EXPERIENCE The 2020 Titleist Vokey and Golf Ball Experience

What finish are you guys thinking of??
Haven't got that far yet. Exciting to think about it. Do you think "raw" is one of the choices?

Haven't got that far yet. Exciting to think about it. Do you think "raw" is one of the choices?
Raw is a wedge works option so I would guess it is the tour chrome, brushed steel or jet black as the options. You will find out tho.

Raw is a wedge works option so I would guess it is the tour chrome, brushed steel or jet black as the options. You will find out tho.
That brushed steel does look mighty good.

Yes, the golf ball will be a biggie for me, no doubt. My current gamer is a Bridgestone, which I really feel good with; very curious about the new Titleist balls and their manufacturing processes. With all of the talk in the media about consistency and quality control, I'm looking forward to hearing about how Titleist manages those aspects. Hopefully, also hear about some upcoming changes (if any) in the ball manufacturing industry

Their ball plant tour is freaking awesome. I’ve never been to Callaway’s or Bridgestones So I can’t speak for their process, but the amount of steps titleist takes to ensure the QC of their product is insane. Also, apparently a great place to work as many of their employees have been their for over an average of 13-18 years I believe. Met a lady walking in who had been there for like 25-29 years and she wasn’t even the longest tenured person there haha.
Have a blast!

Brushed steel held up well for me for almost 2 years but I don’t think any of those finishes will do you guys wrong!

I'm hoping that raw will be an option. Otherwise I am not sure which finish I'd go with.

That would make me twitchy. Haha
At least you won’t think you flushed one and up fried in a bunker cuz you grabbed the wrong wedge! Haha

I like the choices so far, looking forward to following the fittings

I am looking forward to the fitting and seeing what i end up with!

Same Here!

Sorry if this was asked already, but of those selected, anyone had a proper wedge fitting before?

I have not had a wedge fitting before. I haven't had any fitting other than on my current Iron set I bought about 8 years ago them checking the length and lie which were standard.

Sorry if this was asked already, but of those selected, anyone had a proper wedge fitting before?

I've worked with some reps at demo days before, but nothing really formal. After visiting TPI out in Oceanside, CA a few years ago, I've been craving for one. But it's hard to see what they do there and then compare to see what is available locally.

I am trying to decide where I want to get fit. Our local golf store has really helped out my best friend by going above and beyond and I know will do that same for me. I really want to support them because of this. They are a top 100 fitter but it is all indoors. There are a couple of options that do have outdoor facilities which I think would be much better to feel the turf action. I want to go with at 48 to help with my gapping from my PW as I currently have a 50 and the gap is a little more than I would like. I assume I will then be around 52-54 and 56-58. I currently use my 54 for pretty much everything 110 yards and in. If I go 54 and then 58 then that where the outdoor would be more helpful. If I go 52 then 56 then only the 56 is where that would be needed as the 48 and 52 are only available in the F grind.

This will be my first proper wedge fitting. Likely, I will go to Club Champion here in Houston (I've been fit there before for irons) and see what they can do for me.

Will have an update coming this week with fitting and wedge ordering info.

congratulations

This will be my first proper wedge fitting. Likely, I will go to Club Champion here in Houston (I've been fit there before for irons) and see what they can do for me.

That is my plan also. Club champion is up in Phx so I plan to drive up for a wedge fitting.

I was fitted for a SW, but it was not extensive. To be honest, at C.C. I hit almost all the SW's the same distance and spin.

Back