EXPERIENCE The 2022 Victory Cup with Mizuno

New week .... new set of holes!!!

Hole 6 - 360 yard par 4. - This hole is a perfect example of target golf and Pete Dye once called it the most beautiful on the course. The drive must avoid dense palm and pine trees on the right and two fairway bunkers and a lateral water hazard on the left. The slightly elevated green is protected by maintained bunkers, grass bunkers and clustered palm trees. The specific landing area on this hole offers players a level lie for their approach to the two-tiered green, which slopes down from right to left and back to front. Uneven and awkward lies, the result of shots that narrowly missed their targets, will cause higher scores on this hole. The players' short games will be tested here on a daily basis. Visually, players will be greeted by an expanded water hazard down the left side of the hole in 2017.

View attachment 9108797View attachment 9108798

View attachment 9108799
That's a real pretty golf course. I think I could do okay on this hole. Aim driver for the Y in the cart path and try to bring it back into the middle of the fairway and have a wedge or short iron in. Those pot bunkers up front have probably caused some fits.

this isn't playstation tiger woods golf

Start speed training like Russell Wilson does for thumb rehab, 19 hours a day. You will have to back it down from a driver!

Hole #7 - 407 yard Par 4

A long slight dogleg right. A vast fairway bunker and a lateral water hazard running almost the entire length of the hole guard the left side of the fairway. The right side of the landing area is lined by thick trees. The driving area is very large and the preferred side is dictated by the pin placement. A tee shot on the left is preferred for a pin cut on the right and a drive from the right is desired for a hole located in the rear or left. The green is protected by maintained bunkers in the front and to the left, and severe slope off the back. The wind direction on this hole can make it very difficult to score well. In 2017, the water down the left was expanded, making it much more visually intimidating for players. The tee was also shifted five yards to the right, bringing the overhanging tree on the right into play and making a fade the preferred ball-flight.

1659529548767.png1659529571895.png
1659529613723.png

Holes 6 and 7, for me it's aim at the left bunker and hit the cut that is now a feature of my driver...and pray that it doesn't decide to be straight.

Hole 6 - 360 yard par 4. - This hole is a perfect example of target golf and Pete Dye once called it the most beautiful on the course. The drive must avoid dense palm and pine trees on the right and two fairway bunkers and a lateral water hazard on the left. The slightly elevated green is protected by maintained bunkers, grass bunkers and clustered palm trees. The specific landing area on this hole offers players a level lie for their approach to the two-tiered green, which slopes down from right to left and back to front. Uneven and awkward lies, the result of shots that narrowly missed their targets, will cause higher scores on this hole. The players' short games will be tested here on a daily basis. Visually, players will be greeted by an expanded water hazard down the left side of the hole in 2017.

View attachment 9108799
Give me 4W off the tee here. Should hopefully leave me a GW or 54 in depending on the tees.
Hole #7 - 407 yard Par 4

A long slight dogleg right. A vast fairway bunker and a lateral water hazard running almost the entire length of the hole guard the left side of the fairway. The right side of the landing area is lined by thick trees. The driving area is very large and the preferred side is dictated by the pin placement. A tee shot on the left is preferred for a pin cut on the right and a drive from the right is desired for a hole located in the rear or left. The green is protected by maintained bunkers in the front and to the left, and severe slope off the back. The wind direction on this hole can make it very difficult to score well. In 2017, the water down the left was expanded, making it much more visually intimidating for players. The tee was also shifted five yards to the right, bringing the overhanging tree on the right into play and making a fade the preferred ball-flight.

View attachment 9108977View attachment 9108978
View attachment 9108979
Going driver here. Should leave the same GW or 54 into the green. Beautiful holes.

Hole 7, just hit it pass Cam Champ's drive, lol

Hole #7 - 407 yard Par 4

View attachment 9108979

another beautiful hole, and really seems like the second shot is a beast. i'm thinking driver at the far longer bunker, because i don't want to have a mid- or long iron in my hand for the approach.

Hole 8 today - Probably playing at 195 yards for the crew - the longest par 3 on the course requires a long iron or fairway wood to carry a myriad of obstacles. The deep, narrow and sloping green is protected by numerous maintained bunkers and grass bunkers. This is another hole that puts pressure on the players' short games. Par again will be very welcome on this demanding par 3.

What ya hitting here??

The bunker in the middle of the fairway seems ominous... Just staring at you and daring you to go over it... good chance one of the 8 will hit a bunker on this hole I'm guessing.

1659615018611.png1659615035808.png
1659615059171.png

21° hybrid. Or maybe the Honma hybrid I’ll be testing in a few days for THP (depending on what type of yardage I get with it). I don’t mind landing short here between green and that fairway bunker for a chip on and hopefully 1 putt. With this hole being #2 difficultly depending on format I could pop.

Last edited:
3HDI should get me on the green.

Hole 8 today - Probably playing at 195 yards for the crew - the longest par 3 on the course requires a long iron or fairway wood to carry a myriad of obstacles. The deep, narrow and sloping green is protected by numerous maintained bunkers and grass bunkers. This is another hole that puts pressure on the players' short games. Par again will be very welcome on this demanding par 3.

What ya hitting here??

The bunker in the middle of the fairway seems ominous... Just staring at you and daring you to go over it... good chance one of the 8 will hit a bunker on this hole I'm guessing.

View attachment 9109488View attachment 9109490
View attachment 9109491

hybrid for me. try to hit a high draw for a little extra distance. this one has double written all over it.

So which Mizuno ball has been getting the call for you guys on your lead up to this? Assuming Tour or Tour X are the main answers here

So which Mizuno ball has been getting the call for you guys on your lead up to this? Assuming Tour or Tour X are the main answers here
We will answer this after our call on August 18th...

We will answer this after our call on August 18th...
Fair play! Whether that means new ball or just waiting on iron info (or both), I'm here for either!

Fair play! Whether that means new ball or just waiting on iron info (or both), I'm here for either!
I will let other participants from the Victory Cup chime in ;) But yes we are hoping for a new ball and other details regarding the event.

I’m about 90% confident that I want to go graphite in whatever irons end up being available to us.

I got to play with some THPers last Sunday and was able to hit @Golfers Anonymous UST Mamiya recoil shafts and they really clicked well with me. As soon as I got home I jumped on Mizunos website to see if they were a non upcharge option.
View attachment 9108760
Sure are!! I really hope they are available to us. I’m hoping to meet up with GA at some point in the next couple weeks to hit them through the rest of his bag.
These are so consistent for me. When you hit a few more clubs with them, you'll be sold (as if you aren't already)!

View attachment 9108799
Grip down a 3W and play it right center of the fairway. That should be 230-40 leaving an easy GW or PW.

Hole #7 - 407 yard Par 4

View attachment 9108979
Driver played again up the right center of the fairway. If I hit an average drive, that'll leave 140 or so in and an easy 9 or so. A good drive most likely will leave me with something less than a full GW.

What ya hitting here??

View attachment 9109488View attachment 9109490
View attachment 9109491
This is a tough pull. We only have one par 3 of comparable length and it usually plays 190-200 from the whites and is a yard or two downhill.

1659716571627.png

It's usually a 6 and 7 and I've hit both onto and over the green (short, too:oops:). Since my 5 doesn't often speak nicely to me, I'll go with 6.

These are so consistent for me. When you hit a few more clubs with them, you'll be sold (as if you aren't already)!
Thanks! It's incredible how much it just clicked when I swung GA's pitching wedge. I've never experienced that kind of feeling with a golf shaft before. Bliss.

Time to wrap up the front 9. Hole #9 - 546 Par 5. Looks to be some trouble all over. How are you playing it??

The ninth hole is considered by many to be one of the finest par 5s in the country. A large lake and bunker to the right of the fairway collect stray drives, while woods to the left hinder second shots. The most important shot on this hole is the second. This shot will be a long iron or fairway wood directed to the right side of the fairway. To the left, a wandering fairway bunker and large oak trees crowd the small second-shot landing area. The green is very thin and severely sloped from the front to the back right. A severely banked maintained bunker guards the left and rear of the green, along with a small maintained bunker. Another small bunker in the front causes problems for players coming up short. Approach shots to the green will be with a middle to short iron. As this hole progresses from the tee to the green, it becomes more narrow and demanding. This hole can make or break a good outward nine holes. There is a new spectator mound behind the green.

1659725171718.png1659725190943.png
1659725199565.png

Back