The Car Shopping Thread

thanks. Wasn't sure if maybe the Sierra was getting some added special treatment coming from GMC and being focused on trucks

Badging an some trim differences but essentially the same vehicle .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

70k for a Raptor......jeebus

Yah. They are cool and all but damn.

70k for a Raptor......jeebus

its ts been two years since I last looked at them. They were running around $56k in this area. Base model was $47k

The Raptor is the truck I want one of my buddies to buy so I can drive it once in a while but I see it useless to own.

so the smart money is on f150? Do the Sierra's have these issues as the Silverado?

f150 raptor worth the money?
The raptor comes stock as an offroading truck designed for rallying that beast. I considered it because I spend a lot of time hauling snowmobiles up forest-service roads - but I didn't have the money. I would suggest looking into the 2016 and 2017 lines of trucks, because there will be a lot changing over the next year or two. I know Nissan bought the rights to Cummins, and will be offering the Titan w/Cummins Diesel, as well as chevy having a diesel 1/2ton.

The raptor comes stock as an offroading truck designed for rallying that beast. I considered it because I spend a lot of time hauling snowmobiles up forest-service roads - but I didn't have the money. I would suggest looking into the 2016 and 2017 lines of trucks, because there will be a lot changing over the next year or two. I know Nissan bought the rights to Cummins, and will be offering the Titan w/Cummins Diesel, as well as chevy having a diesel 1/2ton.

Nissan didn't buy the right to Cummins, Dodge lost its exclusive right to Cummins so you will see them in more than one truck as an option in the future.

Not even close to being in the market. The raptor is one I'm interested in but it has and probably always will be out of my price range. I have a wrangler and am happy with it.

Ehhhh I wouldn't recommend it.

If yuou plan on leasing fine but if you plan on owning they rust out in 5 years and cost a fortune to own.
This is correct. My Sierra is a turd and sure enough rusting in the rear quarter. It's on its 2nd engine at 80,000 miles and every long trip equals a visit to the repair shop.
I could go on but it was definitely a bad buy.

Not even close to being in the market. The raptor is one I'm interested in but it has and probably always will be out of my price range. I have a wrangler and am happy with it.

This raptor video shows what not to do with it.

[video=youtube;4w-HOiQo5OA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4w-HOiQo5OA[/video]

Wow, YGBSM. What did he expect would happen? Honestly, wtf?

Well since my VW Tdi didn't happen....thank goodness.... Becky and I went and looked at a few Hyundai's the other day. She's in love with the new Sante Fe and I loved the look of the Sonata Sport. Ponder mode engaged.... Don't think we can do two new vehicles right now... We'll see. Anyone have thoughts on these?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have the regular Sonata and it works just fine for me. I've had it for about two years and 18k miles..no issues. It goes in the snow which is the main reason why I ditched my Infiniti. And I can fit three golf bags in the trunk!

This is correct. My Sierra is a turd and sure enough rusting in the rear quarter. It's on its 2nd engine at 80,000 miles and every long trip equals a visit to the repair shop.
I could go on but it was definitely a bad buy.
Wow, 2 engines at less than 100k? I'd likewise call my truck a turd if she did that to me

Wow, 2 engines at less than 100k? I'd likewise call my truck a turd if she did that to me

I'm guessing the rings went bad like all 4.8/5.3/5.7 and the AFM motors that GM produces are an absolute joke.

This raptor video shows what not to do with it.

[video=youtube;4w-HOiQo5OA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4w-HOiQo5OA[/video]
:dohanim:wee bit fast! Supposedly they have 12" of suspension travel, looks like they used a bit more than that

It's pretty humorous that they didn't think that jump would set off the airbags. Looks like major frame damage as well.

Exactly. Stupid AFM is just absolute garbage.
The best part was when my truck was burning through 3 quarts of oil every 1000 miles and GM insisting for years that it was within the "normal" range.

Losers.

I'm guessing the rings went bad like all 4.8/5.3/5.7 and the AFM motors that GM produces are an absolute joke.

Wow, YGBSM. What did he expect would happen? Honestly, wtf?
Yea. Obviously a guy that didn't deserve that truck to begin with.
Sidenote. I saw a tricked out 16 Stingray today. Oh my.

Jrod, any opinions on a 2005 F-150 with 171k on the odometer? 4x4, extended cab. That's about all the info b I have on it right now. I think the price was about $7k.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Jrod, any opinions on a 2005 F-150 with 171k on the odometer? 4x4, extended cab. That's about all the info b I have on it right now. I think the price was about $7k.

The 5.4 3V is is an awful motor .

Stay far far away unless it's been replaced recently .

The 5.4 3V is is an awful motor .

Stay far far away unless it's been replaced recently .

Ok. I'll stay far away.

Saw a great looking new Tacoma too. The wife wouldn't let me look at it.

Ok. I'll stay far away.

Saw a great looking new Tacoma too. The wife wouldn't let me look at it.

Toyotas are great they are just so expensive

Toyotas are great they are just so expensive

I can only imagine the price. It was the 4x4 TRD package. Could see that badging from the road. With Crew cab.

I can only imagine the price. It was the 4x4 TRD package. Could see that badging from the road. With Crew cab.

They won't budge either :(

They won't budge either :(

Those toyota's are at the top of their class in the <1/2ton category, and it's a reasonable price. Almost all 1/2 ton's start around 26-27k (for 2 wheel drive, and no decent cab) and can easily exceed 50k. I mean hell, it doesn't take much to turn a 34,000 dollar f150 into a 60,000 dollar truck

Back