The best shot of the round

We are about the same hcp. I spent 5 years working on slice minimise/ eradicate. With more over accentuated stance , l gradually tempered back to more orthodox now and did some minor lead tape work on sole. Get them occasionally but dont have the talent to repeat draws with control and adjustment of curve. Just asking glad your landing them ong way down makes the game easy when they go where you wish 😏🏌🏼

Sunk a downhill 25-30 footer with about 6 foot of break. Not only best putt of round but maybe best ever.

I’m going with this testy little downhill chip. I played a closed 48° back in my stance and aimed for one bounce in the rough. Hit my spot and made the par putt coming back.
A351E2DE-C272-4919-A1F3-0B6FD15EFA5D.jpeg617B15F5-ADCF-43DA-8CEE-22AAC091B619.jpeg

20210411_132629.jpg

Wife was bugging me to hole one, and I came close from 86 and 109. Gave it a ride on the last hole of the day from 170y to 8" and a tap in birdie. Kinda figured out the changing winds on this hole lately.

Last edited:
The back nine is turning out to be a little better than the front nine

After a failed punch shot we approached with this

16181793507622321953653669011741.jpg

50° wedge from 97 yards to 3 feet. Made birdie.

20210414_144709.jpg

Drive up the right on a long par 4, then this Apex MB 9i 155y to 1'.

Yesterday I got out for 18 and it was a beautiful sunny day in the mid-60s. BSOTR was a short-sided 90 foot chip that stopped after the first bounce 18 inches from the cup for an easy to complete up and down.

This one? I don't know. I had a bunch of them close today, and holed a chip. Was really trying to work the Zipcores approaches today and this one nearly went in. Easy birdie.

This one? I don't know. I had a bunch of them close today, and holed a chip. Was really trying to work the Zipcores approaches today and this one nearly went in. Easy birdie.

I see you don't get distracted either.

I see you don't get distracted either.
By the sirens? I lived in NYC for years. As long as no one's dying it's just background music. Lol

Today's BSOTR happened after I pulled my tee shot right creating a tree problem. I was 122 yards out to a pin front and center and had to keep it under the tree limbs in front of me. Hit a partial punch shot with a 7-iron back in my stance. I kept it under the tree limbs, landed in the rough just short and right, which bounced on and rolled out a foot from the cup for a kick in birdie. Don't you love it when one good shot turns around a hole?

Best shot of the round? 9th hole. I was screwing around on my final approach shot after chunking my pitch shot. I was on the fairway about 30 yds out. I decided to hit a flop shot and stuck it 9 feet from the hole. 56 degree wedge. Opened about 45 degrees and just popped it up. I practice this shot on the mats at the range. If I can hit it off the mats I should be able to hit it on the course, right?

You know I bladed or chunked almost every single chip shot. I think I'm just going hit flop shots from here on.

Billy?

For the dunk! :D

4 metal from 263 to 8 feet. And would you know I left it 2 revolutions short

an adjacent fairway 7i to 10-15 yards off the green...oof'd the chip and needed a 30'ish ft putt to save bogey...but that 7i shot, tho...nice, high (and unneeded draw :rolleyes:) that put me in a good spot. rolled that putt like a champ, tho. so two outta three ain't bad. 66%might be a D but it's above failing, right?

234y par 3. 24* blade 4i into the breeze stuck to 1 ft. I don't think I can hit a ball much better than that without breaking something.

234y par 3. 24* blade 4i into the breeze stuck to 1 ft. I don't think I can hit a ball much better than that without breaking something.
Well by all means, don't break something!

Played the 2nd hole Taylor l trait l really well, 5i to 105 out then stuffed the 50* to 2 feet for the birdie

Rolled in a nice downhill bender from about 30ft for birdie on 18. That was a pleasant way to end a round.

I was 230 out against a stiff breeze - 3w... bounded up into a par 5 for a green in regulation... lipped the birdie for a tap in par... Driver in the fairway with a great layup to take water out of hole... 575 - water was at a tough spot so Driver, 125 yard shot, 3w into the green - great hole left me feeling good.

Back