The 2021 MLB Thread

And here I thought you were brighter than that... 😜
Little league is great for double switch... I prefer professional pitchers to pitch and professional hitters to hit.... taking a starting pitcher out in the 4th inning because you have runners on the corners and 2 outs with the pitcher coming to bat is an absolute joke.... then I have to watch platoon players rotate positions and lineup because, well, they’re platoon players for a reason.... moving your starting 3B to left field by the 7th is an even bigger joke... all because you want a pitcher to have a spot in the batting lineup.... no thanks!
And since you love the strategy of the game so much, why do NL teams always use DH in AL parks? Rhetorical.... we both know why.... better baseball 😉
I grew up watch8ng NL baseball and appreciate that style most. However, having lived in an AL territory and seen maybe the best DH ever (Edgar Martinez) I’ve come to enjoy it too. Now I say neither is better, just different.

I grew up watch8ng NL baseball and appreciate that style most. However, having lived in an AL territory and seen maybe the best DH ever (Edgar Martinez) I’ve come to enjoy it too. Now I say neither is better, just different.
Those Seattle teams were unreal! The kid, Edgar, A-Rod pre A roid Jay Buhner, on and on ! AL> NL 😜

Last edited:
I'm a NL guy and it sucks watching AL teams not having to use any strategy at all. A trained monkey could manage an AL team. Fill out the lineup card and sit on your hands the rest of the game. DH is so old/non fielding players can go up and swing as hard as possible 4 time a game and get a check.

Owners need to grow a pair and blow up the current league to retake control of their teams for the good of the game. Real salary cap and non guaranteed contracts. Say what you want about the NFL but they don't allow one non-performing player to become the franchise boat anchor.

Salary Cap and Non-Guaranteed contracts, I almost spit out my coffee.

The MLBPA is the most powerful union there is, this is most definitely not happening, and frankly, until they want to enforce a salary floor (cough cough CLE, PITT etc.) I don’t disagree with the players on this.

The MLBPA is the most powerful union there is, this is most definitely not happening, and frankly, until they want to enforce a salary floor (cough cough CLE, PITT etc.) I don’t disagree with the players on this.

I've been talking about the salary floor for years.

I've been talking about the salary floor for years.

Yep, to me, that is absolutely CRUCIAL before you have ANY conversation around a Salary Cap.

I don't think either will happen FWIW.

In other news, hoping for more details around the Arenado Trade in the next couple of days. I need to know for sure who the Cardinals gave up to get him.

Very sad day in Red Sox Nation today with Dustin Pedroia officially retiring. I know he had played very little to none in the past few seasons but still sad to see the end of his playing career become official. Not many who have played the game displayed the heart and effort he did throughout his career.

Well, here's some of the deal on the "floor" as far as the Indians are concerned. They used some of that floor money to sign FA Eddie Rosario, who was a thorn in their side when he was with the twins. They signed someone else, whose name escapes me right now. Oh, it was Bryan Shaw, a sturdy relief pitcher. Have also heard that they have no intention of letting other players get away.

The Red Sox give up on Benintendi and ship him out for practically nothing. Tough time to be a Sox fan.

Yeeeaaaa!

The Red Sox give up on Benintendi and ship him out for practically nothing. Tough time to be a Sox fan.
Im a life long Red Sox fan. After they didnt sign Mookie Betts and traded him ( not happy about that) i figured they would use the money they didnt spend and make some positive moves. And now this just dont get it.

Going to be another tough year for us Sox fans. Bad team the last 2 years and the subtractions during this off-season far outweigh the additions. Garrett Richards would have been a great signing 5 years ago....

Tebow time strikes again in ‘21. If I can get to some minor league games this year I’ll watch him strike out some more.

Did anyone see what happened in the minors? MLB took it all over and made 4 new national leagues. Triple A and Double A is now it’s own league

Did anyone see what happened in the minors? MLB took it all over and made 4 new national leagues. Triple A and Double A is now it’s own league

Yes I sure did. Glad to see salary increases coming for these guys, they deserve it.

Going to be another tough year for us Sox fans. Bad team the last 2 years and the subtractions during this off-season far outweigh the additions. Garrett Richards would have been a great signing 5 years ago....

OK, so you went 80+ years between World Series, and now it seems like you want them to be there every year. Uh, not "want" them to be there, but "expect" them to be there! There is a difference.

I really hope I can get to a minor league ballgame this year. Social distancing was in at AA games far before it was cool worldwide.

Plenty of good seats available at PNC Park . . . .

All jokes aside, I really enjoy watching a night game there. Only did it once 5 or so years ago, but it was a blast! The river, the view of downtown, the ballpark itself. Great experience.

All jokes aside, I really enjoy watching a night game there. Only did it once 5 or so years ago, but it was a blast! The river, the view of downtown, the ballpark itself. Great experience.
Best park and the worst team. I have to get there for a game.

It’s been more than 5 years since I’ve been to a game there! I loved paying $1+fees to sit wherever I wanted when I went to Pitt from 2009-2010. Such a great ballpark!

Rough odds for the O’s.

OK, so you went 80+ years between World Series, and now it seems like you want them to be there every year. Uh, not "want" them to be there, but "expect" them to be there! There is a difference.
As a Sox fan I don't expect them to be in the WS every year, BUT I do want them to be competitive every year. That's the difference to me. They have the $$ and resources to be competitive each year. Not win it all, but compete. That's why it's sad, not that they don't make it to the WS.

Tim Tebow announced his retirement today. Not exactly MLB news, but he got closer than most people thought he would.

Tim Tebow announced his retirement today. Not exactly MLB news, but he got closer than most people thought he would.
I was really hoping NY would give him call up at the end of the year but being that they are making a hard push for it this year, that just isn't going to happen. He did more than most gave him credit for.

Tatis Jr, 14 years $340 million 😳😳

Back