The Aviation Nerd Thread

Maybe not surprising, but I actually quite hate traveling on planes as a passanger. Exactly because of that. And the fact that people nowadays seem to have lost all common sense and basic manners 😄
Accurate, and frustrating. Why would you take your shoes off, outside of feeling something in your shoe and you take a second to check it out?

Who the hell clips their nails on a plane? Gross ass people man 🙄

Accurate, and frustrating. Why would you take your shoes off, outside of feeling something in your shoe and you take a second to check it out?

Who the hell clips their nails on a plane? Gross ass people man 🙄
That is gross. And so is having your smelly socks or bare feet stinking up and down the plane.

That’s why you take the window, basically always.
All 4 of my flights coming up are window seat, none selected by me. I got rather lucky and I’m happy with it.

Not a nerd but Wellington Airport can have some fun landings with the wind, same as some of the pilots filming landing at Queenstown.

Interesting. I wonder why?
Noise abatement. Runway switch is at 3pm daily unless they are landing on the 09’s.
Did 20 years at LHR, 8 of them on the airfield in airfield operations. There was a service road at the end of the runways. Used to love sitting there on windy days and have the aircraft pass overhead. You could really see them crabbing into the wind before kicking the aircraft straight at the last second. Now in charge of the ops department at Monterey Regional, so you could say I’m a bit of an avgeek.

All 4 of my flights coming up are window seat, none selected by me. I got rather lucky and I’m happy with it.
I always go after the window. Only one person next to me, but I can prop up in the corner. Way happier about this

Noise abatement. Runway switch is at 3pm daily unless they are landing on the 09’s.
Did 20 years at LHR, 8 of them on the airfield in airfield operations. There was a service road at the end of the runways. Used to love sitting there on windy days and have the aircraft pass overhead. You could really see them crabbing into the wind before kicking the aircraft straight at the last second. Now in charge of the ops department at Monterey Regional, so you could say I’m a bit of an avgeek.
Never was that bothered to find out 😄 But yeah, makes sense. It's not clearly stated as the reason in the AOI if I recall correctly. Have to check tomorrow.

The approach to 27R is one of my favourite ones, passing overhead the city.

I just spotted a certain Morgan Cup participant flying his airplane out of LHR.

Back