EXPERIENCE The 2022 Victory Cup with Mizuno

I’m about 90% confident that I want to go graphite in whatever irons end up being available to us.

I got to play with some THPers last Sunday and was able to hit @Golfers Anonymous UST Mamiya recoil shafts and they really clicked well with me. As soon as I got home I jumped on Mizunos website to see if they were a non upcharge option.
FE9C06FF-B2C2-4223-8010-7746940192FF.jpeg
Sure are!! I really hope they are available to us. I’m hoping to meet up with GA at some point in the next couple weeks to hit them through the rest of his bag.

Last edited:
I’m about 90% confident that I want to go graphite in whatever irons end up being available to us.

I got to play with some THPers last Sunday and was able to hit @Golfers Anonymous UST Mamiya recoil shafts and they really clicked well with me. As soon as I got home I jumped on Mizunos website to see if they were a non upcharge option.
View attachment 9108760
Sure are!! I really hope they are available to us. I’m hoping to meet up with GA at some point in the next couple weeks to hit them through the rest of his bag.

i’m hoping we have some graphite options too! i tested recoil 95 f3 in the pro 223 and was blown away by the feel and how consistently the setup performed.

i’m hoping we have some graphite options too! i tested recoil 95 f3 in the pro 223 and was blown away by the feel and how consistently the setup performed.
The feel was phenomenal. I like to think I have a pretty smooth tempo when I’m swinging it well and they matched up perfectly. I probably would have never considered graphite irons shafts if not for swinging them and seeing the on course results on Sunday. Just another reason playing with THPers is just the best.

View attachment 9108760
90%? More like 99.9% 😆

View attachment 9108760

My choice also. I have the 680 F4 84g right now and could stand to go a little heavier.

Sshhhh… I’m trying to maintain the intrigue by continuing to waffle.. 🤣
🤣 My bad, so it was between these and the X100’s again right 🤣

Loving the photos of the course and hole layouts, I've only ever seen this course on tv so following along with you guys is going to be fun!

Next up.... Hole 4.

359 yard par 4 with water and sand on the right and the green guarded by water in front and bunkers on the side and back.

I'm thinking a smooth 3 wood to 100 yard marker and then a nice wedge on the approach. What say you?

Sawgrass Hole #4 Clip

View attachment 9107555View attachment 9107556

I'd go driver at the mound left of the fairway and hope for a slight fade, leaving a shorter wedge in
A right pin would make the approach much easier ... I think

Can't wait to follow my man, @AuzzieMatt next month 👊🏻

New week .... new set of holes!!!

Hole 6 - 360 yard par 4. - This hole is a perfect example of target golf and Pete Dye once called it the most beautiful on the course. The drive must avoid dense palm and pine trees on the right and two fairway bunkers and a lateral water hazard on the left. The slightly elevated green is protected by maintained bunkers, grass bunkers and clustered palm trees. The specific landing area on this hole offers players a level lie for their approach to the two-tiered green, which slopes down from right to left and back to front. Uneven and awkward lies, the result of shots that narrowly missed their targets, will cause higher scores on this hole. The players' short games will be tested here on a daily basis. Visually, players will be greeted by an expanded water hazard down the left side of the hole in 2017.

1659453287184.png1659453317969.png

1659453441282.png

Hole 6 - 360 yard par 4. - This hole is a perfect example of target golf and Pete Dye once called it the most beautiful on the course. The drive must avoid dense palm and pine trees on the right and two fairway bunkers and a lateral water hazard on the left. The slightly elevated green is protected by maintained bunkers, grass bunkers and clustered palm trees. The specific landing area on this hole offers players a level lie for their approach to the two-tiered green, which slopes down from right to left and back to front. Uneven and awkward lies, the result of shots that narrowly missed their targets, will cause higher scores on this hole. The players' short games will be tested here on a daily basis. Visually, players will be greeted by an expanded water hazard down the left side of the hole in 2017.

View attachment 9108797View attachment 9108798

View attachment 9108799

this hole looks beautiful! i'm feeling a cut off the bunker on the left, and a short iron or wedge to the green.

View attachment 9108799
Driver to the center - just in the bullseye, depending on what tee's either slightly further or right in the center. That gives me a 6-7 iron down to a PW onto the green. I really like this one because this is a 2 shot into the green for me at that distance. I really like this hole distance. 2 putt par.

View attachment 9108760
Absolutely phenomenal decision

View attachment 9108799

It's a good hole. All about position off the tee and then precision with a scoring club. Should have a decent chance for a birdie if we play it right. Memory is you definitely want to be below the hole if possible here. Green tilts pretty hard.

View attachment 9108799
Whip driver out and knock it on the green!

Back