The 60 and over Thread

I think it was the day before New Years when I put enough backspin on a 9 iron to spin it off the front of the green for the very first time.

Yesterday, 6124 yard course. Started out triple, par.(3) triple. Triple, double. Yep. 11 over for 5 holes. Could not hit the ball at all if I needed a backswing higher than my waist. The par was a little par 3 playing 103. All of a sudden the med I took on 3 started kicking in. Ended up with an 88. I wasn't hitting anything particularly hard, but they were going pretty much where I wanted and that's all that matters.

As of March 8, I can join this discussion thread.

Sadly, I got nothin'.

Cold again this morning! When is the cold ever going to end? Tee shirt, thermal shirt, heavy 1/4 zip, heated vest, oversize jacket, and I was still cold. I did manage to play the last 6 holes 1-under to shoot my age (76) for the umpteenth time. It is going to be even colder tomorrow, temps in the upper 30s but "feels like" below freezing. We have already cancelled our tee time.

Cold again this morning! When is the cold ever going to end? Tee shirt, thermal shirt, heavy 1/4 zip, heated vest, oversize jacket, and I was still cold. I did manage to play the last 6 holes 1-under to shoot my age (76) for the umpteenth time. It is going to be even colder tomorrow, temps in the upper 30s but "feels like" below freezing. We have already cancelled our tee time.
Great round Phil. It’s not easy to play well when bundled up like that in the cold weather. (he said sitting by the pool in 74* sunshine)

Great score! I admire you for getting out. There is no way I could swing with that many layers on.

I'm with you. I'm ready for the cold to F all the way off.

Sadly, I got nothin'.
Sure you do. Lots of things to discuss here. In any event, welome officially to the thread.

I was out this afternoon., Temps in the mid 30's. Winds 14 gusting to 28. After 9 holes I had to quit, my back was just not liking it.

I was out this afternoon., Temps in the mid 30's. Winds 14 gusting to 28. After 9 holes I had to quit, my back was just not liking it.
We got quite a bit of snow up here yesterday and last night. Still seeing flurries out there. We didn't anticipate it sticking or even building up so the wife and I didn't put the vehicles away. Ended up scraping snow and ice this morning. These last snowy days of March always catch me off guard - even though it's this way every single year.

This week will be a bust through the weekend as far as any of the courses opening up. Hopefully, next week.

We got quite a bit of snow up here yesterday and last night. Still seeing flurries out there. We didn't anticipate it sticking or even building up so the wife and I didn't put the vehicles away. Ended up scraping snow and ice this morning. These last snowy days of March always catch me off guard - even though it's this way every single year.

This week will be a bust through the weekend as far as any of the courses opening up. Hopefully, next week.
You must have a wishful, selective memory....its not even spring for a couple more days. ;) You guys up there will have at least another foot before the 2nd week of April. It may fall and melt repeatedly, but you still have snow coming. Especially with spring winds coming and no ice to melt on that big pond to your west. Perfect setup for a nice lake effect blizzard.

Last edited:
Well got home from dermatologist, everything is good. Have about 1/2 dollar size hole in my skin, which was stitched up. Thanks for all the wishes and support.

Sadly, I got nothin'.
Welcome to the thread and happy belated birthday.

Well got home from dermatologist, everything is good. Have about 1/2 dollar size hole in my skin, which was stitched up. Thanks for all the wishes and support.
We’re all happy to hear this. You’re just gonna have to put your modeling career on hold until everything heals up.

You and @Phil75070 are both nuts!
(take it easy with that back big boy.)

Well after 7 weeks of staying off my feet as much as possible - and not playing any golf - my knee is feeling quite a bit better. When I first get up in the morning or after sitting a while in my recliner, the knee is stiff and sore. But after just a few steps (with the cane) it feels quite a bit better and more mobile.

I don’t see the doc again until April 12, but with the way I’m improving I figured I’d take the chance and sign up for our club’s 9 hole Wednesday night men’s league which starts April 3.

I used to play in that type of weather all the time, but when I turned 67 I kinda lost interest in doing so anymore. e.g., all the layers, frozen greens, not able to put a tee in the ground, and goose crap.

I can't stand the geese, both in our neighborhood, and on the golf course.

Are those things still protected? Their numbers are huge, and growing every year. Heck, they don't even fly south for the winter anymore.

I can't stand them. :mad:

First day of Spring. Let's talk about snow and cold weather. Because that's what's in the forecast for the rest of the week here.

I had a nice 81 yesterday with 3 birdies.
Unfortunately there was an 8 (quad) and a double on the card..... Oh, what could have been.
Proud of myself for not completely blowing up after the snowman early in the round (#5), birdied the next hole.

79s yesterday, 29 over night, 59 this morning and 71 tomorrow.

Back