EXPERIENCE The 2024 Titleist Vokey Experience

It’s really cool when they pair the selector tool with Trackman during the live fitting on grass. It was a neat experience to see it in play hitting different types of shots and then the app and fitter getting recommendations.
Hey ask them for some advice out of fairway bunkers!!!

Looking forward to seeing what wedges you all were fit into. This one should be special. Don’t want to wish anyone bad luck but want to see wedges used frequently.

Nah just trying to improve my game... yours is great
:ROFLMAO: Bunkers will be a hot topic for me, I struggle mightily with them.

Just went back and read the fitting posts. Looking forward to you all thoughts. @Tenputt im really looking forward to your thoughts on the M grind. I’m holding off buying till after event and a possible fitting at home course.

Just went back and read the fitting posts. Looking forward to you all thoughts. @Tenputt im really looking forward to your thoughts on the M grind. I’m holding off buying till after event and a possible fitting at home course.
I will definitely do my best to post some thoughtful information.

You guys are up!

Can't wait to follow my Team Tudor partner, @Trmpt98 this week 🔥

Let’s go guys!!! Can’t wait to see how you take on Ballyhack and have some wedge fun!

I will definitely do my best to post some thoughtful information.
Were you at all surprised by what you were fit into.

Were you at all surprised by what you were fit into.
Not really. I do really well with a C grind and the M grind with the Vokeys are close. I play a 44* pw, with the T150s and usually like to go 48* with my next wedge, so the gap between that 48* and my 58* lob wedge can leave decisions. I have played anything between 52* and 54*. My fitter suggested another M grind, 54* bent one degree strong for gapping full swings. It will be fun to see how that works.

Not really. I do really well with a C grind and the M grind with the Vokeys are close. I play a 44* pw, with the T150s and usually like to go 48* with my next wedge, so the gap between that 48* and my 58* lob wedge can leave decisions. I have played anything between 52* and 54*. My fitter suggested another M grind, 54* bent one degree strong for gapping full swings. It will be fun to see how that works.
Do you typically play the set gap wedge?

Do you typically play the set gap wedge?
I have not had the best of luck with set gap wedges. They seem to want to launch the ball too high with the way I deliver the club and I don’t get the distance out of them that I need for gapping. I don’t have problems hitting specialty wedges on full swings, so I have played them in the gw position.

Okay one quick update for those that have followed along the last few days.
I will be there for the Vokey Experience and will be part of a foursome each day (must have member on course).
But I will not be playing in this event.

Fortunately not a competition, but amazing time with a great company there to help educate and understand the world of wedges.

Okay one quick update for those that have followed along the last few days.
I will be there for the Vokey Experience and will be part of a foursome each day (must have member on course).
But I will not be playing in this event.

Fortunately not a competition, but amazing time with a great company there to help educate and understand the world of wedges.
I was sorry to hear about your situation. Hoping for a speedy recovery for you.

I have been wondering about there would be any kind of competition between the two foursomes. This seems to confirm not.

I was sorry to hear about your situation. Hoping for a speedy recovery for you.

I have been wondering about there would be any kind of competition between the two foursomes. This seems to confirm not.
In theory there still could be, but technically it is 7 THPers, myself and @Canadan from THP and 3 from Titleist.

We're under a week to go and I can't wait!! Reposting my recent fitting review here from another thread. Seems more appropriate...

Had my Vokey fitting last Friday (4/12) for the Vokey Experience in a couple weeks. We'd had quite a bit of rain here the past couple of days, and I knew that we might do most of the fitting off of mats using the Vokey fitting app. That was indeed the case. I met my fitter, Andrew Saupe the regional Titleist fitter, a few minutes before our scheduled time. We did some small talk and he asked about my game, where I play, general getting to know my golf game. He then had me take as much time as I needed to warm up. I did some light stretching and half swings working into full swings eventually. He had me start by hitting my 7 iron. This was for him to get a baseline on my overall swing and ball path.

Then we started with wedges. He had me hit my current gap wedge (48deg). He then had me hit my current 60deg wedge, on older Vokey. That was for gapping purposes. We talked at length about my club options. I'd gone into the fitting expecting to replace my gap wedge along with a 54 and 60, which is my current setup. His recommendation based upon my distances, was to keep my existing 48deg gap, and do a 52, 56 and 60 wedges. We talked about the rest of my bag during this discussion and focused on my 4 iron which I almost never hit. From an overall bag perspective, he thought getting rid of the 4 iron and adding the three wedges would give me more flexibility. Part of this discussion was answering some questions in the fitting app. Think of the online Vokey tool, but taken to a more in-depth level with more granularity. The app works in conjunction with Trackman and uses swing data and your inputs to recommend different wedges. He showed me everything on-screen as he was doing it.

Then we really started hitting the new SM10s. I hit several shots with 8 and 12 deg bounces with the 52 in the F grind (only grind available on a 52). Then we hit several 56deg options in different bounces and grinds and a couple of different shafts. Finally, we hit different combinations in the 60 as well. With the 56 and 60, we also opened up the face for some lob shots. Based on the swing data that Trackman collects and the inputs we completed about my game, the app then recommended the 3 different wedges with a % match to the inputs about my game. The 52 recommendation was clearly the 8 deg bounce and we both agreed that I hit that better than the 12. The other two clubs offered choices that were closer, but still with a preference. At this point, we took the 56 and 60 club options to the chipping green area and did some bunker work. The sand was pretty wet from all the rain, but we still got good results. After the bunker, we did some chipping around the green as well. The bunker and chipping work confirmed what the app had recommended as the best fits for my game.

In the end, I ended up with the nickel finish with 52.08 in F grind, 56.10 in S grind, and 60.10 in S grind all in the standard Vokey wedge flex shaft and all at + 1/2". We talked grip size as well. I ended up getting the equivalent of a midside grip (4 or 6 wraps, I can't remember). The whole process went about 90 minutes we but talked alot, some of which wasn't relevant to the fitting. In the end, I'm very happy with the fitting and use of the app. He was very knowledgeable about Titleist and offered some swing advice, particularly in the bunkers with the wet sand. I'm thinking about irons next year and if Titleist is in the running I'll definitely have Andrew do a fitting.

Since I won a set of Vokey Wedges at the WWG Championship at a Par 3 - Closest to the Pin Challenge, (Thanks @ScoFoBG ) I'll be following closely for tidbits of information.
RAW

In theory there still could be, but technically it is 7 THPers, myself and @Canadan from THP and 3 from Titleist.
That’s right. It’s going to be awesome, regardless of the structure. I am way excited.

We're under a week to go and I can't wait!! Reposting my recent fitting review here from another thread. Seems more appropriate...

Had my Vokey fitting last Friday (4/12) for the Vokey Experience in a couple weeks. We'd had quite a bit of rain here the past couple of days, and I knew that we might do most of the fitting off of mats using the Vokey fitting app. That was indeed the case. I met my fitter, Andrew Saupe the regional Titleist fitter, a few minutes before our scheduled time. We did some small talk and he asked about my game, where I play, general getting to know my golf game. He then had me take as much time as I needed to warm up. I did some light stretching and half swings working into full swings eventually. He had me start by hitting my 7 iron. This was for him to get a baseline on my overall swing and ball path.

Then we started with wedges. He had me hit my current gap wedge (48deg). He then had me hit my current 60deg wedge, on older Vokey. That was for gapping purposes. We talked at length about my club options. I'd gone into the fitting expecting to replace my gap wedge along with a 54 and 60, which is my current setup. His recommendation based upon my distances, was to keep my existing 48deg gap, and do a 52, 56 and 60 wedges. We talked about the rest of my bag during this discussion and focused on my 4 iron which I almost never hit. From an overall bag perspective, he thought getting rid of the 4 iron and adding the three wedges would give me more flexibility. Part of this discussion was answering some questions in the fitting app. Think of the online Vokey tool, but taken to a more in-depth level with more granularity. The app works in conjunction with Trackman and uses swing data and your inputs to recommend different wedges. He showed me everything on-screen as he was doing it.

Then we really started hitting the new SM10s. I hit several shots with 8 and 12 deg bounces with the 52 in the F grind (only grind available on a 52). Then we hit several 56deg options in different bounces and grinds and a couple of different shafts. Finally, we hit different combinations in the 60 as well. With the 56 and 60, we also opened up the face for some lob shots. Based on the swing data that Trackman collects and the inputs we completed about my game, the app then recommended the 3 different wedges with a % match to the inputs about my game. The 52 recommendation was clearly the 8 deg bounce and we both agreed that I hit that better than the 12. The other two clubs offered choices that were closer, but still with a preference. At this point, we took the 56 and 60 club options to the chipping green area and did some bunker work. The sand was pretty wet from all the rain, but we still got good results. After the bunker, we did some chipping around the green as well. The bunker and chipping work confirmed what the app had recommended as the best fits for my game.

In the end, I ended up with the nickel finish with 52.08 in F grind, 56.10 in S grind, and 60.10 in S grind all in the standard Vokey wedge flex shaft and all at + 1/2". We talked grip size as well. I ended up getting the equivalent of a midside grip (4 or 6 wraps, I can't remember). The whole process went about 90 minutes we but talked alot, some of which wasn't relevant to the fitting. In the end, I'm very happy with the fitting and use of the app. He was very knowledgeable about Titleist and offered some swing advice, particularly in the bunkers with the wet sand. I'm thinking about irons next year and if Titleist is in the running I'll definitely have Andrew do a fitting.
Sounds like you had a great experience. It is wonderful that you came away from it not only with the proper wedges, but a different way of setting up your bag.

Just got notice FedEx has delivered to THP HQ! This is going to be an extremely crazy week but it's going to end at Ballyhack with new Vokey wedges, doesn't get much better than that!

Just got notice FedEx has delivered to THP HQ! This is going to be an extremely crazy week but it's going to end at Ballyhack with new Vokey wedges, doesn't get much better than that!
Oh, I think the beginning of next week will be superior than the ending of this week. 😁

Back