The best shot of the round

9 iron from 130 dead into the wind to 6 feet to set up a birdie.

Today we'll go with a recovery shot. I found myself 140 yards out on the wrong side of the treeline left of the fairway. There was an opening, but it required staying under the tree limbs. 7-iron back in my stance I hit a knockdown that stopped 6 feet short of the pin.

2 to chose from today as they both resultied in eagles. First was holing a 40 yard pitch shot for 2 on a par 4 and 2nd was a 5 wood from 210 to a foot and a half to set up a tap in eagle on a par 5.

Got so close to pitching in for eagle. Was 25 yards short of the green and hit a flop 60 degree pitch shot. Ball landed and rolled and lipped out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hit a touch 60° wedge from 20 yards on an upslope to a foot for a birdie putt which I made

After pulling my tee shot on a par 3 left of the green I was left with 20 yards over a bunker and a downhill fast fast green. I hit a very high flop shot with my 60 wedge. It went around 25 feet high and stove piped straight into the hole for a birdie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nemesis hole.

Par 3, 200 yards, uphill, over a ravine with trees left and right.

Hit my tee shot and ended up 40 yards short, on the short side of the green, which is still 15'+ higher than where I sat, and have to carry a bunker.

Took out my new Jaws. Visualized where I needed to land the ball and just swung.

My partners are up and around the green, which I cannot see.

I saw the ball disappear on the line where I intended to hit it.

I Hear "great shot!"

then "OMG"

then "go in, go in, go in!"

I landed it almost exactly where I wanted, which resulted in the ball just missing the cup on the release, but there is a backstop, which sends the ball back to the hole, and on the way back the ball almost went in the cup again. Tap in 3" par. Normally on that hole I am happy with a 4.

Also won me a net skin for $20.

So I'm lovin it.

Not my best shot, but my wife's yesterday in a couples' scramble we played in.
She drained a 35 foot birdie that was good for a skin that was worth $120.
She then drained a 15 footer for another skin worth $120.
Mrs. Drumdog was on fire with the putter yesterday !

135 yard pitching wedge to a little less than 2 feet. It backed up over the edge. I thought it was going in. I made the putt.

My best shot of the round over the weekend was a little, 25 yard pitch, after missing a green on a par 3. I hit the shot the way I wanted and it broke as I thought and rolled 5 feet into the cup for a birdie.

A hole in one. 110yd par 3 at a par 57 executive. Hit the center of the green, trickled down a slope toward the pin. I told my brother that was close, I figured I had a tap in bird. We had such a great time laughing and carrying on, my brother forgot to play his ball, we just walked off and left it.

Yesterday in my club's Octoberfest tournament I had one shot I thought was going in. 130yds from the middle of the fairway, I hit my 50* wedge right on line. I mean it never left the flag. When we got up there, I had about 18' for birdie below the hole. I thought for sure it was closer than that. It was for a second. About 4" in front of the hole was my divot. The greens are crazy soft right now and it left a pretty deep divot. I don't know for sure if it bounced up and hit the stick, or just spun back right out of it's crater. Either way, it left an easy read on the putt as the ball was still straight in line between the flag and the spot I hit the shot from. Drained the 18 footer for birdie.

Chip in for birdie on a tough par 3.

Greenside bunker shot to 1 foot on hole #5.

20191018_103653.jpg

215 yd 4-iron from there into the wind to 12 feet. One of only two bad putts on the day, but I'll take par from there every time.

I had a pair of drives worth talking about and a pair with the 7i worth mentioning.

I dropkicked a drive, downwind, 335y! This is a longish par 5 that gives me fits sometimes. I hit driver, 5i to greenside, pitched up, and hit the birdie putt!

The other drive was a 295y drive that I put precisely online where I wanted it, carried the tree at about 245 from the tee and placed it about as good as I can expect in the fairway. Hit a 5i just short of the green again and made par that time.

The first 7i was the next hole, I yanked a 3wd left and had about 165y to the back/center pin. I flushed a 7i that was sitting up in the rough and knocked it pin high right. Made par.

The last 7i was 3 holes later. Left a 5wd out right on a short, dogleg left par 4. Had about 160y to the flag. Hit the green, but left the ball about 30' away. No matter, I suck the putt anyway for good measure.

All in all, I'm gonna call the 295y drive the shot of the day. I know the 335 was longer, but I had to have gotten some help there and the other was just perfectly executed.

Two best shots, both were second shots on par 5’s, made eagles. Two birdies and two eagles today, five over in the last five to shoot three over

c4d2b49fe2a405627eacf0171fa3e089.jpg
3854445cdf904591e98977ad601744f8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hole 1 today. From about 130 yards. Easy 9 iron, to about 2’ behind the pin. Dropped the putt for birdie. Love starting off strong.

Had 195-200 approach shot on a par 5. Hit a nice 5 iron and ended up on the green with a 25 foot putt.

633DFA33-A9BD-444C-9E38-5E76D338EB09.png
1st hole of the day at 7am. No real warm up, just some stretching and practice swings. Bombed a drive, this is LONG for me, that set up my approach shot perfectly. This wasn’t an “amazing” shot itself.... but it set up the whole day. I was filled with so much confidence after this drive I made par on the first 3 holes. Had the best 9 I’ve ever had and this drive set it all up. Finished the 9 +5. I was on fire today!

I found my ball in an area way below the green and 40 yards away. Factored in the elevation change and put the ball directly online and 3 feet from the cup. Made the putt for an improbable up and down.

Back