The Cleveland Launcher XL Halo Hy-Wood

The hybrids didn't quite work as well for me. It's funny, I was at the range on a random weekday afternoon (joys of working from home 4 days a week now) and there was a Cleveland demo tent.

I was actually looking for a replacement hybrid. I was in the middle of a dalliance with the G425 that wasn't going well. I wasn't crazy about the 4H. Didn't even know about the Hy-wood at the time or test it. I heard about it a few weeks later and bought it without hitting it. It's absolutely been the bag MVP in the 20 rounds I've played with it.

Which makes me wonder about the Cleveland driver. I'd hit the Launcher Turbo at a demo day a few years ago and loved it. If the driver was as easy to hit as the Hy-wood, I'd seriously consider it.

I carry the XL Driver, 3,5,7 XL woods and rotate the Hywood in and out with my 7 wood depending on the course. I can attest that they all like to go very straight. I can draw them fairly easily but I have to really try hard to hit a cut with them. But 90% of the shots are try to hit are straight balls anyway. With all my love for these XLs I may just go for it and get the XL Hybrid Iron set as well. I’m tempted.

Off of the tee I can hit my UHX 5i 190+ yards and I think I have more in the tank as I chase speed this Spring. That said I've thought about getting the 5H to replace it as why do I want to work so hard when I can just swing easy clubs? I'm holding off though as I want to stay married lol
I have the same issue with the marriage thing. I am dropping $500-550 on a new driver in the next two weeks. I have been squirreling money away for 8 months to keep it off the radar from the wife. With two daughters in college spending $500 on a driver is not something the wife understands.

I have the same issue with the marriage thing. I am dropping $500-550 on a new driver in the next two weeks. I have been squirreling money away for 8 months to keep it off the radar from the wife. With two daughters in college spending $500 on a driver is not something the wife understands.
We need to hang out!! I use cash for two reasons, gambling on the course with the guys and buying clubs under the radar LOLOLOL

I know where you are coming from. I do the same thing for my club purchases for the same reason (I have a daughter in graduate school). :D

We need to hang out!! I use cash for two reasons, gambling on the course with the guys and buying clubs under the radar LOLOLOL
I used to also have a raging guitar habit. Buying guitars was also very difficult to do under the radar. A Gibson Les Paul is around $2500. Keeping that much money under the radar was very challenging.

Is it just me or is there a bit of surprise that this club goes pretty dead straight @ddec ? I mean didn't we show that in a video?

Yeah but... you're like a GOOD golfer. Or at least semi-decent, anyways ;)

Now, when someone like ME can hit straight bullets, now we're talking.

I’m not sure there’s an award for club of the year, but this should win it! Every double digit handicap player on THP should have one.

I’m not sure there’s an award for club of the year, but this should win it! Every double digit handicap player on THP should have one.
I agree completely. I’m literally attacking par 5s with my second shot or hitting straight shots off of the tee when I don’t need driver.

Hit the Hy-Dub at my local shop yesterday. Usually a club like this doesn’t work for me. But I seemed to get really good results on the GC2. May try one on Globals u try it program.

I put the Hy-Wood back in play. I had a bad run with it in Florida and I got spooked using It. Upon further review, i had a nightmare with all of my clubs. I am happy that I have it in The bag again.

This really is a weapon. Off the tee for short par 4s or tight openings, middle of the fairway, or out of a bunker, it can handle it. It really launches the ball quickly with some nice speed, and it honestly really wants to track straight.

This really is a weapon. Off the tee for short par 4s or tight openings, middle of the fairway, or out of a bunker, it can handle it. It really launches the ball quickly with some nice speed, and it honestly really wants to track straight.

I've played more than 20 rounds with it. And every single round I've hit one of those big high soaring long shots that make it worth every penny.

When my driver has been shaky, I'll just use it off the tee. I trust it so much out of the fairway that I've even played some long par 4's knowing I can go Hy-wood/Hy-wood or Hy-wood/4H if I had to.

I played a round today and I am still baffled why I took this club out of the bag. I hit the crap out of it every time I used it and averaged 210 yards according to shot scope. In play every time…..

I’m a slow swinger. Total driver used to be 260 but after losing weight lost some power. 220-230 drives now.

3 wood meh. 200 on great drives. 80-150 otherwise. Epic 3 wood was the same until I turned it to 17. A little better. 5 wood was a revelation. 190 on good strikes.

Finally bit on a Hy-Wood. Holy. Oh My. G. On an uphill lie where it was gonna sky ball, 170.

210 uphill and it went 215 that’s essentially driver distance. Means I gotta find a better driver.

and it’s so easy to hit. Something about this club it might not ever ever leave my quiver.
My fellow slow swingers know. When a fast swinger hits it and it just keeps rising with that penetrating flight? I never experienced that until this club. So weird.
Might drop 3/5 woods that’s how good this club is for me. Crazy.

It’s almost a must club for anyone that swings a driver roughly 101-102 and below. It literally helps make golf easier. I’ve probably written this 3x already here, I can’t help but repeat myself so other people read this thread and give it a try

Got this today. I was in need of a 4 hybrid so I am going to audition this one. If it performs I will likely trade in my current 3 wood and replace it with the Hy-Wood.

Attachments

• FAD61B36-280D-4A53-8E47-179A74AF0482.jpeg
    FAD61B36-280D-4A53-8E47-179A74AF0482.jpeg
    14.1 KB · Views: 23
  • 80EE39A7-5667-4042-9396-54A02D855A77.jpeg
    80EE39A7-5667-4042-9396-54A02D855A77.jpeg
    17.7 KB · Views: 24
  • 1F7DCFEA-1D07-482D-93DE-9E9129C54317.jpeg
    1F7DCFEA-1D07-482D-93DE-9E9129C54317.jpeg
    12.8 KB · Views: 22
Man is this a great club. It is just so easy to hit and launch the ball. People who haven't hit this yet are missing out.

Man is this a great club. It is just so easy to hit and launch the ball. People who haven't hit this yet are missing out.

I’m going to try it as soon as I can get on the course. I can’t wait to see the Hy-Wood in action.

So I pulled the trigger today on the Hy-Wood. Looking forward to hitting it soon. Weather in Ohio sucks.

Attachments

• 8B379179-B569-4349-8244-DF421D5DBA40.jpeg
    8B379179-B569-4349-8244-DF421D5DBA40.jpeg
    14.7 KB · Views: 18
  • 0FB8567F-3F65-4338-85C2-D054B3E1AD34.jpeg
    0FB8567F-3F65-4338-85C2-D054B3E1AD34.jpeg
    13.7 KB · Views: 19
  • 869E262E-8B3B-476E-BB4F-C7EA24E79E46.jpeg
    869E262E-8B3B-476E-BB4F-C7EA24E79E46.jpeg
    21 KB · Views: 18
One great thing about this club is when you don't hit the middle of the clubface, the sound definitely changes. It gets very muted. You can know instantly what was a poor strike.

Here’s how good this club is. I only hit driver twice in my match Sunday!

Finally got to get out on the course today for nine holes. Only got to hit my new Hy-Wood twice but I can tell these clubs are money! I have the 4 hybrid as well as the Hy-Wood. I got to hit the 4 into a long par 4. I was about 180 yards out after my drive. Hitting into a stiff wind. Took a nice, easy swing and the ball jumped off the face and cut through the wind on a perfect trajectory. Landed about 8 feet from the pin. Missed the birdie putt but we won't talk about that. Used the Hy-wood twice, once off the tee on a short par 4 and once from the fairway as my second shot on a long par 5. Both shots were majestic. Almost no vibration coming up the shaft into my hands. Super solid feeling. Effortless distance. These are permanently in the bag for 2022. League starts Wednesday! Let's do this! Aside from wedges these are the first Cleveland clubs I have ever owned. I am impressed so far!

Currently have a 2019 big Bertha 3H in this spot in the bag. Can anyone compare the BB to the hy-wood? Carry, total distance, forgiveness etc. Thanks in advance

So if you cut down a fairway wood in this line would it be pretty similar? Maybe more forgiving?

So if you cut down a fairway wood in this line would it be pretty similar? Maybe more forgiving?

The Hy-Wood is already at an incredible level of forgiveness, I wouldn't be tempted in the least to cut down a fairway to replace it.

Back