The Cleveland Launcher XL Halo Hy-Wood

This club haunts me! 🤔Hmmm?

Thinking I just might have to pull the trigger on this.

This club haunts me! 🤔Hmmm?
Dude go get it. If it were me, hit this and say a 7w side by side. They should be close enough in loft to give you some idea, but the fairway wood is likely going to be longer. This is a really easy hybrid to hit. But also, that fairway wood slot though has a soft spot for me. I know I can hit a fairway wood in that loft higher than I can the Halo.

This club looks great. I’ve never gave it it’s due because I don’t have space for it in the bag. It looks like it could really help a lot of golfers

Do it. Grabbed mine in January after hitting it at PGA SS, just ropes all day long. Can’t wait for this snow to melt so I can get it out on the range.

I really enjoy mine and think it's going to tough to kick it out of the bag.
It's just so versatile.

Dude go get it. If it were me, hit this and say a 7w side by side. They should be close enough in loft to give you some idea, but the fairway wood is likely going to be longer. This is a really easy hybrid to hit. But also, that fairway wood slot though has a soft spot for me. I know I can hit a fairway wood in that loft higher than I can the Halo.
It’s been a tough decision between the Hy-wood and the B21 5 wood. Same loft. Hy-wood head is actually 8 cc’s bigger. Since I play my Halo iron with Cypher graphite and that is what the Hy-wood has, I think it would be the better fit overall. Should gap better with my 4 iron. I will pick one up Friday.

It’s been a tough decision between the Hy-wood and the B21 5 wood. Same loft. Hy-wood head is actually 8 cc’s bigger. Since I play my Halo iron with Cypher graphite and that is what the Hy-wood has, I think it would be the better fit overall. Should gap better with my 4 iron. I will pick one up Friday.

Lock it down then man!

Best of luck with it. I play the Launcher XL 5W with the Cypher shaft. It's a very good shaft. And even though I have the 5W, I am going to try the Hy-Wood this season.

I’m playing Saturday albeit in some cold conditions. I’m excited to give my Hy-Wood its first few swings of the year.

I’m a huge fan of Cleveland Golf. I love how affordable their gear is and how it’s mostly made for people to enjoy the game with as much help as we can get. It’s such an underrated brand.

I’m playing Saturday albeit in some cold conditions. I’m excited to give my Hy-Wood its first few swings of the year.

I’m a huge fan of Cleveland Golf. I love how affordable their gear is and how it’s mostly made for people to enjoy the game with as much help as we can get. It’s such an underrated brand.
Looking forward to your thoughts

So distance wise, what are you guys getting out of the Hy-Wood? Closer to a 4W, 5W, 7W, how would you judge it?

So distance wise, what are you guys getting out of the Hy-Wood? Closer to a 4W, 5W, 7W, how would you judge it?
Honestly, it’s not even the longest 3 hybrid I’ve played. The Rogue X 18* (3 hybrid) was longer by quite a bit.
The Hy-wood is a really nice club, but it’s a strange one. You’re either going to like it or love it. It has a really big head, and is in between a 5 wood and 3 hybrid in length. To answer your question, I’d guess 7 wood?
If the size doesn’t bother you, you’ll probably love it. It’s very easy to launch high and straight, and it’s forgiving also. I just need something with more pop because FWs off the deck are my Achilles heel. I need as much as I can get from my lowest lofted hybrid.
I got mine from PGASS and I’ve given it every chance to impress me. I could keep it in the bag, but I’ll be giving up some yardage if I do. I’m going to use the 90 day playability and get a 18* Rogue St Max to go along with the 20* & 23* I just got. Hopefully it performs as well as the Rogue X did.

Honestly, it’s not even the longest 3 hybrid I’ve played. The Rogue X 18* (3 hybrid) was longer by quite a bit.
The Hy-wood is a really nice club, but it’s a strange one. You’re either going to like it or love it. It has a really big head, and is in between a 5 wood and 3 hybrid in length. To answer your question, I’d guess 7 wood?
If the size doesn’t bother you, you’ll probably love it. It’s very easy to launch high and straight, and it’s forgiving also. I just need something with more pop because FWs off the deck are my Achilles heel. I need as much as I can get from my lowest lofted hybrid.
I got mine from PGASS and I’ve given it every chance to impress me. I could keep it in the bag, but I’ll be giving up some yardage if I do. I’m going to use the 90 day playability and get a 18* Rogue St Max to go along with the 20* & 23* I just got. Hopefully it performs as well as the Rogue X did.

Thanks for the interesting breakdown. My plans for it would be more like a "safety driver". it would get some use off the deck, but mostly it would be a tee club for narrow fairways. I just don't get along with FWs at all for either and love gaming hybrids, so this Hywood looked ideal. Love what Cleveland is doing with game improvement clubs.

As with some of posters I have difficulty with 3 wood off deck .
Use a heaven wood which I find much easier to hit with more carry but if I hit my 3 wood we’ll get more run and maybe 10 metres when really hit well.
Have a demo halo 3 wood and 3 hybrid but it is the halo hybrid not the halo hy lo
What is the difference and how would distances compare between heaven wood Cleveland 3 wood and the hybrid

I haven't played with mine yet as I said but I pulled out my TSi3 16.5* FW and the shaft length is maybe .25 to .5 inches shorter on my Hy-Wood. I'm expecting this club to be in the 5w range or maybe a hair below that as the head is smaller than the Titleist FW. Either way I've pulled that FW for the Hy-Wood for Saturday's round so I'll be going 10* Driver, Hy-Wood at 18*, 19*, 22* and 25* hybrids. I'm just messing around with the 25* as that's normally my 5i which I like a lot but since these scores don't count I'm just trying stuff out now.

Finally pulled the trigger on this!

Naturally, the day after I ordered a Rogue ST Max 18* hybrid, I had my best day ever today with the Hy-wood… 🙄

Naturally, the day after I ordered a Rogue ST Max 18* hybrid, I had my best day ever today with the Hy-wood… 🙄
Your post is golf in a nutshell..lol. It always works like that haha

maxresdefault.jpg

This club might not be for everyone, but it does so many things really well.

This is the club I'm most excited about for this season. It's kind of gnawing at me to have it in the closet but not be able to get out there yet!

Looking forward to your thoughts
Soooo..I used it as a tee club twice and hit it off of the deck 3 times. I nutted every single shot. I’ve never hit a fairway wood this well off of the deck in my life.

My best swing was 220 yards into the wind gusting in the teens at 45F and ran it through the fairway on a dogleg right.

It’s a really easy club to swing. I can’t recommend it enough after my single cold round today :)

Back