EXPERIENCE The 2020 Grandaddy of em All with Callaway Golf

Thanks, took a look at that beauty and now I have a new putter desire...just like I knew I would! I have been intrigued by the triple track and how the alignments aids help, but not the biggest fan of the shapes and colors. Love the shapes and colors of the Toulon line. At this point it only makes sense to merge the two so I can get a Toulon with TT!

Hows it been treating you on the greens?

Many know I’ve struggled (and that is being very kind) on the greens at times, but the combo of Triple Track on the ball and my new Toulon has me putting literally the best... I. Have. Ever. Putted. No joke. Still far from tour quality, but for me happiness, confidence and several fewer putts per round. Triple Track was truly eye opening when I joined Callaway. Had messed with a line several times but didn’t help. Triple Track does. Vernier Acuity is real and it works for me. I know some will say I have to say that, but I don’t. I could just be silent. I’m speaking up and out as someone who has publicly struggled putting on something, Triple Track and a putter fit to me, that helped almost immediately and after a couple rounds improved confidence and stroke. Know and trust where you are aiming and you don’t have to steer it back on line. The only reason I went Toulon over Odyssey (Triple Track putters didn’t exist in the real world at that point) was sound/feel. I need a lot of toe hang (get fit!!!!!) and know from previous trial I aim 3 lines best. I am blessed to get that made for me but there is an odyssey/Toulon putter for everyone. Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.

Many know I’ve struggled (and that is being very kind) on the greens at times, but the combo of Triple Track on the ball and my new Toulon has me putting literally the best... I. Have. Ever. Putted. No joke. Still far from tour quality, but for me happiness, confidence and several fewer putts per round. Triple Track was truly eye opening when I joined Callaway. Had messed with a line several times but didn’t help. Triple Track does. Vernier Acuity is real and it works for me. I know some will say I have to say that, but I don’t. I could just be silent. I’m speaking up and out as someone who has publicly struggled putting on something, Triple Track and a putter fit to me, that helped almost immediately and after a couple rounds improved confidence and stroke. Know and trust where you are aiming and you don’t have to steer it back on line. The only reason I went Toulon over Odyssey (Triple Track putters didn’t exist in the real world at that point) was sound/feel. I need a lot of toe hang (get fit!!!!!) and know from previous trial I aim 3 lines best. I am blessed to get that made for me but there is an odyssey/Toulon putter for everyone. Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.
It's a beautiful piece of equipment. I'm glad it's translated into results on the greens

I wonder when JB will be announcing more???????

Side note...are you all enjoying the Shipshow? How can we make it better. This isn’t the time to be nice but rather to be honest and help us create content golfers want.
I never used to be one to really fuss over putter selection. I'd grab what looks good and go. After looking at the Callaway website to build my hypothetical bag the other day, I can't stop thinking about all the putters they offer. From the new Triple Track, to Stroke Lab, to the Toulons, there are no less than 5 putters I would love to try out!

Of the 3, which family of putters is your favorite overall, and which putter from that family do you most desire?

For me it's the Toulon Design family, and within that I would go with the Atlanta. Ask me tomorrow and it could be the Seattle or the Las Vegas 🤣

The putter I have been dreaming about is a Stroke Lab Las Vegas H7 with custom paint fill. Purple and gold baby!

Thanks for this response. I too have a tendency to mentally not trust my alignment on a single line, and I usually end up trying to steer it back on line, as you said. This is why Triple Track got my attention initially, and responses like this is why it keeps my attention.

I too have a tendency to mentally not trust my alignment on a single line, and I usually end up trying to steer it back on line, as you said.

What was a little eye opening, was during the putter fitting, @Luke WilliamsCG had you line yourself up towards the hole. Then when you thought you were good, he moved the ball and placed the laser in its place, and you could see exactly how your putter face was aligned.

What was a little eye opening, was during the putter fitting, @Luke WilliamsCG had you line yourself up towards the hole. Then when you thought you were good, he moved the ball and placed the laser in its place, and you could see exactly how your putter face was aligned.
Oh that would be catastrophic if I did that...

Hate to tell you, but pretty much sure (like 99%) you misalign. All do without extensive, consistent practice. Even tour players struggle with it which is why you see so many mirrors, lines and gates at EVERY PGA Tour event! Because it’s important and hard to do.

Hate to tell you, but pretty much sure (like 99%) you misalign. All do without extensive, consistent practice. Even tour players struggle with it which is why you see so many mirrors, lines and gates at EVERY PGA Tour event! Because it’s important and hard to do.

No need to hate to tell me it. I'm aware of it, if time was limitless, I'm sure I'd be more accurate, but as it is its a crap shoot.

I wonder what the decrease in misalignment going from non Triple Track to TT is, on average.
I.e. how many degrees were you off before vs. off now?

I wonder what the decrease in misalignment going from non Triple Track to TT is, on average.
I.e. how many degrees were you off before vs. off now?

Virtually all players go from aiming outside the hole from 8-10 feet (1.5 deg or more off - seen players as much as 4+ deg off) to inside the hole with triple track. It’s a significant and meaningful improvement.

Take that and add a properly fit putter... You are on the path to truly being a good and consistent putter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The putter I have been dreaming about is a Stroke Lab Las Vegas H7 with custom paint fill. Purple and gold baby!
Oh you love LSU too?!?! 😜

Alright so going back to my question about the Callaway putter family and putter you would want from that family, I need to adjust my answer:

I would take a Triple Track Toulon Atlanta please! Or maybe TT Toulon in Seattle or Las Vegas! Either way, combine the Triple Track with the Toulon!

How about everyone else? Which putter family is your favorite, and which specific putter from that grouping would you pick?

Alright so going back to my question about the Callaway putter family and putter you would want from that family, I need to adjust my answer:

I would take a Triple Track Toulon Atlanta please! Or maybe TT Toulon in Seattle or Las Vegas! Either way, combine the Triple Track with the Toulon!

How about everyone else? Which putter family is your favorite, and which specific putter from that grouping would you pick?
Odyssey. TwoBall. StrokeLab

mxm 9ht is my fav putter of all time.
Dream putter? Odyssey Toulon 9ht with stroke lab shaft.

broke down and ordered a palm beach last night as it is probably as close as I will get for now!

Prior to triple track dropping, my favorite putter to date has been the Toulon Memphis. It's literally the perfect package and you'd been hard pressed to find anything better for me. With that said, Triple Track is a game changer. Period. Add that to the Memphis and I don't see a better putter being released. I mean, I've had my best putting rounds ever with the Memphis, WITHOUT triple track. Scary to think how good it could be with it.

Prior to triple track dropping, my favorite putter to date has been the Toulon Memphis. It's literally the perfect package and you'd been hard pressed to find anything better for me. With that said, Triple Track is a game changer. Period. Add that to the Memphis and I don't see a better putter being released. I mean, I've had my best putting rounds ever with the Memphis, WITHOUT triple track. Scary to think how good it could be with it.
Im in the exact same boat as you, minus the actual having a Toulon part. Im drawn to many of the Toulon designs, but the TT technology is too intriguing to just pass over. Seems like we need to get this Toulon with Triple Track done!

I am really loving the doublwide when I go into a store and putt around. I would love a Toulon version. Maybe we can call it the Louisville!!

Anyways...back to the Grandaddy...

Back