LIVE UPDATE THREAD The 2021 Grandaddy of Em All with Callaway Golf

View attachment 9050855

Five things I learned at the Nest:

1) We have some light weights on the team. A mere 5 El Flollo's in and there was damage done. Team THP, we gotta work on the drinking skills.

2) Asian Moby was rocking the mic. Dude has serious skills and a great frigin playlist.

3) @Luke WilliamsCG definitely let's the drinks flow. I honored my commit and hit the bar with him and I am so glad I did. Underneath that menacing Mr. Clean look is a heart of gold. Really great guy.

4) Ubers are rarer than virgins at the nest.

5) Austin Tudor has got moves. He may be on the soft goods side of the house at Callaway, but he was delivering the hard goods on that dance floor!
Love it… I kept a napkin too…
2CDE38C4-9C65-4663-9E8F-99CD5E19AC7E.jpeg

I will be posting multiple times to make sure the scores are seen between the banter. It worked for the MC so it's a proven way to keep people up to date on the scores and still have conversations.

I had the same issue with the MC of missing stuff. I do appreciate it and am not trying to make more work.

PreMatch Update. Day 3! Let’s go!

Ok, time for my bookmark in the thread for where I am at

With an 8 hour time difference, 10am bus means 6pm my time, so I have hopefully got time to get some jobs done before things ramp up in here and I can maybe catch up on some of the thread this evening :unsure:

Go enjoy it guys and try not to let the surroundings overwhelm you

It’s mind blowing how every second of this experience gets better. And just when you think it can’t get even better something amazing happens.
Did I miss something? Or are we still talking about the Nest?

Guys, don’t skip out on having a Bloody Mary. There are plenty of vodka lemonades to be had but try one of these first. They made one at the snack shack in front of #1 for me and it was the best bloody I’ve ever had.

Second, be sure to try any and all ice creams in the snack stations. For research 🙂

Fantastic!

Sorry for the out of order replies but I'm replying as I come to the post rather than waiting to the end and trying to quote those I want to address or say thank you. Easier on an old man's mind.

View attachment 9050855

Five things I learned at the Nest:

1) We have some light weights on the team. A mere 5 El Flollo's in and there was damage done. Team THP, we gotta work on the drinking skills.

2) Asian Moby was rocking the mic. Dude has serious skills and a great frigin playlist.

3) ]@Luke WilliamsCG definitely let's the drinks flow. I honored my commit and hit the bar with him and I am so glad I did. Underneath that menacing Mr. Clean look is a heart of gold. Really great guy.[/B]

4) Ubers are rarer than virgins at the nest.

5) Austin Tudor has got moves. He may be on the soft goods side of the house at Callaway, but he was delivering the hard goods on that dance floor!
He is amazing an a great guy to play golf with.

Tell you something that I've learned from the Fittings - I need to try the Ventus Shaft in my woods in February when the new product is available.
Feels like I'm missing out on something.

And we need to find out what REDACTED is.

PreMatch Update. Day 3! Let’s go!

Man, you blew me away. I'm happy you are getting to experience this again, it's well deserved for many reasons. You couldn't be with nicer guys and neither could they. They are lucky to have you. Appreciate you!!

Last edited:
Such an exciting day!!! Unfortunately, I'm on my way to a few hours of meetings. By the time I get back, I'll be behind by 1500 posts...but I'll catch up!

Day 2 recap
Good morning THP! I really hope you all are enjoying following the ride of our Grandaddy experience! As all of you know, yesterday was fitting day at ECPC. I’m going to do my best to break it down station by station.

My first station was performance goods with Austin Tudor and Brett. Not sure if you’ve seen the new golf bags, but you need to keep an eye out for them! They all look phenomenal, and the ideas they’re incorporating into them are things that I have not seen before. If you enjoy carrying your clubs while you play, there’s a bag that is less than 3 lbs. Not crazy about carrying your clubs? No worries! They have designed a bag that does not bounce or shift on your push cart or while you’re riding! If you haven’t seen the videos of the Buggy Race, they’re worth going back and watching! I went second in the buggy race and was the first to wipe out on the wet track 🤣 it was kinda wet but didn’t look too bad! I caught a slick spot on the last corner and went down! The bag never moved however!

Next up was the fitting station. My fitter was awesome. Started out with irons cause I had a pretty strong feeling about what I would like. Grabbed the TCBs in my current KBS CTaper shafts and I swear I could’ve hit those all day!! Absolutely MONEY! They feel phenomenal and take off like a rocket. Ended up with going with the 4-PW here.

Next was wedges. Another straight forward part of my fitting. Knew I would go 50/54/58 and needed more than 10° bounce with each because of my steep swing and the soft conditions of Ohio. Grabbed the Jaws MD5 50W and only needed a couple shots to know it would be going on the bag. Next was the 54 and I started with the 54C (8° bounce) because of the grind specifically. Knew on the first shot I would probably need more bounce based on how it went through the turf. I tried the 54S and liked it, but wanted something with a little more bounce with that C grind. You know what that describes perfectly? The Full Toe! 54°, 12° of bounce with a C grind. Did I like them? No, I LOVE them!! Turf interaction on full swings is so good and I am beyond excited to test out the versatility around the green.

Next was the most important part of my fitting: driver. Knew what head I was going to try and stuck with it. Dialing it in took a little bit of time because I wasn’t feeling the first shaft we tried. Switched to a Diamana D+ 70TX that I had more familiarity with and that really helped! Ended up going with this shaft at 9.5° (down 1 degree from standard) to open the club face and retain the ideal launch and spin. Big takeaway from the driver: they are FAST! I picked up 2 mph in ball speed that I didnt know I needed.

Next was fairway and hybrid. Ended up going with a redacted 3 wood at 15° in the Diamana D+ 80TX and the redacted 3 hybrid at 20°. Can’t talk a ton about these but I’m going to highlight the hybrid! It was a winner from the start! I was down to like 10 minutes and said let’s try this because I knew a tidbit from the design that gave me confidence it would do what I needed and not worry about going left! Last shot carried 252 and ended at 265. Sounds exactly lime the club I was looking to get for long par 5s and for wet days! Best part was Finley walking up to tell us it was time to switch and seeing the numbers 🤣

Next was putters. Easily the part of my game that is holding me back on days that I’m swinging well. Spent a ton of time pulling an @xThor and talking to Tony Toulon about the new Toulon line and also Badgers football. Awesome guy! Nick knows his stuff. 3 putts is all he needs. Not only did he recommend putters, but the lesson he gave me was worth more than anything I could’ve asked for! I’m working on what he was saying to try and Sean Toulon walks up to watch. That was awesome to say the least!! Ended up with a redacted mallet at 34”, 4° loft, and 1° flat. Am I excited to putt it in the bag? YES!

The lunch and Q&A followed. I can’t even fathom that the CEO took 2 hours out of his day to answer ALL of our questions! He wasn’t a fly on the wall either. He was answering EVERYTHING!! Unintentionally put @DNevsCG on the spot with the 2nd question of the day, but got a very satisfying answer during the lunch that he followed up on during the bus ride.

The bus ride was so amazing! Got the chance to talk with @Luke WilliamsCG Jeff Newton, DNevs, and Austin Tudor for quite awhile. To say the Callaway guys are just good people who are a pleasure to be around does not give them enough credit. To say the bus ride lived up to expectations wouldn’t do it justice!

Dinner was special! We weren’t doing with gifts for the best Cap and AssCap possible in @MattyD-MPLS and @dacatalyst41! Plus the food was delicious and we all know the Legend of Al!!

Im going to end on that cause the clown was at the Nest and I’m pretty sure that caused amnesia of whatever happened after!
Awesome! Thank you!

Back