The best shot of the round

I watched McRock hit a lob wedge out of complete garbage, over a roughly 8 ft retaining wall, to a short sided pin, stopped about 2-3 ft away. To save par. One of the best shots I have ever seen. Anywhere. Hands down, the best shot of the weekend.

I watched McRock hit a lob wedge out of complete garbage, over a roughly 8 ft retaining wall, to a short sided pin, stopped about 2-3 ft away. To save par. One of the best shots I have ever seen. Anywhere. Hands down, the best shot of the weekend.

I think you forgot a certain drive by a certain super spoon with a ~275 carry over water.

Today at Raven's Claw, first hole par 5 - 203 yard second shot with 4h to 45' and made downhill, right to left putt for eagle. Second eagle of the year for me (both in the last 12 rounds). Golfing with my 18 year-old nephew for the first time - told him he just saw my best golf.

Last edited:
I think you forgot a certain drive by a certain super spoon with a ~275 carry over water.

Although I did not see that one. It would have been up there!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Best shot of my two rounds over the weekend was a 5-wood from 175 out of the rough into the wind. Large lake directly in front. Bunker in back. Absolutely drilled it, beautiful fade right into the flag. Ended up 10 feet away. Just missed birdie, but gladly took the tap-in par.

9i from 159 to 3 inches.

Many guess the first was a 7 iron from 170 a little into the wind pin high about 15 feet
634a5f8c015ed1152c3f1bef4210c6d0.jpg
. Next was a combo of 3 strikes in a row. A 535 yard uphill par 5, drive felt weird but went straight some distance loss. I was about 230 uphill to the flag I hit the new hybrid which is a gem! to 15 yards short of the green. Note my short chipping is the worst and I put it within 3 feet of the pin for a birdie!
bff6b86124303a2448b63f068c227259.jpg

50* wedge pitch shot from 65 yards, two hops then rolled into the hole for eagle. Today was a fun iron day.

50* wedge pitch shot from 65 yards, two hops then rolled into the hole for eagle. Today was a fun iron day.

attaboy!

Chip in for bird off the green today. My approach just trickled off the back of the green to a back pin and I had to play it up the slope and let if fall down to the hole. Nice contact, one hop and check and fed down to the hole and rolled in like a putt. Exactly how I pictured it. If only more of my chips went exactly how I pictured it.

not just a shot, but 2 holes that were played as good as I can play 'em...

#12 - 460 yards par 5, 265 yard drive and a 190-ish 7i which landed short of the green but trickled on and over...2 putted from off the green for birdie
#18 - second hardest hole even though it's probably the shortest par 4 on our course... 202 yards 5i over the water which ended up to close to the edge for comfort and 75 yards 3/4 SW to about 4 feet for another birdie...

(playing with the wind on a very firm course...I normally don't hit my irons THAT far - 7i goes about 170, 5i around 192)

18.jpg

9 iron from 135 to 12 feet pin high. Made the birdie putt :bananadance:

the one at the bar post round.

Par 5, only 211 yards out after I bombed a drive. Just in the first cut of rough. My partners put some safe shots in the fairway so I pull out the 4 iron to go for the green.

BOOM - 10 inches from the pin!

Tap in EAGLE!

Not the best drive, short but still on fairway, hit a soft shot with my 3h to get the 180 onto green in 2, was still 25-30 feet from hole, playing partner asks if he should pull the flag, i say "na Ill never hole it from here", he tends the flag anyways and i drain the put for birdie. Longest put I've ever holed. Best part, it was my first THP outing. Love this site.

2rp5ops.jpg

152-yard 8i on a par 5. About 4 feet from the hole, made the putt for birdie.

Best round I have had in weeks yesterday had two really memorable shots. First was a chip from about 20 feet from the hole. Ball in first cut of rough, green elevated above the ball and majorly sloped uphill from the front of the green to the hole which was only a few paces from the front. Hit my 60 and landed it with enough momentum that the ball rolled just past the hole, stopped about 3 feet behind it and then rolled back to within inches. Tap in par.

Second one was a bogey putt from at least 30 feet away, downhill then uphill and a right to left break in the uphill. My goal was to get it to within 5 feet, I am terrible at these putts. Mission accomplished and no second putt required, bogey save. :)

55° wedge from 56 yards out to 4 feet and rolled in the birdie putt. This approach distance has been something of a…headache for me lately.

Coming off a terrible double bogey on an easy par 5 #17...I hit a 3 iron on #18 up the left hand side on a short par 4. I had about 35 yards left and hit my 58* to 1/2 a foot for a tap in birdie. Great way to come back and end the round.

352 yard par 4, hit 6 iron off the tee as it narrows around 230 yards and water left. Just short of the water and hit gw to 8 feet for birdie. A bunch of steller chips and pitches within kick in range as well. Launched a drive over 330 range and had a flip lob wedge to 5 feet but I lipped out, doh

I was most happy with a 3h from 208. I executed the shot exactly the way I visualized it - started it to the right of a bunker guarding the front, drew it in and let it roll back to the pin. (missed the 7 foot eagle putt but tap in birdies don't suck)

Back