EXPERIENCE The 2024 Morgan Cup – Sponsored by Cobra Golf

So is betting on your own team with THP money frowned upon like pro sports? Or can I get THP rich on a Hackers win?

Asking for a friend.
Hell no!!!!

Betting Mads Mikkelsen GIF by James Bond 007

🚨🚨🚨 Attention Participants

Club orders will be due May 17!

That is a full 3 weeks from today.

Shaft info: You can choose any shafts in their stock lineup. It must be part of their no charge upgrades

Some Notes: Every product chosen MUST be current. Want to play something older? Find another website hosting things like this. This is 2024 and this is the mother ******* Morgan Cup.

Any questions post in the thread or ask your captain!

So is betting on your own team with THP money frowned upon like pro sports? Or can I get THP rich on a Hackers win?

Asking for a friend.
Call Ohtani's interpreter. He can work it out.

Panic Omg GIF

This is what I imagine going on in the heads of those selected over the past 2 days. Hahahaha..
I know thats how my mind would be getting that order together and sticking to it.

I know Team Paradise doesn't have that problem. :p

Shaft info: You can choose any shafts in their stock lineup. It must be part of their no charge upgrades

Some Notes: Every product chosen MUST be current. Want to play something older? Find another website hosting things like this. This is 2024 and this is the mother ******* Morgan Cup.

Yes, Darkspped, King Tour, King CB and King MB are all in line.

Damn, you're extra bossy today! 👊

I’ll ask this publicly since others might have the same questions.

What about grips? Those also just the no upcharge?

How about something like the King Tec hybrids? On the website they show as 2023-2024 hybrids.

I think I may have to spend some time down at Carl's Golfland tomorrow hitting everything Cobra. I have some ideas of what I'll probably go with, but should probably hit everything first just to make sure.

By any chance, does anyone know which Cobra putters are face balanced? That might help narrow down which ones I focus on.
Blade or mallet.

The Widesport blade is face balanced.

Is the Season Opener Darkspeed Driver an option? I'm a huge floral print guy and that has my name written all over it!

Is the Season Opener Darkspeed Driver an option? I'm a huge floral print guy and that has my name written all over it!
Limited Editions have not been an option in the past.

How about something like the King Tec hybrids? On the website they show as 2023-2024 hybrids.
All no upcharge girps are allowed.
King TEC hybrids are in line.

King Tec hybrids have been VERY good to me. Glad to hear they are an inline option. Highly recommend trying them.

Someone already posted a graphic with all the toe hang/face balanced varieties a couple pages back.
Didn't see that. But I have playing experience with Cobra blade putters, both faced balanced and with toe hang. I currently have the Widesport. I really like it. Last season I played the Grandsport 35.

I understand why you need to post this. It also made me :ROFLMAO: . It will be interesting to see who has some difficulty in following rules and directions.

Didn't see that. But I have playing expereince with Cobra blade putters, both faced balanced and with toe hang. I currently have the Widesport. I really like it. Last season I played the Grandsport 35.
Appreciate the insight. I haven't tried a Cobra putter in a few years. Looking forward to finding one that works for me!

I guess I will try again next year! Looking forward to equipment orders and seeing what everyone goes with.

King Tec hybrids have been VERY good to me. Glad to hear they are an inline option. Highly recommend trying them.
Strong ponder for sure. I like the idea of adjustability to dial in gaps as well as change the weighting to make it more neutral to fade biased

Appreciate the insight. I haven't tried a Cobra putter in a few years. Looking forward to finding one that works for me!
If you like blades, they're both very good, I would definitely suggest trying as many as possible. Enjoy the process. The club selection and then playing with them for the season is a really cool aspect of the Morgan Cup.

Surprised to see some participants who were selected not even posting in this main thread, weird. Oh and FYI I will be calling members out on both sides if you aren't active and talking Cobra equipment all season long.
As it should be!

Strong ponder for sure. I like the idea of adjustability to dial in gaps as well as change the weighting to make it more neutral to fade biased
The adjustability is HUGE. I've got a video on my YT where I dialed several settings and the immediate changes to ball flight were very noticeable. I've got them both completely dialed now and love em.

Im going to start a new thing at THP Experiences and say certain people can only have water.
Thinking about calling it the Whiskey Business rule or the Golfinnut rule.
Two different outcomes, but both are not great, depending on who you ask.
It was @MarMill 's espresso martini's that was the last straw wasn't it. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

It was @MarMill 's expresso martini's that was the last straw wasn't it. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Oh goodness know.
Our bills the last couple of experiences plus someone else getting really ill out there have led us to start thinking about certain things.

Panic Omg GIF

This is what I imagine going on in the heads of those selected over the past 2 days. Hahahaha..
I know thats how my mind would be getting that order together and sticking to it.

I know Team Paradise doesn't have that problem. :p

I've been like that this whole time so I can imagine how it is just being selected. But 3 weeks gives everyone time to find a place to hit the clubs and get a feel for what they want to select.

Back