The Aviation Nerd Thread

Hawk

Master Painter
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
As I sit here posting, I've got a live feed from LHR on YouTube playing in the background. Certified nerd. Anyway, use this thread to talk aviation, post cool videos, or whatever.

A video I saw a few weeks back that was really interesting to me. I love this channel by the way.

• Staff
Another channel I love. Citation pilot that makes some great content.

As I sit here posting, I've got a live feed from LHR on YouTube playing in the background. Certified nerd. Anyway, use this thread to talk aviation, post cool videos, or whatever.

A video I saw a few weeks back that was really interesting to me. I love this channel by the way.

LHR is a good one to have on feed as the winds can make for some interesting landings, especially on runway 27L/R.

I'll have to give you a heads-up next week when I'll be on the feed. You can see if it goes well or to **** 😂

• Staff
LHR is a good one to have on feed as the winds can make for some interesting landings, especially on runway 27L/R.
It is!

Just showing departures at the moment. It's a great airport for seeing a bunch of different planes too. Just watched an SAS Airbus slow roll down the runway and turn off on the taxiway.

• Staff
I'll have to give you a heads-up next week when I'll be on the feed. You can see if it goes well or to **** 😂
Please do!

We usually get to the airport early when we are heading back home from a trip. I like to spend some time watching the planes landing before we return the rental car. You get a good idea just how much bigger and powerfull the big boys are.

• Staff
We usually get to the airport early when we are heading back home from a trip. I like to spend some time watching the planes landing before we return the rental car. You get a good idea just how much bigger and powerfull the big boys are.
Nothing annoys me more than not having a clear view of the runways from the terminal.

I got a small treat in August when I took a 787 from ORD to IAD on my way to Ballyhack. Not too many domestic routes in wide body planes these days.

Nothing annoys me more than not having a clear view of the runways from the terminal.

I got a small treat in August when I took a 787 from ORD to IAD on my way to Ballyhack. Not too many domestic routes in wide body planes these days.
There are a couple good vids about the commercial flight that happens to fly right over the North Pole. It’s a really cool video, I just wish it wasn’t cloudy over it so you could see the ground.

There are a couple good vids about the commercial flight that happens to fly right over the North Pole. It’s a really cool video, I just wish it wasn’t cloudy over it so you could see the ground.
My luck, some turd would have the window shade closed.

It is!

Just showing departures at the moment. It's a great airport for seeing a bunch of different planes too. Just watched an SAS Airbus slow roll down the runway and turn off on the taxiway.
Which stream are you watching?

Our company gives a certificate to people flying over the North Pole 😄 Some of our Japan and China flights go that way now that we don't fly over a certain country to the East of us.

Which stream are you watching?
Aviation Hunters. They are doing 27R departures, but it sounds like they’ll switch to arrivals shortly.

Aviation Hunters. They are doing 27R departures, but it sounds like they’ll switch to arrivals shortly.

LHR usually changes the runways used for takeoff and landing at 1500 UTC. So if 27R is used for takeoffs now, it'll be landings after 1500. They do that switch a couple of times per day.

LHR usually changes the runways used for takeoff and landing at 1500 UTC. So if 27R is used for takeoffs now, it'll be landings after 1500. They do that switch a couple of times per day.
Interesting. I wonder why?

Our company gives a certificate to people flying over the North Pole 😄 Some of our Japan and China flights go that way now that we don't fly over a certain country to the East of us.
Yup, I’ve seen the certificates being given to people who didn’t give a damn about it. Idiots.

Yup, I’ve seen the certificates being given to people who didn’t give a damn about it. Idiots.
It's a shame when people don't appreciate things.

That’s why you take the window, basically always.
I definitely try to. I went through an aisle seat phase, but the window person kept giving me weird looks since I basically stared past them the whole time.

LA Flights (YouTube) was fun to watch this week: it’s rare to see aircraft at LAX have to deal with nasty weather.

It's a shame when people don't appreciate things.
It really is. Even worse when people don’t let you appreciate it, aka you have the window seat and you want to see outside but someone wants to complain and whine the entire time

I definitely try to. I went through an aisle seat phase, but the window person kept giving me weird looks since I basically stared past them the whole time.
I never take the aisle seat.. because I know what I want to do to people as I walk by them, and if I have that thought? Someone else probably does too. I’m not catching that breeze.

It really is. Even worse when people don’t let you appreciate it, aka you have the window seat and you want to see outside but someone wants to complain and whine the entire time
Maybe not surprising, but I actually quite hate traveling on planes as a passanger. Exactly because of that. And the fact that people nowadays seem to have lost all common sense and basic manners 😄

Back