The Callaway Mavrik Driver

I will be giving this a try once it comes out to the fitters. I am very curious as to how it stacks up to the EF Subzero as to see if how much between single iterations. Although I am confident with the guys coming back raving about it ( without actually talking about it mind you which is a hell of a feat ), I can't NOT give it a run. It would have to big change for me to switch. Not to mention I might be playing a Speedzone by then. :)

Oh sure. I offer up sunny welcoming Fargo and you have to one up me with Florida.

not often florida can one up anything. we take what we can get.

Don't worry, Florida isn't sunny or warm when I go there.

It really isn’t. Stay away until June?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For those wondering about comparisons to the G410, I played one for almost the entire 2019 season leading up to the grandaddy. It was one of my favorite clubs in my bag. And I hit that thing farrrr.

Now it’s collecting dust in my basement because it’s just not as good. That’s all I’ll say for now.

For those wondering about comparisons to the G410, I played one for almost the entire 2019 season leading up to the grandaddy. It was one of my favorite clubs in my bag. And I hit that thing farrrr.

Now it’s collecting dust in my basement because it’s just not as good. That’s all I’ll say for now.

i think something really cool about this driver is that we have guys like @tomcat seeing big distance gains as a higher handicap, but also guys like you and @NoShanks seeing big gains in distance and dispersion, and everywhere in between. this family of drivers offers something for everyone.

:oops::oops::oops::oops:
:censored::censored::censored::censored:
????

If this driver does nothing else than tighten dispersion, it's a winner for a lot of people. As everyone has mentioned and what you've seen in the videos, this one has the forgiveness you need. How did Callaway accomplish that? stay tuned because on 1/14/20 all those details will be shared.

My personal experience has been eye opening and I cannot wait to share my thoughts. The advantages over my Epic Flash are interesting and I LOVE my Epic Flash.
giphy.gif

Sorry if this has been answered. I take it that the adapter for the new Mavrik has not changed?

Sorry if this has been answered. I take it that the adapter for the new Mavrik has not changed?

out of an abundance of caution we are not saying yet

from the USGA pic it shows the adapter. Looks to be the same to my eye but best to wait until embargo ends for sure.
9F54E578-5224-4045-B2DF-E9FF5FC5B053.jpeg

Everything is pointing to it being the same adapter. Callaway has the best adapter going where the cogs rotate and not the whole shaft. The 3 cog adapter is cool but quite rare.

I am not sure if this covered in the previous 20 pages or can be shared yet but I am curious how many people were fitted into the Mavrik vs EF.

All I’ll say is the story IS real and it IS going to blow some minds.

More than that, see you in January. :censored::censored::censored:

I am not sure if this covered in the previous 20 pages or can be shared yet but I am curious how many people were fitted into the Mavrik vs EF.
The entire team was fit into Mavrik drivers I believe.

Because of the event everyone was fitted into the Mavrik. Many of the guys have an EF to compare to, so you'll get those details/comparisons when they can talk about it more in depth.

All I’ll say is the story IS real and it IS going to blow some minds.

More than that, see you in January. :censored::censored::censored:

It's impressive what they have accomplished and yes, it will blow people away. I have two things that stand out to me, but that's reserved for 1/14/20.

Because of the event everyone was fitted into the Mavrik. Many of the guys have an EF to compare to, so you'll get those details/comparisons when they can talk about it more in depth.

Indeed! I'll keep my EF until I can get some side-by-side numbers for comparison.

??

Driver COR is maxed out to legal limits. Every test site video/blog for several years is at best a very few yards (often less than one yard) difference between drivers from different OEMS on tests. I suggest less difference for me, a senior, just under 80 MPH. So..if up to 25 yard gains are accurate from the posts, one wonders if it must be either the shaft or a bad fit before for comparison?

At almost age 69 I'll buy into plus 5 or 10 yards with accuracy, but my G400 SFT with Kuro Kage DC TiNi 60 is pretty sweet.
First, COR is no longer a thing. The measurement is CT. Every driver probably has a spot that is near that maximum. However, where most players will see distance gains is on off center hits where the CT is not a high as a perfect strike. Companies continue to improve the CT all across the face, not just in the sweet spot.

I spent some time with the new Mavrik line and my takeaway at the end was that I could see myself buying the driver.
I hit a few low-heely muff jobs that maintained 155 ball speed.

I love my Epic Flash but I'm intrigued.

I’ve come up blank trying to find one to hit. I do not like coming up blank

Back