The Cheese Pizza Thread

I like cheese pizza, but it is never the default.

Back in the 90s when I was a kid, pizza hut had "the 6 cheese pizza"
That thing was awesome.
Wrong. Cheese pizza is ALWAYS the default.

One out of 12 enjoyed the sauce it and send selection it in California. Your opinion is clearly questionable!

1 out of 12? So about 6% like the sauce. That doesn't sound like a mandate to me!

Terranovas is closed, so getting pizza from Mezzaluna tonight. I'll report back later.

Terranovas is closed, so getting pizza from Mezzaluna tonight. I'll report back later.
My dad called an audible and we picked up some pizzas from a place called Bronx House. Very good. My opinion: better than Mezzaluna, on par with Terranovas. The sauce was on the sweeter side, which I like. I could eat there every time I wanted pizza and be perfectly happy.

Screenshot_20220709-185537_Gallery.jpg

That's the thing! I don't like sweet sauce! It seems that a lot of l.ocals in our region do! My Mom, back in the day, made spag sauce from scratch! .And, she would add some sugar to it! But, just enough tp cut the acidity and no more! So, I grew up with "neutral" sauce! When I was selling wine, I discovered a restaurant who made suace like my Mom did! It was going along pretty good, when I discovered that they had suddenly changed their sauce! They had sweetened it due to customer demand. It seems that more people around here are raised improperly rather than properly!

Last edited:
This about as good as we can get in my town right now. There's an Italian place opening up soon, so we'll for sure try it when it opens. This is from a place called Myra Jeans. They do pizza Thursday through Sunday for some reason. They like to put parmasean cheese on top and cut into squares, so I have to undo that when I order. Apparently, it looks like no parmasean meant put it under the mozzarella this time. Thinner crust, not a lot of flop, but cheese heavy. Normally this place would be a solid 7.6, tonight its a 6.4, the crust saves it.

Screenshot_20220723-180353_Gallery.jpg

There is only one correct decision of course

4F70221B-1C7E-4192-8CAE-B1B3451AD731.gif

Had a VERY good Pizza in Ocala, FL a couple of weeks ago (plain, and pepperoni)..... the name of the place was Piesano's
I did not see it coming.... REALLY good stuff.... Thin cruse, great chew... they got it right... and this is coming from a guy who regularly enjoys New Haven pizza (Sally's, Pepe's & Modern)

A couple neapolitan style pizza joints here make a 4-cheese pizza that are very similar. BUT one uses a blue cheese in the mix and it is incredible.

• Appreciation
Reactions: JB
Everyone always mocks me for liking a good cheese pizza over everything else.

but, when it gets to the table it is always the first gone.

Everyone always mocks me for liking a good cheese pizza over everything else.

but, when it gets to the table it is always the first gone.
It’s the right choice

Only if i make it on my green egg. Pizza on that is absolutely phenomenal. All other pizzas need lots of good stuff

There is only one correct decision of course

View attachment 9134143

Here is a possible problem with this order. The grease from a half pepperoni will seep over to the plain slices directly opposite.

You go with a quarter pep only on two slices and you still get four slices with pep and grease. The plain than is intact and perfect.

No. Serafina
Haven't had it. I'll be over there for a week before Christmas and I bet I can talk my dad I to having pizza at least three nights.

Haven't had it. I'll be over there for a week before Christmas and I bet I can talk my dad I to having pizza at least three nights.
We don’t have a Mezzaluna up this way in St. john’s county, but have some great pizza

Terra Nova in Bunnell. Unfortunately, this was picked up before we got to my parents' place and was kept warm in an oven. It could have been cooked a minute or two longer, but still very good.

Screenshot_20221216_193450.jpg

Traditional Christmas eve pizza. Tonight we got Bronx House in Palm Coast, FL. Had to go ahead and order it and keep it warm since they close at 5 today.

20221224_164147.jpg

Bronx House is really good
They're quickly surpassing Terranova for my favorite for this area based simply on consistency.

Back