Bud Light, and Red Hook Blonde

I'm a Coors light guy, but I did have my first Black and Tan the other day and enjoyed it a lot.

I am a big Sam Adams fan, the Boston Lager and the Winter Lager are personal favorites.

Great Lakes Brewery, based out of Cleveland here, makes some great ones also, the Edmund Fitzgerald and Elliot Ness being my favorite two. Their Christmas Ale is pretty awesome also.

I will definitely second that with Great Lakes Brewery. My favorites are Commodore Perry and Dortmunder Gold... Christmas Ale, while very tasty, does very bad things to you....its a personality changer, no doubt. I have actually been banned from imbibing it by my girlfriend.

I was in TC's neck of the woods today. I picked up a case of Svyturys Ekstra and wet my whistle at 3 of the microbreweries in downtown Asheville. Great town for beer!

Bud Select, Sam Adams Lite and Labatts Blue for me. I don't really enjoy the heavier thick stuff. I'm not usually a fan of the typical American beer, but Bud Select is really smooth without the crappy aftertaste that American beers usually have.

i was making fun of the typo(he typed beer out of a "car". )

also, cans give off an aluminum flavour.

As someone who worked in a brewery for some time, I can promise that cans don't give off a flavor. That's mostly in peoples heads, possibly excluding some of the larger commercial breweries. Great Lakes Brewery, Half Acre, Belhaven, Guinness, Murphy's, many other microbreweries, and high quality foreign imports use cans. The way the beer world is trending, I'd expect to see even more cans in the next few years. Cans actually have an interior lining that protects the flavor of the beer, as well as providing excellent light protection, better than bottles.

What I'm drinking:
Spaten Premium is a crisp, refreshing lager.
The Oyster Stout from the Porterhouse Brewing Company in Ireland is really interesting. It's actually brewed with oysters in the tanks.

I enjoy Fat tire by New Belgium, made in Colorado. It's a delicious full flavor amber ale and it is on tap at my favorite golf course, Paiute in Las Vegas! Another beer I really like is Spitfire (UK) but it a bit hard to find in the US. For the summer, we have great Hefeweisen here in Utah, tasty and 3.2, like Golden Spike from Uinta brewery.

Fat tire is very good.

This weekend is gonna be the Kona Longboard

One of the best IPA's is Tricerhops by Ninkasi. Around 9 percent but handles it really well. If you love sticky resiny hop flavor this is for you.

One of the best IPA's is Tricerhops by Ninkasi. Around 9 percent but handles it really well. If you love sticky resiny hop flavor this is for you.

Helo: Do you happen to know what type of hops they are using for this IPA?

No I don't know offhand. They are an Oregon brew if I'm not mistaken, don't know if that helps or not.
Helo: Do you happen to know what type of hops they are using for this IPA?

No I don't know offhand. They are an Oregon brew if I'm not mistaken, don't know if that helps or not.

Yeah, that helps. Likely cascade. I think I may have tried it, but not sure. I will give it a go next tine I see it.

depends on the mood. Yuengling, Sam Adams (winter Lager, lately), or Saranac Black Forest

Leinenkugel (b/c it's from green bay), Killian's, Franziskaner, and Yuengling aka "give me a lager, please" in my neck of the woods (since i'm a PA man)

I love checking out spring beers this time of year!

Was at a local sourced restaurant on Friday night. Had spiced olives, duck fat fries, bone marrow and chicken. I paired it all with a goose island mitalda.

Last night we went for sushi. I enjoyed it with a few sapporos.

I had some Kirin Ichiban on tap this weekend, very tasty! Went quite well with the sushi.

I'll tell you what, should anyone ever make the unfortunate choice of over-indulging in the previously mentioned beverage, Granville Island does not lead to any unfortunate after-effects in the morning... Or so I may or may not have found out via third party or first hand information Sunday morning.

I have a fermenter of homeade Honey Hefe in my basement just waiting for Spring to roll around.

New Glarus Spotted Cow
Rolling Rock
Peroni

I think I'm going to try brewing my own this summer too

Back