The best shot of the round

Hole number 1, par 5. Hit a good drive and second shot to 35 yards short of the green on a tight lie. Caught my wedge shot thin and went over the green by about 15 yards for shot 3. Pin was in the very back leaving me short sided for my 4th shot that I left just short of the green. Chipped in from a few feet off the green to save par to start my round.

On holes 10 and 11 I hit my approach shots to within about 8 feet but couldn't convert either of the birdies.

9th hole, 464 yard par 5, dog leg right. Took driver off the tee and just barely cut the corner. Had 189 remaining to a back left pin. Pulled my Ping G30 4 hybrid, choked down an inch, aimed over the bunkers on the right and caught it flush. Soaring, high draw that landed in the middle of the green and stuck dead. Missed the 15 footer for eagle but tapped in for birdie. Felt pretty good.

PW from 110 into an uphill green to about 3 feet. Pushed the birdie putt getting cute....terrible.

6 iron from 192 to 5 feet,drained the putt for eagle on the long par 5. Had a couple wicked drives as well but that sealed the deal for me

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

345 par 4, water down the left side. Playing straight upwind. Hit a nice little knockdown fade to the 150 stake. 150 is my 7i distance... pin was back and it was into the wind so I took 6i and choked up on it just a touch. Dropped it pin high 6 feet right. MISSED THE BIRDIE PUTT since I couldn't hit a short putt to save my life today.

Last edited:
Holed out from 50 yards!! I freaking love these PM grind wedges!

Par 5 and dunked my 2nd shot trying to go for the green in two. Took a drop and holed it from the rough. I love holing out for birdie after a drop.

points game yesterday: suddenly developed a case of the shanks and struggled to get to the green in par. Once on the putting surface, I was left with a 25-footer for bogey and saving a point. It wasn't in the heart of the hole but I managed to sneak it in through the side door and walk away with a scramble bogey.

today: nothing really spectacular. I left about 6 birdies on the course with burned edges or within 6" of the cup. I had the speed under control all day. That felt good. One putt stands out, and I didn't even make the putt. #15, a par 3. Beautiful 5i tee shot. Ball was tracking right to the hole all the way but it came up short due to a strong headwind that took the steam out of it. The ball is sitting about 4 feet off an elevated green with the cup about 15 feet beyond that. I had to putt up the apron and then it was an uphill putt to the hole. As best I could tell, straight with maybe a slight R-L break at the end. I considered chipping it but just don't have the touch for that so I putted and it tracked exactly as I read it. I was left with a 3 inch tap in for par. That one felt really good.

105 yd knock down 54 to 2', wedge game today was on point.

No clue bro. only with the driver. I'm hitting everything else pretty decently.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My best yesterday in the scramble was a 5 wood from 225 yards to about 20 feet for a good look at eagle.

Probably this tee shot.

f43e957d3902b8f0106873a49380bcce.jpg

Either the 100 yard approach on #2 to 6' (made the putt), or
The chip to 3' which led to par on 18. I had about 10 yards over a bunker to a short sided green.

Probably the 215 yard shot with my 7wood on the par 5 18th. Was just shy of pin high just off the green. Didn't convert my 10' birdie attempt but i did get my one par of the day. Made me happy, that approach has a forced carry of about 205-210 yards from where I was, went for it and it worked out which was a nice change of pace.

Sent from the magic know everything box in my pocket

5 iron to 6 feet on the #8, 180 yard par 3. Of course I missed the birdie putt.

Or the chip in for birdie from about 20 yards on the par 5 #15. That was a little lucky... didn't hit it how I intended. But I ended up with my only birdie of the day.

Couple shots today too. Scramble tournament, shot 63 with 2 rookie ladies on our team. I had 3/4 and 1/2 wedges pretty dialed in. Several inside 10' from 100 and in. Took a while to get my driver hot but it finally came around

sent from my Samsoon S5 from the bottom of a mud hole

My best today was a 60-65 foot putt from the top shelf to the bottom shelf for an eagle on #2 at The Majestic in Michigan. Was mostly luck that it went in. I just wanted to get the speed right and the damned thing dropped!

MD3 wedge from 70 yds to 2 foot on a par 5. Almost went in for eagle.

18th hole, par 3 166 yards. Choked down a little on a 7 iron and hit a perfect little draw. Wound up 5 feet from the pin and promptly proceeded to miss the putt. Still a nice swing to close out the round.
903ee5f353a6f0a762de01d6f5ccaf25.jpg

I played 16 holes after work (had to cut out 2 to get done before dark).

I shot +3 and I had a round full of best shots.

#1 - 15' putt breaking right to left for birdie
#2 - par 5 - 3 wood 245 yards to front fringe.
#3 - par 3 - 7 iron 155 yards to 12'
#5 - 7i 171 yards to 20'
#7 - PW 125 yards to 12'
#9 - 4H 206 yard over water to 15'
#10 - sand save from 30' putt for par
#11 4H 211 yards to 25'
#14 (skipped 12 & 13) - 4H 206 yards to 15' tee shot on par 3
#16 169yd 7i to 15'

There were a number of other shots that I thought were great but I am on cloud 9 - this was the best ball striking round I can remember since I was a lot younger in the mid 1980's.

4 iron from 215 after a bad drive. I was hoping to come up just short of the green and have an easy chip, but it carried all the way to the green and ran out to 10 feet short of the hole.

52* wedge from 118 yds, uphill and downwind.
Ball landed pin high, spun back to the front of the green, probably 30ft.
It was a Srixon Z-star, first time playing that ball.
I was impressed. My playing partner (and short game instructor) was even more impressed.

52* wedge from 118 yds, uphill and downwind.
Ball landed pin high, spun back to the front of the green, probably 30ft.
It was a Srixon Z-star, first time playing that ball.
I was impressed. My playing partner (and short game instructor) was even more impressed.
Nice spin for sure! But wouldn't you rather leave it pin high?

sent from my Samsoon S5 from the bottom of a mud hole

Back