LIVE UPDATE THREAD The 2019 Graphite Challenge with UST Mamiya

Any word from Tyler about updated Edge irons or are they staying as is? Honestly, I don’t see how they could improve them

An Edge update is not planned for the winter 2020 release... but stay tuned ?

Question for Danny.

If you’ve got an Elements Chrome in your Driver but looking for less spin, what would you recommend?

Bumping this one.

By the way, those Hogan PTx Pro irons look great! I'm very interested in trying those out and the Recoil shafts have my interest piqued also. I used to be a Hogan iron player in the 80's and 90's.

Some shaft notes:

Weight is the most important variable in shaft selection. Lighter weight can help generate and maintain CHS throughout your round. Lighter weight shafts by their nature DO NOT give up dispersion, in fact it helps in many cases.

Flex is less important. And softer shafts are NOT more likely to make you hook. Freddie couples 3w played on tour for years was a ladies model with ladies shaft.

Tempo is can play a big part in what shaft works for you, as much or more than CHS numbers.
Knowledge like this makes me want to get in to an event with Danny and UST so bad! I'm so shaft uneducated.

Some shaft notes:

Weight is the most important variable in shaft selection. Lighter weight can help generate and maintain CHS throughout your round. Lighter weight shafts by their nature DO NOT give up dispersion, in fact it helps in many cases.

Flex is less important. And softer shafts are NOT more likely to make you hook. Freddie couples 3w played on tour for years was a ladies model with ladies shaft.

Tempo is can play a big part in what shaft works for you, as much or more than CHS numbers.
Follow up to that...
Can shaft weight effect launch angle?

@BHGtylerb - Any discussion around offering more grip options in the line?

I mentioned previously, I have not played the Palmer Course since it's renovation. I played the original The General Course many times and it was more of a links style course with a ton of moguls built into the fairways. Uneven lies everywhere. I'll be very interested to see what they did to it after renovation and how much they changed it.

I’ll ask him tomorrow during our round, but if they continued with the 4* increase per club from the set, the next one would be 50*, which falls into the Equilizer wedge line, right?

Yes and the 50* Equalizer is awesome !

Question for TB - any plans to offer a heavier graphite option for the irons?

Question for TB - any plans to offer a heavier graphite option for the irons?

They are always looking at options.

It was such an awesome time. I remember making a birdie on 15 during our event there. On 16 I got into the fairway bunker off the tee and recovered ok. 17 just ate my lunch.

The 100 yard par 3 on the Palmer course is what actually ate our lunch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Knowledge like this makes me want to get in to an event with Danny and UST so bad! I'm so shaft uneducated.
I'm right there with you! Another shaft illiterate, trying to catch up after a 15 year hiatus.

Reactions: KEV
Have a great round fellas. Nothing like hanging out with some great minds and playing golf on that course!

It was such an awesome time. I remember making a birdie on 15 during our event there. On 16 I got into the fairway bunker off the tee and recovered ok. 17 just ate my lunch.

Same here. Par - par - splash....

He answered the irons last night.

Must have missed that. I saw JB replies saying if he said anything other than the irons it was a lie.

As Usual THP and their partners knock it out of the park.

1. PGA National is amazing and needs to be a THP event location every year
2. Swag is off the charts. I love those UST hats
3. Those custom Recoils are sick!!!
4. Roccos Tacos never disappoints

have fun guys and play well.
I am comfortable with all these!

The 100 yard par 3 on the Palmer course is what actually ate our lunch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right? Lol! A couple of triples in the shamble portion was our undoing. Sad, hahaha!

Back