The Axius Core Review

Workout 4 in the books! Getting more and more comfortable, but still struggling on some form and technique issues. I remembered the below post and now fully understand why it might take that long.

I felt the same way man … and it took me a while to really nail the movements and get the timing right. Like I think it was week 5 when it all really clicked. So don’t let it get you down and like you said you will improve with each workout. 💪💪💪

Today was the first day since starting the program that I didn't feel like working out.

I did it, it was tough but strangely enjoyable. That's weird. I'm glad I did it.

I think it may be the device itself. It's very versatile and I was introduced to a couple of new challenging exercises today. Feedback should be interesting in this one. Will post it when it comes in.
Way to get it done today!!

Today was the first day since starting the program that I didn't feel like working out.

I did it, it was tough but strangely enjoyable. That's weird. I'm glad I did it.

I think it may be the device itself. It's very versatile and I was introduced to a couple of new challenging exercises today. Feedback should be interesting in this one. Will post it when it comes in.

not sure whether it’s the feedback, the score, the device, the exercise selection or a combo but it really is rewarding.

Way to show up on a tougher day! That’s not easy!

Those days are always tough. Good job pushing through and doing it!! Proud of you. Keep it up!!

I plan on going back through the thread the next few days and answering some questions I missed to further describe my experience.
I’m headed to the hospital for a procedure this morning that will knock me out of commission for several day (hopefully not longer). I let Coach Jackie know, so will be using this time to write more in place of working out.

I plan on going back through the thread the next few days and answering some questions I missed to further describe my experience.
I’m headed to the hospital for a procedure this morning that will knock me out of commission for several day (hopefully not longer). I let Coach Jackie know, so will be using this time to write more in place of working out.
Good luck on your procedure today! Praying for you!

Pay the man
7323638D-E12F-4F2B-A52D-36E27F092AC3.jpeg

On a serious note though, this was probably my toughest workout to date. Again around the 30 minute mark.

I love the exercise progressions / levels
For instance, the side bend exercise I have done a few times before today. You are in a quadruped position (called prime)

Well, today, I had side bend in the slope position (hips in front of knees, body in a slope line like at start of push-up before knees off ground).
It was tough but felt great afterwards

The progressions / regressions are necessary as you get stronger/ master form but also keep the workouts fresh.

balance board1.jpg
It's cool to see so many using this. I don't do this specifically, but have used a balance board for years to help with core and balance, as well as isolate my lower half from upper for playing goalie (think juggling on the balance board).

If you want to try it before you buy it, making a balance board with PVC and a board isn't expensive.

How is everybody feeling today?
How about a brief summary on how its working so far?

Very good.
Had a couple of missteps in my last workout on a couple of movements. I was positioned in such a way that that particular exercise worked my shoulders instead of my core - but that was my fault for skipping a step.

This is where the audio feedback over my video helps a ton. I didn't realize it at the time, but now I know what I was doing wrong. This is SO valuabe.

I am doing my last workout of the second week today.

Overall, I feel pretty good. As I move through my day, I can feel these muscle groups more. Not in a bad or sore way, but I can feel that I have been working them.

I will post the results of week 2 later on today.

Feeling good. A little sore in my top of my forearms today (brachioradialis). I think it is from finally corkscrewing my arms properly, which is important to activate the upper body and engage the lats.

Tomorrow will be my last workout of week 2.

I feel stronger. I notice I am not getting as tired when golfing, so it seems I am building good muscular endurance. It also seems like I have more in the tank speed-wise. I had a 92 mph PW swing yesterday, which ties my previous PR. I think I am developing better mind-body connection, which makes sense...all this work is building connection between upper and lower half. In turn, it seems to be helping be more balanced throughout the swing, which was a major goal of mine to help promote more repeatable ball contact.

Feeling good. A little sore in my top of my forearms today (brachioradialis). I think it is from finally corkscrewing my arms properly, which is important to activate the upper body and engage the lats.

Tomorrow will be my last workout of week 2.

I feel stronger. I notice I am not getting as tired when golfing, so it seems I am building good muscular endurance. It also seems like I have more in the tank speed-wise. I had a 92 mph PW swing yesterday, which ties my previous PR. I think I am developing better mind-body connection, which makes sense...all this work is building connection between upper and lower half. In turn, it seems to be helping be more balanced throughout the swing, which was a major goal of mine to help promote more repeatable ball contact.
That is some serious PW speed, glad the program is going well so far for you!

Sounds like everyone is getting into the groove. I still can’t get over how great the feedback is from the coach. That insight alone is worth the money.

I appreciate all of you responding to my question the other day. I’m looking forward to seeing how everyone’s endurance progresses.

Gearing up for workout 5 soon!

At this point I think we can all agree on at least 3 things:

1. The feedback is absolute gold.
2. The 30 minutes workouts keep us engaged while also providing a challenge as we can feel it in our muscles throughout the day.
3. It will ultimately improve our health.

I also LOVE the fact that Axius is seeking out ways to improve. I noticed I was getting sore in places that weren't normal for me. When I reached out to Jackie about this, she sent me links to some of her YouTube stretching videos. She advised that if there is enough feedback and interest, the stretching videos could possibly be incorporated into our custom workouts. Axius also seems very interested in our feedback here. The fact that they aren't just stagnant, rather actively trying to make things better for the user is very exciting.

Well my finger is healing up nicely. Hoping to start back up on Monday.

One thing to share … I’ve learned to accept having overall yellow score for a workout because it means I am really being challenged. I was obsessed with seeing all green across the top but have learned / taken the view that that means I’m not really being challenged as much. Just food for thought for those going through it.

I did my assessment yesterday with Jackie. To say I have a lot of work to do is an understatement…lol She patiently explained how my overall physical condition translates to my numerous swing issues, and it all made perfect sense. We went over the assessment, and discussed our plan of attack for the next six weeks: core work will be the main component of my plan. It all begins on Sunday!!

8C7D0096-DB40-413F-88B9-E4CE494A46B5.jpegToday was the toughest workout I've had to date.
I feel like I have been progressing through the levels decently, but today was kind of a disaster.

A couple of the movements were too much for me. It wasn't pretty.

- elevated hip drive - I'm not sure I'm strong enough to do this one yet.

- seated extension - is very awkward. I have a rather large belly and it seems to get in the way.

So after completing week 2 with today's workout, I'm dealing with a little imposter syndrome and slightly discouraged.

I'll wait for the feedback and move forward with week 3 starting Saturday.
1EEA5EF1-5779-4AC2-9769-F2882157F787.png
C30EF72B-5078-4EB7-90E0-34EAFFB62E27.png

It's tough

View attachment 9111675Today was the toughest workout I've had to date.
I feel like I have been progressing through the levels decently, but today was kind of a disaster.

A couple of the movements were too much for me. It wasn't pretty.

- elevated hip drive - I'm not sure I'm strong enough to do this one yet.

- seated extension - is very awkward. I have a rather large belly and it seems to get in the way.

So after completing week 2 with today's workout, I'm dealing with a little imposter syndrome and slightly discouraged.

I'll wait for the feedback and move forward with week 3 starting Saturday.
View attachment 9111672
View attachment 9111673

It's tough

No reason to be discouraged. You just finished week 2. 4 more weeks to go. You’ll eat today’s workout for breakfast by the end of it. That’s my view of it anyways…

I was really challenged by one of the supersets yesterday. But that means there is progress to be made 🔥💪

Back