The best shot of the round

Had two today:

The first was a 9-iron from 125 (third shot):

IMG_0991-M.jpg

Needless to say, I made the putt for par.

Second was the drive of my life. Playing a 358-yard hole, we lazered the pin from my drive at 52 yards. I have zero idea how I hit it that far. Must have been the super-dry fairways down here in Texas where I am this week and must have gotten a hell of a kick off a downslope. Whatever it was, I'm taking it.

140 yd 8i approach to elevated green ... released to 1.5 ft

Best this morning was a 118 yard 52° wedge to 18". Ball landed 5 feet past and left of the cup and spun back nice and snug

Today's round, 1st hole, 3rd shot into the par 5 - 145 yard 6 iron, high with a slight draw to 6" of the pin. Tap in birdies are the BEST.

Number 18 today. Hit a pretty nice drive but ended up right side of the tree lined fairway. It's a par five and a three shot hole for me. I need to hit a cut around the overhanging branches of the tree to set up my third shot. Standing over the ball my self talk tells me this is the wrong play. "hit the hybrid to a yardage" I tell myself. Went back to the bag, pulled the hybrid and pulled off the shot with the proper shape and trajectory. Easy par and came off exactly as drawn up.

Felt good.

JM

Two shots on #18... dogleg left par 5. I hit driver a bit thin and short of a FW bunker leaving me 225 to the hole. Hit a nice little draw 6 iron around the dogleg that left me 125 to the middle. Dropped a wedge to 4 feet and made the birdie putt. Great way to end a round.

Played this morning and crushed some drives but had two recovery shots that stood out. 1st was on Hole 1 slight dogleg to the right. Im not a very good hitter of the fade so I tend to start my shot along the tree line and let it draw back to the fairway normally. Well I started to far right and went through some limbs and stuff and ended up about 2 feet directly in front of a large palmetto bush in line with a large pine. The only shot that I could conceivably see reaching the green was a low running cut with a 5 iron from about 160 out. Checked the back swing and realized I would have to come down on the ball steep which would help me keep it low. Made my swing perfect with perfect contact and watched the ball curve around the tree and hit about 15 yards from the the green and roll up and past the flag 10 ft. Made the 2 putt par.

Second was on a straight drive on a dogleg left that just went through the fairway and rolled about 10 inches into a palmetto bush. I had 130 to the flag and had two split two pines within about a 8 ft window and I had two palmetto leaves over the ball and it was on pine straw about 3 inches above the level of my feet. I felt like I could put a good swing on it and decided to try my luck. I muscled a 9 iron through the bush and watched as the ball ended up 25 ft right of the flag. Made the 2 putt par.

I actually hit more GIR from stupid ridiculous lies than I did from the fairway today.

Par 5 last hole of a rough round. After a short drive and 2 poor shots with the 3 wood I stuck a 5 iron 190 from the rough to about 10'. The ball mark was 6" from the pin. Missed the par putt.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

I hit some good shots today. Best one was a 296 yd drive (291 carry) leaving me with a 45' putt for eagle on a par 4. Made the bird.

Best shot of today's round was on the 174 yard par 3, 11th hole.
I put a smooooooth 6 iron 8 feet left of the pin. Unfortunately, I burned the edge and then made par.

Best from yesterday was a 3hy from 225 to 8 feet to give me a chance at an eagle. The putt had three feet of break though, so no go on the eagle

Best from yesterday was a 3hy from 225 to 8 feet to give me a chance at an eagle. The putt had three feet of break though, so no go on the eagle

Great shot. Tap in birdies are fun.

attachment.php

Best shot of the day - 6 iron from 177 uphill to 18" (I'm the yellow ball) and putt was for par. Only fairway I missed that day - drove through a dogleg 1 yard deep and had to wedge out due to lie. This shot certainly saved the hole. Best driving day of my life. Average 242 and split the middle of the fairway - long of 260 and a short of 225. Throttled back to 80% swing and just hit nice little draw all day long.

Par 5 today. Second shot was 236 to the middle of the green. 3 wood on!!!!

Then 3 putted for par! lol

515 yard par 5. Had to go over 2 trees approx. 20' high form 30 yards short side of green for my 3rd shot. Opened the face on my ping zing 2 60* lob wedge and took a full swing. Got up and over and the ball stopped dead, had about 12', missed the putt but the lob was perfect!

515 yard par 5. Had to go over 2 trees approx. 20' high form 30 yards short side of green for my 3rd shot. Opened the face on my ping zing 2 60* lob wedge and took a full swing. Got up and over and the ball stopped dead, had about 12', missed the putt but the lob was perfect!

That was definitely a nice shot pop!

For me yesterday it had to be my second swing of the day. Had 210 to the stick and smoothed out a nice draw about 3 to 4 yards with the 5 iron that landed about 4 feet short of the pin and rolled out a bit. Had a 15-20 footer for eagle that just burned the edge but man it was a nicely struck 5 iron!

A 15 footer that I rode in on punched greens to extend my birdie streak.

Holed out from a bunker on the fly for a birdie.

Simple game

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I hit some good shots today. Best one was a 296 yd drive (291 carry) leaving me with a 45' putt for eagle on a par 4. Made the bird.
So much for not able to get off the tee? Sounds like you found some magic!

375 yard par 4. Hit a wayward Drive right that put me in the rough of the adjacent fairway. Had 114 left into the green but had no view of the green as I had really tall, 30 foot trees in front of me. Grabbed the gap wedge and stuck it to 8 feet for birdie. Blind shots FTW

883397867cd544b308cf8141e9c4fbb2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The best shot of the round

This was on Thursday. Par 5 6th hole. I pushed my second shot about 10 yards right of the green into the rough. I looked at and decided I wanted the flag out. My dad goes, "really, you need the flag out? You're gonna make this?" Pull the flag, pitch up, and buckets for eagle. He looks at me and goes "I don't wanna hear it" hahaha

A few options today, but I'm going with my second from 160 today in the par 4, 400 yard 2nd hole. First on course shot with my Z Star irons, and I took a smooth 6 iron and stuck it to about 4 feet. Set up my first birdie of the day!

785f7fa489a41307eabd4debc06ecc26.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

The course we played today was a point and shoot course and I had a bunch of tee shots on the par fours that I hit exactly where I wanted but the best shot was a full 56°. It was a tee shot on a short par three to about four feet, and then drained the putt.

Back