EXPERIENCE The 2020 Morgan Cup Sponsored By Cobra PUMA Golf: Want To Be A Tour Player

Love the State of Utah. This looks like a crazy good course.

OMG!!!!!I gotta be a part of this. This is such great news. This is one of the most beautiful and challenging courses a public golfer can play. I never in my wildest dreams thought THP would ever consider an event at this locale. I should have known better than to think that way after THP brought and event to Idaho. JB, you good sir are knocking it out of the park. Congrats. It’s an awesome time to be a part of this community!

Man that’s gorgeous! Going to be another fantastic Morgan Cup!

A ways. You better off flying into Vegas. It is about 2 hours from Vegas. I love Sand Hollow. I try to play there every year. They use a different type of grass so you dont replace your divots. It will not grow back. The carts are filled with sand and seed.
Looks like 4 hours, Vegas is like 2

place looks gorgeous ! Is it fescue grass like sand valley?

How far form SLC airport?
It’s a little over 4 hours from Salt Lake City. There is an airport in St. George, but I suspect most would fly into Vegas. It’s a little over an hour and a half from Vegas, IIRC.

TypicalC7CBEF3B-F7E9-4409-9BB3-475154B8FAB9.png

place looks gorgeous ! Is it fescue grass like sand valley?

I don't believe so. It is some kind of hybrid. I am not an agronomist even though I listen to superintendent podcast like a total nerd. haha..

The sand in the bunkers is SOOOOO red.

Last edited:
I believe that is 12 or 13... A hook of the tee is dead. I mean literally dead.. Because of the big ol cliff. haha.

I think it is 12. All along that back 9, you are dead if you miss the fairway.

They rent ATV’s there also for those who might want to do some riding in the mountains after golf or if sticking around an extra day.

I would need one of these to find my balls!:cool:

I am totally geeking out over this news.

Here is another course to the south, called Wolf Creek, but it is representative of the type of vistas you’ll see. If you get in, you should try to take a week and just enjoy this very unique place. There is all kinds of hiking nearby. Zions National Park is just a short drive away. It is a place that should be on everybody’s bucket list to see.E2072887-B33A-4169-92DB-090393F7DBF0.jpeg6799CBCE-A3B8-4E56-86D5-65509F0A5512.jpeg

233E94E5-CCAC-4619-A1C7-E3907DFA6D48.jpeg52F8E4E2-16E3-480E-B55B-DB8D78640267.jpegBEF73B3B-DC04-4815-80BB-6D2A5F8A346F.jpeg

I am so excited by this announcement. Can’t wait to experience Sand Hollow in May at the Morgan Cup with THP

What an amazing choice! This is goint to be UNREAL!!!!

I know the odds are slim that I get into this, but dadgum it looks amazing. The Cobra offerings in 2020 look great and I would have never thought this was the course. Awesome!

They rent ATV’s there also for those who might want to do some riding in the mountains after golf or if sticking around an extra day.
Or if you need to go looking for your golf balls... :eek:

Holy s**t. That course looks ridiculous. Cannot wait to follow along for this one.

This course could not be more different from last year’s venue, Haig Point, but that makes this event so cool. I am definitely going to get down there in the next 8 weeks and pump this thread full of photos.

It’s a little over 4 hours from Salt Lake City. There is an airport in St. George, but I suspect most would fly into Vegas. It’s a little over an hour and a half from Vegas, IIRC.
Only if you are driving like a maniac! I'd say more like 2:15 from Vegas, since Hurricane is on the other side of St. George.

I know that my chances of making the MC two years in a row are somewhere between slim and none, but MAN I WANT IN THIS EVENT! Sand Hollow is my favorite course in Southern Utah, and I've been privileged to play a good amount of golf down there. It is an incredible course.

Admittedly Utah is not a place that comes to mind quickly when I think of top notch golf courses but holy crap this place looks amazing.

Going to be an epic venue for an epic event/experience. Feel very fortunate to be part of this event and the captain of Team Paradise. I am super excited and cannot wait to experience this place with THPers.

Lets. freaking. Goooooo!

Back