The Cigar Deal & Purchases Thread

Great thread idea! Subscribed

Guess I forgot to post this the other week, got that curivari sampler pack.. damn these are delicious and pretty cheap too
79a85c492540ce4b40eadd5b1b2974ba.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

LFD Ligero in any size but the 300 is my favorite, absolutely a great cigar.

I need to go pick up some cigars for a camping trip this weekend. Hmmm....Looking for something I either haven't had in a while or something new. Lets say $8-10 a stick any suggestions? Medium-full bodied preferably

This one
7b9e0c1ea67a6f54cd9a59fea13d807a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I'd love to see a pic of the box, too!

I haven’t made any commissioned humidors yet. Here’s a sample of my boxes
e337cdbef0a501c5f11eccf44c3b5ced.jpg
1d02aab874363fb81a86bc50a6d5173e.jpg
640a1617090805c3524fa35f5faef5d2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those are beautiful. If you do one with a tray, make sure you put some holes in it for the air to move around. Are those jewelry boxes?

Guess I forgot to post this the other week, got that curivari sampler pack.. damn these are delicious and pretty cheap too
79a85c492540ce4b40eadd5b1b2974ba.jpg

Bought that pack once and enjoyed it immensely.

I haven’t made any commissioned humidors yet. Here’s a sample of my boxes
e337cdbef0a501c5f11eccf44c3b5ced.jpg
1d02aab874363fb81a86bc50a6d5173e.jpg
640a1617090805c3524fa35f5faef5d2.jpg

Really nice work! Read everything you can on building sealed humidors as its not easy. There have been some very talented woodworkers who ventured into humidors only to get right out because their customers complained about their inability to maintain a stable humid environment. One other thing to consider is building cedar drawers for wineadors, to my knowledge, there are only 2 builders in this space both with waiting lists full of customers.

One other thing to consider is building cedar drawers for wineadors, to my knowledge, there are only 2 builders in this space both with waiting lists full of customers.

Very much this ^ I think I paid $175 or so for NY drawers (4 drawers and 1 shelf) for my 18ct wineador.. cost more than the damn wine cooler itself lol

First off....great thread idea...our own Deal of the Day thread!!

As for sites I frequent for deals:

CigarBid.com
CigarAuctioneer.com

Both of the sites above have auction / E-Bay style services and allow you to create "watch lists" for cigars you may frequently purchase or are looking to try. I like CigarBid's free-fall deals because you can get some great deals if you are patient and persistent. I picked up 2 5-packs of cigars that would normally go for $60+ brick and mortar or $50ish online and I got both auctions (10 cigars) and shipping for $36!!! Ridiculous.

Those are beautiful. If you do one with a tray, make sure you put some holes in it for the air to move around. Are those jewelry boxes?

Thanks. They can be for jewelry, keepsakes, etc. We’ve even sold some as urns, with the tray for personal items, and a glassed frame for a photo.

Really nice work! Read everything you can on building sealed humidors as its not easy. There have been some very talented woodworkers who ventured into humidors only to get right out because their customers complained about their inability to maintain a stable humid environment. One other thing to consider is building cedar drawers for wineadors, to my knowledge, there are only 2 builders in this space both with waiting lists full of customers.

Thanks. I’ve done a bunch of research on cigar humidification. Spanish cedar is the wood of choice. Cigar boxes are a cedar box within a box, with adequate room for the product and humidifier.

Very much this ^ I think I paid $175 or so for NY drawers (4 drawers and 1 shelf) for my 18ct wineador.. cost more than the damn wine cooler itself lol

We’ll have to look into wineadors. We’ve had wine rack commissions, like this one.
0b34db4726bac20558c6983837d5b586.jpg

Thanks. I’ve done a bunch of research on cigar humidification. Spanish cedar is the wood of choice. Cigar boxes are a cedar box within a box, with adequate room for the product and humidifier.
Yep, you're on the right track. He's right though that there are a lot of humidors with bad seals that are basically useless.

I don't mean to beat a dead horse, but its not as simple as using cedar and building a box inside a box. Read up on a gentleman named Arlin Liss, arguably one of the greatest woodworkers of our time who ventured into cigar humidors. Then do a search for complaints about Arlin Liss humidors.

You must have got in early. I think I paid $250 for 4 drawers and a shelf.

6F6FD9FC-D3DF-41F9-8BE6-31CA8B45D3E3_zpsbfgabwue.jpg

You must have got in early. I think I paid $250 for 4 drawers and a shelf.

View attachment 35316
2014 for me.. maybe it was more, can't remember. Maybe I'm repressing the memory I spent so much on it haha

Anyways, today's deal/post: 50 Caldwell Yello cake for 130/150.. never had them but even as yard gars that's a good $/stick
84b24725f7eb1ae18f9012b5e0b3fe3c.jpg

Small batch promo
679e292eedbfe4afd4ea3388811a8276.jpg

I don't mean to beat a dead horse, but its not as simple as using cedar and building a box inside a box. Read up on a gentleman named Arlin Liss, arguably one of the greatest woodworkers of our time who ventured into cigar humidors. Then do a search for complaints about Arlin Liss humidors.

I fully understand that. I gave a simple answer for the masses. I’ve been a woodworker for over 30 years. That’s why I HAVE read up on them, and ask questions of cigar people.

Today's small batch newsletter. For those who haven't had, the foundation tabernacle is a great smoke
f4b458cac297fcfc398f925cc372c8ec.jpg

Good small batch deal
8aa0de5608b93da4c756d5e8efcdc3da.jpg

Back