The best shot of the round

17th hole, 154yds out after a solid drive. Ball was sitting up in the left rough, 9i hit and rolled to 6in short of the hole. Only bird of the day.

60 wedge from 93 to 6'.
56 wedge from 119 to 5'.
60 wedge from 63 to 5'.

It was just one of those days, throwing darts on the back 9.

Punched out of the trees after a wayward tee shot. Left me 123 yards, used a choked down pw landed pin high about 4 feet. Made the par save.

5i from 185 on par3...pulled birdie putt left

5a5c685f686deaa27ae7e6f3cb3565f5.jpg

116 yards out stuck a 51* to 3 feet and made the birdie putt

#18 today, 186 into a crosswind w xr 5hy:

f3723515cf1389b1e9117a721ea425bb.jpg

e8adbdd2d59637d6e8c20744cd9b6d86.jpg

#18 today, 186 into a crosswind w xr 5hy:
Impressive shot! Wish I could hit my XR 4 hybrid that well. But alas, I think my hybrids are just not for me.

136 yard Par 3.. Hitting a PW, ball landed on a backstop about 3-4 feet behind the hole, spun back narrowly missed the hole and ended up 3 feet below the hole.

Missed the birdie putt and that was the story of my day.

I hit two perfect 4 irons on 16 and 18 I to the wind from 200. One was a slight draw and the other was a soft fade. This club is becoming a weapon for me.

Chipped one in from the long grass to recover and birdie a short par 3. Obviously the previous shot was not my best.

Actually the shot was hit poorly, but the result was wonderful.

I was petty happy with two approach shots. One was a 4h from 195, playing very uphill. I hit a laser that landed an inch on the green and rolled about 15 feet past. The other was 3w from 215, again playing very uphill, that went about an inch left of the overhanging tree branch and stopped on the left side of the green. [I missed the birdie, eagle and birdie putts, otherwise those may have been my shots of the day :)]

My best shot was more of a best hole. I absolutely hammered a drive on a tight par 4. Little tiny draw tag finished in the fairway about 100 yards away. Hit 58* to about three feet and tapped it in for the solid birdie.

From start to finish, exactly how I wanted it.

some really great shots for me today.

52* from 130 with a cross wind to 8'. missed the putt (they punched this week so that's my excuse!).

195y 4h into the wind on a par 3 to 15'.

158y 9i with a stiff left-to-right wind. I aimed about 5y left of the pin and wanted to hit a high 9i that rode the wind. came off perfectly to about 6' past the hole but missed the downhill putt.

10/14 fairways today, 11/18 greens. two dubs and a quad accounted for the poor score.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hit the fairway with my tee shot on #1 at the KC Invitational.

Pretty much downhill from there . . .

115 par 3 down a hill
Tee shot with gw flew over the back
Opened my 54 and flopped up over the bank, landed 2 feet short and rolled right in for birdie.

I was 223 yeards out on the par 5 11th and hit a 3 iron to 10 feet. I made the putt for my 3rd eagle ever.

7th hole at one of the courses I play regularly is a sharp dogleg left, with the target at about 200-220 off the tee for a clean look at the green. I took out the Heavenwood and left it a bit open, hanging it out into the first cut on the right. Left myself with a blind shot about 145, a little downhill into the green. Took out my 9i - ball started off right on line, ran to the top of the little hill in front of me to just catch the ball rattle the pin and end up about 4 feet away. Converted the putt for birdie.

I think that's the first time I've hit the pin on anything besides a chip.

My personal best shot of the round was a chip in for birdie from 15 yds.

If you ask Mburnham though it was my 179 yd 9I tee shot on #15

Both were great shots!!

That's quite the 9i

I had 2 really noticeable shots today.

#1 Par 4, 4th hole, 396 yrds

Hits best drive of the day right down the middle leaving me 112 to the hole. Grabbed my 54 wedge and almost holed out in the air. Ball landed just 1inch right of the hole but rolled out 10feet passed. Missed the birdie putt and finished with a par

#2 Par 4, 14th, 396yrds

Duffed the drive and hit a low hook stinger leaving me in with 180yrds to an elevated green. Had a good look at it and hit a 6i pin high just 6ft to the right of the flag. Front pin placement leaving me with a tough double break downhill put. Missed that one too and also finished with a par

Yesterday's round on #5 a 490 yd par 5 my second shot from 215 out. The pin was back right and the front of the green is protected by a deep bunker that extends almost all the way across, but the right side is open by only about 8 ft. Hit a nice ball with a 3h that drew left into the right side opening, took one nice hop and landed 2 yds short of pin high about 15 ft to the right of the pin just on the fringe. Was my only birdie of the day!

On what was a very ugly day on the course, I managed my first eagle! From 227 into a breeze I launched a beauty of a 3W at the soft green and ended up here. Made the putt and have finally got me an eagle.

Pulled a 3-wood into trees on #2 at Walden on Lake Houston. I'm 132 out and my only shot is to punch a low, hooded 6-iron through a small opening. I hit the opening and the ball landed 30 yards short of the green with some hook spin, and rolled up to 5 feet. Never sniffed the hole on the birdie putt, but I was happy with the easy par.

Back