The Car Shopping Thread

My maverick is officially at the dealership, time to get financing set up.. anyone aware of any better rates than 5.24% at my local credit union?

Of course Ford is one of the only manufacturers not doing low rates for financing through them
I would shop around at different credit unions or even some banks. There should definitely be better rates to be had.

My maverick is officially at the dealership, time to get financing set up.. anyone aware of any better rates than 5.24% at my local credit union?

Of course Ford is one of the only manufacturers not doing low rates for financing through them

From Fords website , has this changed or its not so

" 3.9% APR financing for 60 months at $18.37 per month per $1,000 financed regardless of down payment (PGM #20030) " Never mind, its an incentive programs for F150's

The UAW for the Big 3 are officially on strike. They want a 40% pay raise over 4 years and full benefits for a 32 hour work week. It will be interesting to see how many weeks this strike lasts.

The UAW for the Big 3 are officially on strike. They want a 40% pay raise over 4 years and full benefits for a 32 hour work week. It will be interesting to see how many weeks this strike lasts.

Seems like full benefits for a 32 hour work week is pretty common these days?

I too want a 10% pay raise each year for the next 4 years.

Wonder what those UAW union dues look like for the next 4 years?

Yeah. This is where I’m at right now. I went and looked at Genesis. Drove a couple. They’re fantastic. But I’m holding off for now. My car is still nice enough and running well. And, yeah, no car payment is a big factor.

How big is the back area on the GV70. Can you put clubs straight across or do you think they will need to be angled. Thinking about this for my next car but not sure when. I have 160K on my 2014 A6 and think it will need about 5K in regular maintenance stuff in the next year or so. I am not sure I want to put that much more money into it.

I’m all over the place when it comes to what vehicle I want to get next year. The Ford Ranger raptor is pretty high on the list but might have to wait a little longer if that’s the route I go. Fighting the internal battle of something practical vs getting exactly what I want.

IMG_5101.jpeg

I’m all over the place when it comes to what vehicle I want to get next year. The Ford Ranger raptor is pretty high on the list but might have to wait a little longer if that’s the route I go. Fighting the internal battle of something practical vs getting exactly what I want.

View attachment 9205230
I would love to have this one too!!

View attachment 9205230
If it’s a wait you can make with no issues, I’d wait and get the one you want. Long term happiness etc. etc.

From Fords website , has this changed or its not so

" 3.9% APR financing for 60 months at $18.37 per month per $1,000 financed regardless of down payment (PGM #20030) " Never mind, its an incentive programs for F150's

Yeah, expensive trucks gets better financing. The Mav is a 22k base model truck, won't be many incentives for them :rolleyes:

There's some "online" banks but I really don't trust them, too many bad reviews and sketchy practices.

I would love to have this one too!!
It checks all the boxes for me and the price isn’t too crazy. I’m sure it will be a popular one. If a 0 for 72 popped up in the second half of next year I’d probably pull the trigger

View attachment 9205230

That Raptor looks great! I think the wait times for ordering one is about 12 months but that is much shorter than the 25 months I waited for my ‘23 Bronco.

If it’s a wait you can make with no issues, I’d wait and get the one you want. Long term happiness etc. etc.
There is definitely no rush. I’m fairly simple when it comes to vehicles. I could get a used Warlock or a new colorado for 20-30k less that checks the boxes but then this has a few nice to haves.

That Raptor looks great! I think the wait times for ordering one is about 12 months but that is much shorter than the 25 months I waited for my ‘23 Bronco.
I figured it would be a popular one. I didn’t like the old design but this new design is really good looking

How big is the back area on the GV70. Can you put clubs straight across or do you think they will need to be angled. Thinking about this for my next car but not sure when. I have 160K on my 2014 A6 and think it will need about 5K in regular maintenance stuff in the next year or so. I am not sure I want to put that much more money into it.

From just checking it out I think you’d be able to fit them straight across. Didn’t actually test it out. I thought it has a fairly impressive amount of cargo space though.

From another poster on another site regarding golf clubs in a GV70

Screenshot 2023-09-15 122404.jpg,

Considering a CPO 2021 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid w 22,000 miles. Good price. Any experience with this car?

Did you pick up your truck?

I'm loving mine. Got the carpeted bedliner and a cheap tonneau cover from Amazon. It's working great and my clubs won't get scratched.

Did you pick up your truck?

I'm loving mine. Got the carpeted bedliner and a cheap tonneau cover from Amazon. It's working great and my clubs won't get scratched.

Pick up on Saturday probably .. of course they want to give next to nothing on the trade, but I can sell through KBB true cash value for 2k more

Pick up on Saturday probably .. of course they want to give next to nothing on the trade, but I can sell through KBB true cash value for 2k more
Dealership did the same to me. Ended up selling myself. Dealerships suck. They should give you some ford cash to spend on accessories.

View attachment 9205230

Do ittttttttt

Though I got a Tacoma TRD pro and I absolutely love it , but when I see the new Land Cruiser I'm like this can do everything I want and is more practical

From another poster on another site regarding golf clubs in a GV70

View attachment 9205249,
Can confirm. Not a ton of room back there, but enough.
20230917_173712.jpg
Have debadging and rebadging on the to-do list now. Wife wants black out on the hood and everything on the back. Yeah me?

Do ittttttttt

Though I got a Tacoma TRD pro and I absolutely love it , but when I see the new Land Cruiser I'm like this can do everything I want and is more practical
The new TRD Pro was also on my list. I’m not setting anything in stone until May. Lots of things will be changing between now and then.

There’s also the irresponsible part of me that wants to go for a Defender but that would be a stretch😂

Can confirm. Not a ton of room back there, but enough.
View attachment 9205704
Have debadging and rebadging on the to-do list now. Wife wants black out on the hood and everything on the back. Yeah me?

Enough for me. But also thinking about the larger model, cause the wife likes it, I told her you buy it then.:oops:

Reactions: J4U
Just sold my 2020 Model Y and now the wait begins for my Model X.

From just checking it out I think you’d be able to fit them straight across. Didn’t actually test it out. I thought it has a fairly impressive amount of cargo space though.
You guys get your Legacy yet?

Back