LIVE UPDATE THREAD The 2020 Morgan Cup Sponsored by Cobra Golf

Just landed my first flight in Chicago and already miss everyone. Could stop thinking about everything that took place the last few days. The hangover is going to be big this time.

Maybe if I could make a freaking putt! I owe Jóse a much better match next time.
You weren’t the only one who didn’t make any putts this weekend!! I gave my putter away 😂 even though it wasn’t it’s fault, I just couldn’t trust it anymore. I need to get me a putter like @OITW 😂

You weren’t the only one who didn’t make any putts this weekend!! I gave my putter away 😂 even though it wasn’t it’s fault, I just couldn’t trust it anymore. I need to get me a putter like @OITW 😂

I think we know a guy (MC Alum) who would be willing to drive and get you fit at the Betti studio... #justsayin

Just wanted to share some quick thoughts as an overview from the weekend.

I’m very much not someone that shows emotion and gets choked up, but this event did it to me. The group of men we had here this weekend is what it’s all about. Everyone was fantastic to be around and I’ve been to a lot of these experiences, but this one blew me away. I’m thankful for the new friendships and the bonds that were formed. There is nothing like a Morgan Cup.

When @JB mentioned Yags and Jose leaving their families behind to come here to be with us as we were wrapping up, it just hit me. This was the first time I’d ever left my almost 6 month old son and wife behind. I missed them, a lot. I tried to thank all the guys at the end, but I just couldn’t get it all out without getting choked up thinking about my family back home while Dad is out playing golf and hanging with the guys.

I’ve been through a lot personally over the last 2.5 years and THP has been an awesome getaway for me. I’m thankful it is here and thankful for what it’s given me even though it’s more than I could ever repay. This forum means a lot to me and I thank @JB and @GolferGal from the bottom of my heart for what they do here because I know they put a lot into these things to make them perfect for the people participating along with the OEMs sponsoring it.

Thank you to all the guys here this weekend. You made this weekend one I’ll never forget. I loved the banter and competition, but I’m most proud to call each of you a friend. I welcome the opportunity to tee it up with any of you in the future.

Huge thank you to Rachel for all the behind the scenes work she did. Our scripting was absolute . It was very nice to meet you.

@Master Yagley Thank you for all you did to put this experience on and making sure our equipment was perfect before getting here. Glad to have shared the course with you and happy to call you a friend. If only I believed in myself as much as Yags believed in me, I’d be ok. Thanks so much for your support and answering all my questions.

Thank you also to @LittleRat for everything he did to put this experience together. Had a blast sharing the course with you this weekend and glad to call you a friend too. I hope one day we will get that singles matchup we talked about.

I know how much this weekend means to JB, Morgan, Yags and Jose and it was an honor to be apart of it.

Shout out to the THP universe for following along and cheering us on. It was nice to have some normal in a crazy year.

More to come later.
Best thank you message ever!!
Got me chocked up as well.
Congrats to all.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

I think we know a guy (MC Alum) who would be willing to drive and get you fit at the Betti studio... #justsayin
Something tells me he has another brand in mind for next year.

Something tells me he has another brand in mind for next year.

Does this mean what I think it means? All 14?

Attachments

• DB7199D7-1246-4307-A083-1A62C5C8E05C.jpeg
    DB7199D7-1246-4307-A083-1A62C5C8E05C.jpeg
    68 KB · Views: 21
Holy cow I just finished catching up in this thread. I couldn’t follow live most of the weekend, but wow it looked like a fantastic experience! Congratulations to Team Paradise on the win and to everyone for some great golf. You guys are content kings!!! It was a pleasure following the lead up to the Morgan Cup and to follow your on course adventures in Vegas. I hope you took plenty of pictures and wrote down all of the awesome memories! I look forward to hearing your thoughts once you get to sit back and reflect on the experience.

On a serious note @chefkritter and I had a blast keeping the scorecard all weekend. It kept me into the action and I hope it helped the THP viewing community and I hope the participants enjoyed it as a way to see what was going on in the other matches!

It was soo much fun. Next year I’ll be sure to do more leg work on the front end with some formulas etc. to make the updating quicker so we can get the results into the thread faster.

Any and all suggestions for tweaks is appreciated.

Last edited:
On a serious note @chefkritter and I had a blast keeping the scorecard all weekend. It kept me into the action and I hope it helped the THP viewing community and I hope the participants enjoyed it as a way to see what was going on in the other matches!

It was soo much fun. Next year I’ll be sure to do more leg work on the front end with some formulas etc. to make the updating quicker so we can get the results into the thread faster.

Sizzle, you and @chefkritter put in work! Well done and thanks for making it that much easier to follow along!

Send me a DM and I can link you one of the previous year's GD scoring sheets. Has some bells and whistles that I thought made it easier to track.

Good job with this scoreboard by the way! It always adds to following the coverage.

Send me a DM and I can link you one of the previous year's GD scoring sheets. Has some bells and whistles that I thought made it easier to track.

Good job with this scoreboard by the way! It always adds to following the coverage.

Done and thanks.

Appreciate you guys for keeping the score over the weekend.

👊👊👊👊

Thank you both for your efforts.

Many thanks for sorting through it all and keeping the board (and the players) current.

I’m spending today catching up on the MC. Because of power and internet outages here I was unable to follow on Saturday and yesterday afternoon.

Back