The Golf Ramble Thread

Yes it is! They're so shiny! Lol

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

It gets easier when you find "the one" though. I finally found mine, and never ever want to change.

So, going back to my low bounce 58* was an incredible decision. SO much more confidence in tight around the greens and I can actually attack with that club again. Didn't even have to practice getting that feeling back, was just so natural with the SM5's.

Also, my iron place as of late has been pretty solid. Had a decent amount of beautiful iron shots over the weekend, I just kept putting myself into trouble off the tee. I need to get to the range and get that figured out, because the way everything else in my game feels right now, I should be shooting way better scores. With how well my iron striking has been, might feel frisky and really test it by taking the Lee Trevino blades out for a round sometime for an after work 9. Only issue with those is that I'm missing the 7 iron and that bugs the crap out of me haha.

That awkward moment in the handicap when the 2.2 differential is replaced by a 16.5

Hitting 63.9% FIR w Callaway Bertha Mini driver, leads to 43.6 GIR.
Percentages are up almost 1% and 2%, respectively, from my older driver. Scores are much better, tho. Handicap is down almost two full index points since then.
I am trying to figure that out.

what?! how does that happen???
His 2.2 was the oldest being kept and dropped off. The 16.5 was next in line to move in to the queue.

what?! how does that happen???
20th round was 72 and I shot 92 so that one went bye bye. The 16.5 isn't counting in my top 10 though, if that is what you thought I meant. Sadly it was replaced with an 11.1 so still sky rocked the cap. I am very streaky and right now I suck, slow progress so far in the spring season.

20th round was 72 and I shot 92 so that one went bye bye. The 16.5 isn't counting in my top 10 though, if that is what you thought I meant. Sadly it was replaced with an 11.1 so still sky rocked the cap. I am very streaky and right now I suck, slow progress so far in the spring season.

I thought you meant you were a 2.2 as of the last revision, then bumped to a 16.5 with the latest revision.

I've never been anywhere close to as good as you, but I do know about streaky. my favorite is being asked to play a charity tournament with handicaps, and saying I'm an 8. then proceeding to shoot 95 on my own ball. ...as the "a" player. good times

Oh wow yeah, going from a 2.2 to 16.5 would take a special kind of terrible.

I do know the feeling of shooting mid 90's a single digit though. I struggle playing not alone mostly do to my best only coming when I don't wait and play sub 3 hour rounds. I tend to suck playing with people, gets annoying but one day I will push past it.

I need to quit browsing EBay items up for auction. I see something on the cheap and can't help but put a bid in on it, then 4 days later I get a notification I won it. Just push the Watch button! Just picked up an X2Hot 13.5* head for my wife, already have a light flex shaft to throw in it. It's a one time use item for her for her work scramble, then it's going to my 88y/o Grandfather who can't get his 11* in the air anymore though. It will be nice to see him gain a little distance and well worth the money.

Sounds like a good purchase then.

Saw a real sad sight this afternoon.A great local golf teacher for years is now delivering pizza full time.I talked to him for a few minutes and just said the business has gone real bad.Really hated to see this today

The golf ramble thread

If someone doesn't get properly fitted for clubs they are crazy. I can't believe how much of a difference it's made in my ball flight and control of the ball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If someone doesn't get properly fitted for clubs they are crazy. I can't believe how much of a difference it's made in my ball flight.
Or at least fit the clubs they have to them. When I tested the a12OS set I fit them to me days after getting them.

Or at least fit the clubs they have to them. When I tested the a12OS set I fit them to me days after getting them.

Adjusting lie and length is huge for sure. I did similar when I built my dpc's had a shaft that worked adjusted lie angle but they were never perfect. After a full iron fitting no way I buy clubs any other way.

I am now 5 rounds in a row without losing a ball. I fear a 7 ball round is on the horizon lol.

So shoulder alignment is important. Never had this problem before I couldn't hit a freakin green yesterday.

Played the other day and CRUSHED a drive. Absolutely murdered it. GPS'd it: 240 yards.

I hate GPS Last Shot feature. It is so humbling.

Played the other day and CRUSHED a drive. Absolutely murdered it. GPS'd it: 240 yards.

I hate GPS Last Shot feature. It is so humbling.

I get that every time I destroy a Heavenwood from the fairway..... and see it went 160 yards lol.

We just ordered Pukka caps for the golf course. I am pleased.

I think it would be awesome to buy a golf course and maybe give a try to redesigning a hole or 2. Assuming this was a project you don't actually need to make money on.

Back