The Golf Ramble Thread

Are you guys confusing terms? Thinking Eric may be talking about the downswing. and maybe you are talking about the backswing? Not really sure - wth do I know lol!

Might be, I'm talking about the take away. I always start my downswing with my legs.

yep...talking two different things.

I kinda figured. I was so lost trying to figure out how to pick up a golf club and start it going backwards starting with my legs haha. It makes much more sense now, and now my answer to your question is lower body haha. I've gotten a lot better at that this year, but driver wise I still come down on the ball. It helps with every other club because that's what you should do with everything else, but it hurts my driving.

I kinda figured. I was so lost trying to figure out how to pick up a golf club and start it going backwards starting with my legs haha. It makes much more sense now, and now my answer to your question is lower body haha. I've gotten a lot better at that this year, but driver wise I still come down on the ball. It helps with every other club because that's what you should do with everything else, but it hurts my driving.

i know what you are going through as I battle that as well. Should post a video of your swing and let Freddie have at it. Im hoping one of the guys I play with tomorrow will video one of mine

my ramble is why do I see a shot shape on the course that I don't ever see on the range?! on the course, I only want to hit cuts. but on the range all I see are straight shots and draws. it makes for some big, short misses because my swing is not a cut swing. but I can't shake it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've heard of putting yips. And chipping yips. Is there such a thing as full swing yips? It seems like I'm getting all sorts of weird wrist action during my downswing and none of it is intentional.

I've heard of putting yips. And chipping yips. Is there such a thing as full swing yips? It seems like I'm getting all sorts of weird wrist action during my downswing and none of it is intentional.

I don't know how common it is, but I definitely feel your pain.

I have had it where I get started with my swing.... and then forget everything. More an over-think than anything, but forgetting how to swing a club. It, is, terrible.

It'll pass. Just keep on working!

I don't know how common it is, but I definitely feel your pain.

I have had it where I get started with my swing.... and then forget everything. More an over-think than anything, but forgetting how to swing a club. It, is, terrible.

It'll pass. Just keep on working!

It's happened before a few times. I would like it to stop happening. But it won't. Yay Golf?

It's happened before a few times. I would like it to stop happening. But it won't. Yay Golf?

That is what its about right? Golf is about the journey.

The journey has many good moments!

We're having a Greenskeeper's Revenge day next Sunday. Not a tournament, just regular tee times but when they finish their round, they get to draw for Loyalty Points, which goes towards free golf. Our weekend rates are $40, and everyone will win anywhere from 10 to 50 points. We're going to say 5 to 50, but the lowest will really be 10!

And we have cold scented towels we give out at the turn. It's like Myrtle Beach all over again! Well, the towel part.

We're having a Greenskeeper's Revenge day next Sunday. Not a tournament, just regular tee times but when they finish their round, they get to draw for Loyalty Points, which goes towards free golf. Our weekend rates are $40, and everyone will win anywhere from 10 to 50 points. We're going to say 5 to 50, but the lowest will really be 10!

And we have cold scented towels we give out at the turn. It's like Myrtle Beach all over again! Well, the towel part.
Every course should have scented towels. Planning a fund raiser scramble here and the club looked at me funny when I mentioned scented towels on 8 and 17.

Every course should have scented towels. Planning a fund raiser scramble here and the club looked at me funny when I mentioned scented towels on 8 and 17.

I agree Danny, I never turn one down. They are just that refreshing IMO.

The scent is expensive, like $60 bucks a 16 ounce bottle, so that keeps a lot from doing it.

But most people seem to love it, and if it brings just two people back who wouldn't have before, it paid for itself. I don't know of any course in the area that does it.

The scent is expensive, like $60 bucks a 16 ounce bottle, so that keeps a lot from doing it.

But most people seem to love it, and if it brings just two people back who wouldn't have before, it paid for itself. I don't know of any course in the area that does it.
Here are two I buy, little cheaper.

http://www.hoystowelscent.com

http://www.tropicaltowelscents.com/order-now-.html

I'll use lavender oil mixed with warm water (oil mixes better with warm v cold) then ice it down. Much much cheaper than the bottles if you want another option.

We're having a Greenskeeper's Revenge Day today.

Mixed reactions!

We're having a Greenskeeper's Revenge Day today.

Mixed reactions!
So did our course... Except there isn't actually any event. The pins were just insane....

Rained out. Sucks when it happens this close to the end of the season.

It seems like it is greens keepers revenge at most courses here year round. Hard not to when there isn't a flat green to be found on the courses LOL.

I hit drives of 255, 257 and 258 today.

They were with the wind, but I hit one 225 against the wind also!

Observations from today's round:

I don't understand how a course with lush fairways can have the hardest greens imaginable.

2nd hole today, hit a 6iron, landed short of the green, rolled on, rolled off...... and couldn't find the ball anywhere.

Saturday mornings and $22 tee times lead to a crammed full course. Its too bad the course then decides to mow greens at 10am on that busy day.

I am at a total loss when it comes to putting, No feel for it at all. Can't figure out how hard/soft to hit it for some reason, after my set up and I'm over the ball I just loose it , It's very frustrating .

I wish courses would let you know when they verticut and sand greens. Played the tips and could not hit a driver to save my life. Its hard scoring well when you tee off with a 3 wood when the course played 7000 yrds. Then when I did get close I had to deal with the sanded greens. Still shot a 79 but it could have been so so much better..

I wish courses would let you know when they verticut and sand greens. Played the tips and could not hit a driver to save my life. Its hard scoring well when you tee off with a 3 wood when the course played 7000 yrds. Then when I did get close I had to deal with the sanded greens. Still shot a 79 but it could have been so so much better..
No driver?

Back