EXPERIENCE The 2024 Titleist Vokey Experience

This event is getting me fired up haha! Golf is on the horizon, and we really don't have to wait too long for it to arrive.
I can’t wait to go through this process, I’ve gone down the internet golfer rabbit hole eating these wedge fitting videos. I play a ton of different types of courses and have always hit things with a square face. I’m ready for the knowledge and tools to improve my short game.

I can’t wait to go through this process, I’ve gone down the internet golfer rabbit hole eating these wedge fitting videos. I play a ton of different types of courses and have always hit things with a square face. I’m ready for the knowledge and tools to improve my short game.
When is the fitting?

I just received an email from the Titleist team, my fitting is scheduled for the first week in April
That’s very exciting! Is it outdoors?

That’s very exciting! Is it outdoors?
Doesn't specifically say but I assume so because it's going to be held at a massive outdoor practice facility for a course in Chicago.

Doesn't specifically say but I assume so because it's going to be held at a massive outdoor practice facility for a course in Chicago.
Can’t wait to hear how it goes! You’re going to be dialed in come experience time

Getting so excited for this event. I was driving by the Roanoke area last week and it was already greening up nicely, and is such a pretty area with the mountains in the distance.

Then I saw SM10 wedges in person and think they look so clean and wonderful with a great look in all three finishes.

I can't wait to get going and learn all the things about wedges that I know I don't know.

Just connected with the fitter that Titleist has set me up with. I'm going next Monday afternoon. Sounds like a great guy, and I'm really looking forward to the experience.

Just a little over a month away from the start of this awesome experience. I was in my local PGA Superstore yesterday, looking at the SM10 wedges. I love how the 48 looks in setup position. It has a nice, compact profile to my eye. I also looked very closely at the M grind, which is the grind that most closely matches my current 58* wedge.

Confirmed my fitting for April 2 at 2pm at Harborside in Chicago with fitter HART YOSHIDA. So extremely excited!!!!

31 Days til the Vokey Experience!

I can't wait for this event next month but it's already beginning. I had my wedge fitting and was amazed at how good it was, probably the best fitting experience I've ever had (I've never done a wedge fitting before but a lot for other clubs).

We started hitting my PW for a baseline, then a Vokey 46* to see how that compared. We decided to stick with my PW but I've got a 50, 54 and 58 to look forward to. It was amazing to see how the different grinds worked with the turf interaction. There was some launch monitor data but a lot of it was based on feel and how the ball came off the club. Some grinds I just couldn't get one the sweet spot (normally too high on the face) and others felt perfect every time.

After about 50 minutes on the range we had it narrowed down when he asked what I struggled the most with. For me it's a tight lie chip shot and less than full swings. We were off to a chipping green to hit some tight lies with 2 different 58's. A few shots in it was obvious which one was right for me. Next we went out to one of the holes and hit about 15 shots from 75, 50, and 30 yards. Again it really helped to confirm which bounce works best for me. In the end my new 50* has more bounce than previous, the 54* is exactly what I'm currently playing, and the 58* has less bounce. Not at all what I expected.

To top it off the personalization Titleist is letting us do is off the charts to. I got to choose the nickel finish, he recommended matching my iron shaft in the 50*, getting 1/2" longer than standard, and I'm stamping my nickname on them.

I'd highly recommend the Titleist wedge fitting to everyone as I know it's going to help my game. If you're in Southern California and can get Jim Pooler to do it I wouldn't hesitate. He's off the charts good at this - so much so that I'm probably going to do a driver fitting with him because I know he fit me correctly.

I can't wait for this event next month but it's already beginning. I had my wedge fitting and was amazed at how good it was, probably the best fitting experience I've ever had (I've never done a wedge fitting before but a lot for other clubs).

We started hitting my PW for a baseline, then a Vokey 46* to see how that compared. We decided to stick with my PW but I've got a 50, 54 and 58 to look forward to. It was amazing to see how the different grinds worked with the turf interaction. There was some launch monitor data but a lot of it was based on feel and how the ball came off the club. Some grinds I just couldn't get one the sweet spot (normally too high on the face) and others felt perfect every time.

After about 50 minutes on the range we had it narrowed down when he asked what I struggled the most with. For me it's a tight lie chip shot and less than full swings. We were off to a chipping green to hit some tight lies with 2 different 58's. A few shots in it was obvious which one was right for me. Next we went out to one of the holes and hit about 15 shots from 75, 50, and 30 yards. Again it really helped to confirm which bounce works best for me. In the end my new 50* has more bounce than previous, the 54* is exactly what I'm currently playing, and the 58* has less bounce. Not at all what I expected.

To top it off the personalization Titleist is letting us do is off the charts to. I got to choose the nickel finish, he recommended matching my iron shaft in the 50*, getting 1/2" longer than standard, and I'm stamping my nickname on them.

I'd highly recommend the Titleist wedge fitting to everyone as I know it's going to help my game. If you're in Southern California and can get Jim Pooler to do it I wouldn't hesitate. He's off the charts good at this - so much so that I'm probably going to do a driver fitting with him because I know he fit me correctly.
So what bounce/grinds were you fit into?

50.12 F Grind, 54.14 F Grind, 58.08 M Grind. As I mentioned, not at all what I would have selected if I was buying off the shelf.
Did you do the online selector tool beforehand? If so how close did it get you to the fitter’s recommendations?

Did you do the online selector tool beforehand? If so how close did it get you to the fitter’s recommendations?
I did and the 50* was exactly the same but the online selector said 54.12D and 60.12D (online I put in I wanted a 60* but in the fitting we determined I didn't need the extra loft and the 58 was better for me). Biggest difference is the bounce on the 58 being 8* on what I'm getting - and that was all based on hitting chip shots around the green.

THP experiences baby!!

Sounds like an awesome fitting. I always love when a THP experience starts before the actual experience! Builds up even more excitement than there already is.

Sounds like an awesome fitting. I always love when a THP experience starts before the actual experience! Builds up even more excitement than there already is.
I'd agree. It's my first THP experience but my excitement level is off the charts. The only issue is having to wait a month to get the new wedges!

I'd agree. It's my first THP experience but my excitement level is off the charts. The only issue is having to wait a month to get the new wedges!
That is always the tough part, the wait. It gives you plenty of time to consume every piece of Vokey content that is out there until then though 😁.

Good thing there are also two experiences that will happen in between which helps too. Definitely jump into those and you'll see the excitement for your experience grow even more.

Thanks for the detailed fitting experience report Jefe! Can't wait to get my fitting scheduled too. Currently playing a 43deg. PW and a 48 deg GW from my set plus two older Vokeys - a 54 and a 60. Hoping to get fit into three Vokey wedges like you. I've done the Vokey selector tool and it puts me in a 48.10F, 54.10S and a 60.08M. I'll be very curious how close this is to what my fitter recommends. My level of anticipation is high for the fitting, but off the charts for the experience itself!

Thanks for the detailed fitting experience report Jefe! Can't wait to get my fitting scheduled too. Currently playing a 43deg. PW and a 48 deg GW from my set plus two older Vokeys - a 54 and a 60. Hoping to get fit into three Vokey wedges like you. I've done the Vokey selector tool and it puts me in a 48.10F, 54.10S and a 60.08M. I'll be very curious how close this is to what my fitter recommends. My level of anticipation is high for the fitting, but off the charts for the experience itself!
It sounds like this is a configuration that the selector tool spits out regularly, if the analysis includes a stronger lofted pw.

Just connected with the fitter that Titleist has set me up with. I'm going next Monday afternoon. Sounds like a great guy, and I'm really looking forward to the experience.
Ahhh man, I can't wait to hear your thoughts on this.

Had a fitting today with Mike Beattie, the KY rep (who I think works into TN and WV as well).

I've had a couple fitting opportunities with Titleist over the last couple years, mostly in Ohio with some guys who I really like, but it was great to experience another rep who is clearly invested in the Titleist experience for golfers, and believes in the product.

I'll be glad to get some info into the Vokey thread, but it was such a fun time. Mike and I see eye to eye a lot when it comes to how a fitting should go, but he also alluded to the idea that he was able to work with a lot of different types of people to make sure they are happy and excited about the process.

Very good stuff. Titleist has a good one in Mike.

Had a fitting today with Mike Beattie, the KY rep (who I think works into TN and WV as well).

I've had a couple fitting opportunities with Titleist over the last couple years, mostly in Ohio with some guys who I really like, but it was great to experience another rep who is clearly invested in the Titleist experience for golfers, and believes in the product.

I'll be glad to get some info into the Vokey thread, but it was such a fun time. Mike and I see eye to eye a lot when it comes to how a fitting should go, but he also alluded to the idea that he was able to work with a lot of different types of people to make sure they are happy and excited about the process.

Very good stuff. Titleist has a good one in Mike.

Still have a hard time believing I was picked for this cool experience. THP has a fan for life, the wealth of knowledge on this site for a golf nut just blows my mind.

Work travel has kept me busy so my apologies for the delayed report. My fitting was actually about 2 weeks ago.

I will start by saying I have new truly been fit for any club. I have been to numerous golf stores (Golf Headquarters, PGA Super Store, Golf Galaxy.....etc.) but only to compare clubs that were basically off the rack options. So this Titleist fitting was my first real deal fitting.

Since I am in KY, I also had the pleasure of working with Mike Beattie as my fitter. This was a top-notch experience from beginning to end. Admittedly I was a little nervous, but Mike squashed those thoughts in an instant, it felt like we were old buddies 10 minutes into my warm up. If you are in the KY/TN/WV region I would highly recommend requesting Mike for your fitting. Mike could tell instantly by sound and turf interactions what was working and what wasn't, he then showed me on the monitor the tangible data to support each option.

The fitting tent set up was amazing, seemed like Team Titleist had 100+ shafts and grind configurations to choose from. After hitting more wedges over the course of an hour than I could believe we settled on a combination that was perfect for me. The feel on 3/4 shots was impressive, the ball flight was what I envisioned, and I loved the sound. The same clubs worked really well with various shots around the short game area (bump and run, flop, mid ball flight with check). One other cool touch was they allowed for the clubs to be personalized.

Results
  • 48 degree, Modus 3 Tour 120 shaft, F Grind
  • 54 bent 1 degree strong (53 degree) Modus 3 Tour 120 , F Grind
  • 58 degree, Modus 3 Tour 120 shaft, D Grind

The overall experience was so good, based on this fitting, I plan to add Titleist to the list of irons I am testing prior to purchasing in the next month or so.

Still have a hard time believing I was picked for this cool experience. THP has a fan for life, the wealth of knowledge on this site for a golf nut just blows my mind.

Work travel has kept me busy so my apologies for the delayed report. My fitting was actually about 2 weeks ago.

I will start by saying I have new truly been fit for any club. I have been to numerous golf stores (Golf Headquarters, PGA Super Store, Golf Galaxy.....etc.) but only to compare clubs that were basically off the rack options. So this Titleist fitting was my first real deal fitting.

Since I am in KY, I also had the pleasure of working with Mike Beattie as my fitter. This was a top-notch experience from beginning to end. Admittedly I was a little nervous, but Mike squashed those thoughts in an instant, it felt like we were old buddies 10 minutes into my warm up. If you are in the KY/TN/WV region I would highly recommend requesting Mike for your fitting. Mike could tell instantly by sound and turf interactions what was working and what wasn't, he then showed me on the monitor the tangible data to support each option.

The fitting tent set up was amazing, seemed like Team Titleist had 100+ shafts and grind configurations to choose from. After hitting more wedges over the course of an hour than I could believe we settled on a combination that was perfect for me. The feel on 3/4 shots was impressive, the ball flight was what I envisioned, and I loved the sound. The same clubs worked really well with various shots around the short game area (bump and run, flop, mid ball flight with check). One other cool touch was they allowed for the clubs to be personalized.

Results
  • 48 degree, Modus 3 Tour 120 shaft, F Grind
  • 54 bent 1 degree strong (53 degree) Modus 3 Tour 120 , F Grind
  • 58 degree, Modus 3 Tour 120 shaft, D Grind

The overall experience was so good, based on this fitting, I plan to add Titleist to the list of irons I am testing prior to purchasing in the next month or so.
Glad we had similar great experiences! Also good to hear the quality of the fitters is similar in different areas of the country as I know that's no always the case.

Back