LIVE UPDATE THREAD The 2024 Vokey Experience at Ballyhack

Will be following this one closely. I’m ready to order 10s to replace my 8s. 50 08F
54 12D in the 58 spot I’m undecided. Currently have 58 10S I prefer the D grind to the S however. Not sure I want to go to a 14D so considering going with 58 08M
I just put an order in for 50.08F 54.10S 58.08M or something close to that.

Alright @Canadan I expect big things

Ready, excited for the new gear, the Vokey education, and the venue. More than that, after reading through all of the other THP experience threads I am ready to meet some new golf friends. Seems there are some solid friendships made at the experiences that continue after the event.

Ready, excited for the new gear, the Vokey education, and the venue. More than that, after reading through all of the other THP experience threads I am ready to meet some new golf friends. Seems there are some solid friendships made at the experiences that continue after the event.
Yeah buddy that’s what it’s all about. Have a blast man.

You mean, assuming wedges are used for full swings? For sure, there is more than one way to build a bag. I summarized how my fitter approached it. I definitely take full swings with every wedge. Many do not. How would you do it differently?
I agree. I full swing everything in the bag except putter.
;)

I didn't know about the Goat Track, but that's a really cool thing for them to have.

You mean, assuming wedges are used for full swings? For sure, there is more than one way to build a bag. I summarized how my fitter approached it. I definitely take full swings with every wedge. Many do not. How would you do it differently?
Mine was quite different as I don’t full swing any wedges. So it’s based of the versatility of how those wedges are used.

It’s why I love wedge fittings because every one is so much different and shows loft is just one tool.

Excited this is nearly here! This is going to be a ton of fun to follow, and it's always great to see Ballyhack!! I've always been impressed with the Vokey's I've seen, but never played them. Honestly don't know much about them so I look forward to learning more through this.

Mine was quite different as I don’t full swing any wedges. So it’s based of the versatility of how those wedges are used.

It’s why I love wedge fittings because every one is so much different and shows loft is just one tool.
It definitely was fun. I am really looking forward to the additional coming info.

One morning closer to Ballyhack...some participants are flying in tomorrow, some driving in Sunday, but we are officially at the last weekday until Vokey/Ballyhack/THP goodness.

Excited for this one! Should be a good course to see the performance!

Everyone knows about Vokey, but I've actually never owned a set of Vokey wedges.
Looking forward to following along and learning even more about them!

This is going to be an awesome experience! I’ve played Vokey wedges forever, but have never done an outside fitting. Indoor wedge fittings don’t tell you anything about turf interaction. This opportunity should be game changing! Enjoy!!

Everyone knows about Vokey, but I've actually never owned a set of Vokey wedges.

That's exactly the boat I'm in. This will be my first set of Vokeys. I had a old 60 degree off a used rack once upon a time, but never fresh ones that matched (and never ANY fitted wedges).

Very excited to put them into play and see the difference they can make.

I recall my wedge fitting from the last vokey experience and it was super cool. I don't take full swings, but I get very creative. We settled on the M and D grinds for the versatility and wide array of shot types. Glad you all are having good fittings.
I saw you get very creative out of the sand at Torrey Pines. 😁. I still fondly remember that really great THP experience and post-experience round together.

I saw you get very creative out of the sand at Torrey Pines. 😁. I still fondly remember that really great THP experience and post-experience round together.
That was not my best week of playing but certainly my best week for being a human, thanks to you!

That's exactly the boat I'm in. This will be my first set of Vokeys. I had a old 60 degree off a used rack once upon a time, but never fresh ones that matched (and never ANY fitted wedges).

Very excited to put them into play and see the difference they can make.
I haven’t played Vokeys for years. I am super excited to get three of them in my bag. I am so committed to my Titleist irons and it will be fun to play Titleist product all the way through that part of the bag.

Catching up to see the final day(s) before the event starts. I'm very excited for you all to share what you're learning with us on the forum.

That was not my best week of playing but certainly my best week for being a human, thanks to you!
We need to do it again somewhere before I get too old to play.

Last edited:
Same here. Super excited to get them into play. I have buddies who have always played them but me not knowing much about wedges I always played what was "forgiving" and off the rack so to speak.

Catching up to see the final day(s) before the event starts. I'm very excited for you all to share what you're learning with us on the forum.
Thanks @Daluteh for the hole by hole preview posts, they have been great to look through.

Ask two questions for me please...

With how popular full face wedges are becoming, has Titleist maybe reconsidered doing a full face option?

Will they ever come out with a "forgiving" wedge? Like Cleveland CBX or Callaway CB.
Bumping these questions as it’s what I’m wondering as well.

Super excited to follow along and for all the knowledge that will be dropped.

Bumping these questions as it’s what I’m wondering as well.

Super excited to follow along and for all the knowledge that will be dropped.
I've got a list going.

Back