The best shot of the round

Okay, I'm going to cheat. Today the best shot of the round was a type of shot as opposed to a specific shot. With driver today I hit every fairway. Every shot was high, long, and straight. My buddies started commenting on it at the 6th tee.:D

Saturday - 175yds to the middle of the 17th green, ball sitting in the rough and I hit 6i and stuck it to about 4ft and made the birdie putt

Sunday - approx. 100yds to the pin on the 6th green, ball sitting on an uphill lie and I put my 50 degree wedge to tap-in birdie range

165y 7i from a downhill lie in the rough to 8 feet

294 yd drive, directly into the sun, to leave ~45 yds to the green. I could not see where it went when I hit it, just knew it wasn't off the heel or toe, so I thought it might turn out alright.

58 degree wedge off a hardpan lie from 89 yards to 6 feet of a pin tucked right behind a bunker.

An angry 274 yd drive on the 9th, for the only fairway hit in the round. Not pleased with my driving efforts lately.

184 yard par 3 with a 4 hybrid. Long and left by about 10 yards. Chipped in for birdie.

Played 9 this evening. I got the lower body moving in sequence, so I was pounding the ball. At least for me. My best shot has to be a drive. We'll pick the drive off the 1st tee. There are two trees in the middle of the fairway, a bunker left and tree line on the right. The bunker and trees are purposely put about 230-240 yards out so they are in play for most. I blasted past them all, leaving only 220 yards to the hole on this par 5.

Couple of good shots last round (Wednesday).

I hit a 130ish yard 9i to an elevated green. Flew the ball dead over the pin to ~15'. Barely missed the birdie putt.

I hit a 30ish foot putt for birdie after a decent drive and two not so great shots to get to the green.

I hit a 94ish yard SW out of the rough, over a bunker, to about 10'. Burned the edge for birdie. Made par.

I hit a 203ish yard 5wd, to an elevated green and into a decent wind, after a LH penalty and a punch out on a par 5 to give me a shot at par. Had a 30'+ putt with about 3' of break in the last 6' of the line. Just barely missed it and settled for bogey.

They all felt good, but I'll give the nod to the longish putt since I made birdie and had no idea that was actually gonna go in.

Nothing really outstanding, just a lot of quality shots. I have been making progress on hitting 30-60 yard shots closer to the hole. So, we'll go with a 60-yard pitch shot to 6 feet on a pin tucked way back and sitting on a sidehill.

Driver off the deck on a par 5, three times, and a one putt for birdie....with driver.

Whooped my HS boys asses on that DOD challenge they laid down.:devilish:

I finally birdied one of my nemesis holes. #10 - 229 yd par 3 with a small, elevated, heavily sloped green.

Beautiful 3H off the tee to 18".

Tapped it in, gave the hole the finger.

Best shot of yesterday's round was a little punched 5i. Par 3 185 yards. 40F into a 20mph wind. Hit the ball front middle of the green. I could have hit so many other clubs and shots. What made this one a "best" shot of round for me is that it represented my "maturing" game management. I was cold and didn't want to take a big swing. I wanted to hit a straight low trajectory shot where a miss would at least keep me safe from OB, water, etc.

Hit 2 drives that were the longest I had ever hit on those holes in 10 years playing the course. Neither were wind aided and both were in the fairway.

8 iron from 169 to 2 feet. Had a sweet tight draw right fall towards the pin. Tap in birdie

I struggled for a long time today to turn it on but it turned around when when I flushed a 5-iron on a long par four. Maybe ten feet left for birdie

Hit 2 drives that were the longest I had ever hit on those holes in 10 years playing the course. Neither were wind aided and both were in the fairway.
Hope you remember what you did to gain the added distance. That's a day you want to repeat!

I drove a par 4 green for the first time ever.

The hole is a short dog leg right to a blind hole that I normally cut the corner on, leaving me with a 20 - 50 yard pitch. On this shot, the ball took a line a bit more right (and toward the green) but didn't fade. Even though it was solid contact, the ball must have hit a sprinkler head or something because I don't hit 267 yard drives... ever.

Of course I 3-putted for par, but it was still a bright spot on an otherwise crappy round.

Best shot I had yesterday was probably the scrambling wedge I hit on #1 to about 12 ft over a tree to the green. Got a little offline with the opening tee shot but saved the birdie attempt. Ended up missing just on the right side of the hole, but at least gave myself a shot.

130 yds into a breeze 9 iron from the right rough hole out for the eagle. Never left the pin.

Had a bunker lie up against the lip, but had some green to work with so I went after it. Chopped down on it like I was splitting wood, popped it straight up and rolled it to 2 inches for a par (net birdie) and a point in our match.

Split the fairway with a 227 yd 3/4 hybrid off the 10th tee. I have made a mess of this shot lately with 3/4 fwy, so I clubbed down today.

Par 3 over water playing about 185 yds. I stuffed a 7i to 2 1/2’ for a tap in bird.

Best shot of the horrific round yesterday was actually a good shot. I hit a SW from ~95y to like 4'. This followed a drive of about 290y and set up an easy birdie putt... that I proceeded to miss, but I wouldn't expect anything else yesterday. I think I hit like 4 shots the way I wanted to yesterday. It was awful.

Back