The Car Shopping Thread

Nice, those are almost as nice as a E nowadays.
Yeah, I looked at the A for the super cool internal presentation, and the CLA, but neither of them were close in quality and engine.

Super happy with it so far.

Yeah, I looked at the A for the super cool internal presentation, and the CLA, but neither of them were close in quality and engine.

Super happy with it so far.
The A and the CLA are both not good at all as far as quality goes. They are the entry level cars and are nothing but problems every time one would come into the shop. You did good on picking the C lol.

I am looking to trade in my 2019 Ford Mustang for a 2021 Ford Bronco Sport (more family-friendly) - anyone here has a new Bronco?
any advice/tips or things to look out for on the Bronco?

thanks in advance ☕

I am looking to trade in my 2019 Ford Mustang for a 2021 Ford Bronco Sport (more family-friendly) - anyone here has a new Bronco?
any advice/tips or things to look out for on the Bronco?

thanks in advance ☕
No feedback yet but my best friend just ordered a new Bronco Sport Outer Banks last week. Should have it in 3 weeks he said.... Basically sounds like the Sport model is the more everyday driving model compared to the standard Bronco that is more rugged like a Jeep Wrangler

wife and i did a lot of test driving over the last couple weeks. she wants a minivan features in a midsize suv. we test drove the audi q7, lexus gx460, hyundai palisade, cadillac xt6, and acura mdx. personally i liked the cadillac the best, but we landed on the acura. it's only been a couple days but she loves it. she's coming off an 8yo honda pilot, so all the technology advancements in the last 8 years are blowing her mind haha

wife and i did a lot of test driving over the last couple weeks. she wants a minivan features in a midsize suv. we test drove the audi q7, lexus gx460, hyundai palisade, cadillac xt6, and acura mdx. personally i liked the cadillac the best, but we landed on the acura. it's only been a couple days but she loves it. she's coming off an 8yo honda pilot, so all the technology advancements in the last 8 years are blowing her mind haha
I'm surprised you/she didn't go with the Q7, everything I'm reading shows that it's #1 in that class.

My wife got an Audi Q7 last month and loves it. We got it for the 3rd row for future kids but im surprised how low it sits for an SUV. Handles and feels like a car when I drive it. She absolutely loves it so thats what matters but I personally would not get one myself

Naturally im getting the itch for a new car myself but gonna wait til December. 90% sure its gonna be a Genesis GV80 although it will be hard to leave my Jeep family. Love my SRT right now. There is a new grand Cherokee update for this year that might convince me to stay or even upgrade to a Jeep Wagoneer

Its pretty nice not having a car payment the past 18 months so thats on my mind also

We test drove the new Acura MDX and I was very very impressed. I personally liked that alot more than the Q7 my wife ultimately decided on

I'm surprised you/she didn't go with the Q7, everything I'm reading shows that it's #1 in that class.

we loved it. but the 3rd row access wasn't good enough. its technology, its handling, everything was super impressive. personally i'm happy she didn't go with that one, it saved me like $25k lol

we loved it. but the 3rd row access wasn't good enough. its technology, its handling, everything was super impressive. personally i'm happy she didn't go with that one, it saved me like $25k lol
seriously, I did a VERY good job convincing my wife to go small SUV instead of one of the big boys. Some of these prices are BON-KERS.

seriously, I did a VERY good job convincing my wife to go small SUV instead of one of the big boys. Some of these prices are BON-KERS.

and negotiating isn't really a thing in my area. as soon as you leave the dealership, someone walks in behind you who wants to buy that car. inventory is insanely low.

and negotiating isn't really a thing in my area. as soon as you leave the dealership, someone walks in behind you who wants to buy that car. inventory is insanely low.
We did pretty well on the negotiations between our trade and money off the list price.
We bought used and were able to 'walk away' into an extra 2k off pricing.

Not sure what buying new is like right now. I hear a lot about people ordering which I assume means full price. That's just not in my realm.

I could sell my Suburban that I got in December for more than what I paid for it right now. Its madness.

Really glad I bought and traded in back in March. The dealership I bought from now has less new cars on the lot than they had new Tucsons on the lot back in March…

Anyone have thoughts on the new Ranger? Have been looking at the recently. Will wait until the car market settles down but I'm considering. Thoughts?

My 06 GTO finally ran into too many repair issues all at once and I needed a new ride,. I was looking for a 4 door sedan that was AWD and had a little vroom to it...and under 10k. Finally decided on a 2014 Ford Taurus Police Interceptor. It's like driving a tank compared to the sporty GTO but so far, so good!

Test drove 3 cars today - for my wife's daily driver replacement (which is a Lexus HS230h - or something), about 10 years old. She wants and deserves a new/replacment.

We looked at the NX whatever it is hybrid, the ES 300 hybrid, and the Volvo 2022 XC 60 Recharge plug in hybrid. We both really REALLY liked the Volvo but not sticker at $68k, we also liked the NX - but the big surprise was/is the ES 300 - tons of room in the cabin and in the trunk the car is huge. It gets great MPG and will be around $51K close to fully loaded - new. And they have it in stock in the colors that my wife wants. May go back tomorrow, or may try to get the deal done online - not sure yet.

I've started pondering pickups lately. My 2015 F150 has 112,000 miles on it and I usually make a change around 100,000. I just struggle paying the prices that are out there right now even with higher trade in. I'm bouncing back and forth between holding off and putting the miles on this one (I put thousands of miles on a month) or just breaking down and pulling the trigger.

I've started pondering pickups lately. My 2015 F150 has 112,000 miles on it and I usually make a change around 100,000. I just struggle paying the prices that are out there right now even with higher trade in. I'm bouncing back and forth between holding off and putting the miles on this one (I put thousands of miles on a month) or just breaking down and pulling the trigger.

Theres 0% for 72 on F150. I’m putting my truck on the lot for $45K soon. It’s a 20 with 5,400 miles. XLT 302A, 3.5 ecoboost, tow package, navigation, tailgate step.

• Love
Reactions: KEV
Theres 0% for 72 on F150. I’m putting my truck on the lot for $45K soon. It’s a 20 with 5,400 miles. XLT 302A, 3.5 ecoboost, tow package, navigation, tailgate step.
I didn't realize they had that going on. The new Ford like yours is one I'm pondering and the new style of RAM 1500 is my other option. I've loved my F150 but really like the look of the RAM.

What vehicle are you getting next?

I'm once again in car shopping hell, as it appears I may be in the states longer (again) than anticipated. The wife will keep the XC90, and I've been looking at the M850ix. For as little as I drive, it may be too much car for me. Anyone have any experience with them? I really want the convertible, but it won't do me much good in the winter.

Three of my neighbors have S class coupes, and they are super slick, but man they are HUGE! I really like the S63, but is it pricey.... which goes right back to it feeling like a waste of money when I'll drive it about 200 miles a month.

what suv do you like, I am leasing the Rav and its fine. Looking for something as good, maybe a slightly smaller profile.

Wife threw a curve ball. Left the Lexus dealer with a new Nx300h loaded 2021. Wife is happy. I’ll be looking at the ES300h next time and maybe it’ll be a plug in by then. So local trips could electric anything over that dual. The thing today get 4O+. It’s huge tons of room. Possible more than my 2015 rx!

Back