The 2023 MLB + Hot Stove & Offseason Thread

That was their weakness going into playoffs. Other than their first two starters, everyone else pitched way above their average.
Ah, makes sense. Hell of a run for your boys!

Congrats to the rangers. Did not see that happening but what can you do? I won't talk crap about them until spring training. lol.

Congrats to the Rangers. They really decided to go for it these last two years and it paid off.

Congrats Rangers fans. Well deserved. Not in 100 tries would I have picked these two teams in the World Series at beginning of the season. But holy cow, what a great postseason all baseball fans got this year.

Well we knew it was coming but now it’s official. End of an Era

Celebrate We Did It GIF by SAG Awards

Cubs make a little splash today.
Not the first time they have done this, firing Renteria to hire Maddon almost 10 years ago.

Cubs make a little splash today.
Not the first time they have done this, firing Renteria to hire Maddon almost 10 years ago.
Just saw this. Good move for them. But wow, That’s a lot of money.

Just saw this. Good move for them. But wow, That’s a lot of money.
And here is the thing - you have to have a line up to match that price tag for a manager.

Free agency starts today so is it time for a new thread yet?

And here is the thing - you have to have a line up to match that price tag for a manager.
They are only a few moves away to be in the playoffs so maybe they are hoping he squeezes a win or 2 in addition to get them there?
( I think the dollar value is 8 million per win according to WAR?)

Last edited:
yeesh some of these projected contracts are insane.

Shohei 12/$528 - If he never gets back to pitching as an ace you are paying $44m a year for a DH?
Bellinger 12/$264 - How can you give this dude 12 yrs? He fell apart and had one good year again. Plus it costs you a draft pick to sign him

Shohei 12/$528 - If he never gets back to pitching as an ace you are paying $44m a year for a DH?
Bellinger 12/$264 - How can you give this dude 12 yrs? He fell apart and had one good year again. Plus it costs you a draft pick to sign him

Sucks to see Dodgers and Yankees mentioned with every big free agent

I agree with your assessments. Cray cray stuff.

Bryce Harper is now a first baseman. Seems like Rhys Hoskins time in Philly is over.

Read that this morning. That’s going to be a tough bat to replace
But he was sooo bad in the field. I will miss him and his hot streaks at the plate and he appears to be a great guy. Sounds like the Phillies will be busy this winter.

Back