The Car Shopping Thread

Got my e30 M3 delivered today. It’s so freaking rad. Not 100% I’ll keep the livery. As douchey as it is it’s pretty rad in person. Plus I’m a little worried the paint under will be faded and I’ll have to drop $5k on a paint job. It’s so cool to get my dream car.

IMG_3954.jpg
IMG_3953.jpg
IMG_3952.jpg
IMG_3951.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got my e30 M3 delivered today. It’s so freaking rad. Not 100% I’ll keep the livery. As douchey as it is it’s pretty rad in person. Plus I’m a little worried the paint under will be faded and I’ll have to drop $5k on a paint job. It’s so cool to get my dream car.

View attachment 9022378
View attachment 9022380
View attachment 9022381
View attachment 9022382

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did it come from Australia? I haven't seen a Bob Jane sticker in a million years!

Did it come from Australia? I haven't seen a Bob Jane sticker in a million years!
No, it's an American model. Someone that was just a big fan. I'll be the 4th owner. The second owner put it on. The third owner who I am buying it from bought it thinking they'd take it off but fell in love. I've done a bit of research on the livery and it is the livery from the car that finished second in the world in 1987 on the touring circuit.

I'm going to keep it for a bit to see how it grows on me. As long as I don't get someone trying to racing me at every stop light I am thinking I might keep it. So fun to drive.

Wife got a 2020 Lexus NX 300h yesterday. Was down to that vs a BMW X3 with the M styling and she went all environmentalist on me.

Pretty pumped for her... And now, naturally, I looked to see what I could get for my six month old purchase (used), and it's damn near what I paid. BIG hmmmm hahaha

Wife got a 2020 Lexus NX 300h yesterday. Was down to that vs a BMW X3 with the M styling and she went all environmentalist on me.

Pretty pumped for her... And now, naturally, I looked to see what I could get for my six month old purchase (used), and it's damn near what I paid. BIG hmmmm hahaha
My wife is jonesing for the Lexus too. Share any tips on this model?

My wife is jonesing for the Lexus too. Share any tips on this model?
I think she really fell in love with the hybrid concept. It's got enough pep to get her going, and the styling is quite clean.
Honestly i was hoping she'd go with the BMW X3 with the M styling, but this made a bit more sense from a mileage perspective.

It's smaller than the RX 350 for sure (or the X5), but having sat in the backseat, I'm really impressed with the cabin space.

Haha welcome to the dark side of getting a new car after 6 months because the used market is so hot you can get more for your car than what you paid. I really liked the Lexus, but no touchscreen was an absolute deal breaker for me.

Haha welcome to the dark side of getting a new car after 6 months because the used market is so hot you can get more for your car than what you paid. I really liked the Lexus, but no touchscreen was an absolute deal breaker for me.
It's funny, I have been looking at alternative options to my car, and I'm not sure there's another one that gets me more excited (which is weird).

The 3 series refresh looks incredible, but it's a year away from my price range (off depreciation).
The smaller Lexus IS is stunning but they are absolutely atrocious on gas for some reason.
I really like the A4 but Audi around here are a bunch of dbags.
The A220 has a far superior cockpit presentation, but the engine is a huge downgrade.

We...might..be...wrapping...

It's funny, I have been looking at alternative options to my car, and I'm not sure there's another one that gets me more excited (which is weird).

The 3 series refresh looks incredible, but it's a year away from my price range (off depreciation).
The smaller Lexus IS is stunning but they are absolutely atrocious on gas for some reason.
The A220 has a far superior cockpit presentation, but the engine is a huge downgrade.

I Dare you....

Im a big A4 fan, and A6, but its a little big for me. Im happy with my 430, but if I were to change, after having GG's SUV, I might go that direction.

Im a big A4 fan, and A6, but its a little big for me. Im happy with my 430, but if I were to change, after having GG's SUV, I might go that direction.
I looked at a couple GCs. If I were to go BMW tomorrow, that's the route I'd go based on sizing and presentation. I think it's far superior to the last version of the 3 series.

Also pondered the SUV a bit - but that never really went anywhere.

I looked at a couple GCs. If I were to go BMW tomorrow, that's the route I'd go based on sizing and presentation. I think it's far superior to the last version of the 3 series.

Also pondered the SUV a bit - but that never really went anywhere.

I absolutely adore the hatch part of the Grand Coupe. Once I lose the awful run flats, and go with something better, it will offer a lot in terms of comfort too.

I absolutely adore the hatch part of the Grand Coupe. Once I lose the awful run flats, and go with something better, it will offer a lot in terms of comfort too.
Tires was one of the first things I did to mine. Never knew how loud run flats were until I got that BMW. The tread noise from A/T tires on the Suburban is nothing compared to the run flats.

I think she really fell in love with the hybrid concept. It's got enough pep to get her going, and the styling is quite clean.
Honestly i was hoping she'd go with the BMW X3 with the M styling, but this made a bit more sense from a mileage perspective.

It's smaller than the RX 350 for sure (or the X5), but having sat in the backseat, I'm really impressed with the cabin space.
Thanks, we are a hybrid family, have 2 now, one is a Lexus and the other a Toyota. That’s why she’s digging the nx. It’s just a matter of 21 or 22 (redesign).

Back