The Car Shopping Thread

Figured as much .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still ridiculous no matter what it is..... Considering I bought a 3 bedroom house not to long ago for less money than that.

Yeah I can't even fathom spending more than 40k on a vehicle unless I won the lottery and bought all the Porsches I want .

I want a Silverado so bad. Just have to hold on until I get can to Dallas and get a job that pays me what I am actually worth. I have longed for one for a very long time.

It isn't possible at the moment as I have been blessed with my dad's 2008 Tundra that is payed off but my constant itch for a dodge Challenger has gotten stronger recently. Test drove one the other day which I shouldn't have done because man I want one bad

New member of the family:
7466dc2e64d43ff55b3b70e1e348481a.jpg

I'm a fan

Porsche brakes are NOT cheap. I would not be surprised if a 4-wheel rotor & pad job is north of $1.5-2k. A lot of their rotors you can't turn, either. In this respect, a good/reputable Porsche independent shop will be gold to you.

I laid it all out for my wife since will be her daily driver and when she saw my conservative estimates for yearly maintenance, she said nevermind. Now i'm on the lookout for a Toyota Land Cruiser.

I'm a fan

The new body styles are sharp! that one looks really good, congrats!

I want a Silverado so bad. Just have to hold on until I get can to Dallas and get a job that pays me what I am actually worth. I have longed for one for a very long time.

Dude i want a new Tahoe so bad. I saw a Z71 with a leveling kit on it and man it was a looker. I'm trying to convince the wife thats the way we need to go, but she loves her Toyota SUV's.

Well since my VW Tdi didn't happen....thank goodness.... Becky and I went and looked at a few Hyundai's the other day. She's in love with the new Sante Fe and I loved the look of the Sonata Sport. Ponder mode engaged.... Don't think we can do two new vehicles right now... We'll see. Anyone have thoughts on these?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Coworker just got a Santa Fe. Rode in it the other day. Leather and all the jazz but it just didn't feel very solid to me. Lots of road noise and just felt kinda cheap. Maybe it's my brain telling me it's a Hyandai, but she loves it. Came out of a Lexus CUV.

I would never try to 180 a brand like that. Go from selling the cheapest cars on the planet to high end luxury. Just doesn't work IMO

sent from my Samsoon S5 from the bottom of a mud hole

I'm a fan
The new bodystyle is very, very awesome. I'm looking to upgrade from an '08 XLT because I'm about to crossover the 100,000 mile mark. ZERO problems, and boy to I test the payload regularly....

Ehhhh I wouldn't recommend it.

If yuou plan on leasing fine but if you plan on owning they rust out in 5 years and cost a fortune to own.

If yuou plan on leasing fine but if you plan on owning they rust out in 5 years and cost a fortune to own.

If I end up back in Dallas is that a big issue? I have always been a Chevy guy but I guess if it is that bad I can certainly consider something else. My dad has owned tahoes my whole life and has never had rust issues but maybe just lucky.. I defer to someone who knows way more than I which is obviously you

If I end up back in Dallas is that a big issue? I have always been a Chevy guy but I guess if it is that bad I can certainly consider something else. My dad has owned tahoes my whole life and has never had rust issues but maybe just lucky.. I defer to someone who knows way more than I which is obviously you

I always have loved the smaller body size of the silverado's, and was very interested in going with a different brand this year (just to change it up, I've had ford trucks for 11 years....). But honestly, based on the overwhelming amount of great consumer reviews, I don't think I will be switching....Rust is an issue I've seen with many of my friend's chevy trucks, mostly in the undercarriage. Maybe they skip the protective coating ? Just a guess, but common. Whether or not it's an issue, well, I'll leave that to the auto experts here

The Car Shopping Thread

I always have loved the smaller body size of the silverado's, and was very interested in going with a different brand this year (just to change it up, I've had ford trucks for 11 years....). But honestly, based on the overwhelming amount of great consumer reviews, I don't think I will be switching....Rust is an issue I've seen with many of my friend's chevy trucks, mostly in the undercarriage. Maybe they skip the protective coating ? Just a guess, but common. Whether or not it's an issue, well, I'll leave that to the auto experts here

They rust out terribly in the rear quarter / fender area .

I would own 10 fords before I owned a Chevrolet. The quality is just terrible these days .

So Nate and I are in a Challenger for this trip.... I think I'm going to start looking at SRT8's when I get home.

So Nate and I are in a Challenger for this trip.... I think I'm going to start looking at SRT8's when I get home.

They are a lot cooler to rent than to own.

They are a lot cooler to rent than to own.

How so? Bad issues, or just maintenance in general.

The Car Shopping Thread

How so? Bad issues, or just maintenance in general.

Chrysler......

By far the worst quality of any brand of vehicle . You will be replacing front end parts more than you can imagine. The 5.7's /6.4 leak oil like you wouldn't believe.

If you're planning on using it as a Sunday driver cool.

If you're planning on using it as a daily driver good luck.

Shopping for a mini suv (RAV4) for my wife.

Sent from my Verizon iPhone using Tapatalk

so the smart money is on f150? Do the Sierra's have these issues as the Silverado?

f150 raptor worth the money?

so the smart money is on f150? Do the Sierra's have these issues as the Silverado?

f150 raptor worth the money?

Sierra and Silverado is the exact same truck.

Don't know much about the raptors but 70k for a 1/2 ton truck never really interested me. Don't ever see them in the shop either it's a pretty niche market . If you want a toy the Raptor is cool if you want functionality it's useless .

Sierra and Silverado is the exact same truck.

Don't know much about the raptors but 70k for a 1/2 ton truck never really interested me. Don't ever see them in the shop either it's a pretty niche market . If you want a toy the Raptor is cool if you want functionality it's useless .

thanks. Wasn't sure if maybe the Sierra was getting some added special treatment coming from GMC and being focused on trucks

Back