TEASER The Grandaddy with Callaway Golf will Return in 2024

Somebody is going back and they're going back as the Captain instead of the AssCap. That's freaking hard to believe. I love keeping Team THP as an underdog so it will mean a ton when they finally win this thing again, but I also love that this gives a new stability to the team they have not had in the past.

Won't be me, but I'd talk with the captains and participants from past events to get their perspective on what they think worked or didn't work.
That’s the very first thing I would do. 👍🏻

Won't be me, but I'd talk with the captains and participants from past events to get their perspective on what they think worked or didn't work.
Won't be me either, as the Captain, but I would also do a lot of thinking about initial pairings if possible (I know you can't control it all) because we tend to go into singles day needing to close out a lot. If we go in ahead due to our pairings being able to ham and egg together super well we stand a good chance that last day.

Won't be me either, as the Captain, but I would also do a lot of thinking about initial pairings if possible (I know you can't control it all) because we tend to go into singles day needing to close out a lot. If we go in ahead due to our pairings being able to ham and egg together super well we stand a good chance that last day.
Worrying about pairings would be so far down my list from the jump....

mine too. There are so MANY things to unpack as the Grandaddy captain. Getting to the point of thinking of pairings is a fun interlude while doing the job well.

I’ve given it some thought, pairings isn’t high on my concern list. It’s part of it, sure, but doing everything I could to ensure that it came back would be the thing that would keep me up at night.

So we now know what the teaser was referencing, a former member gets to come back and play as the Captain and lead the 11th iteration of this wonderful experience.

Say you're that lucky soul, after coming down from the high- what are the first couple things you are doing to prepare yourself, and the eventual team for a W?

I agree with @Scooby45, I'd talk with past captains and try come up with a consensus on how to provide the best event for the team and the forum!!!

Agreed. I don't think this is where focus should be!

You’re absolutely right. I totally didn’t express myself well. I just have pairing on my mind, once it came down to it I bet I would feel the same way and it would be a tomorrows concern sort of thing.

Maybe? Also maybe a little bit of vodka involved and should've been in bed on a school night so don't remember exactly? 🤣
hahaha, fair enough. I almost started investigating if I had been hacked since I didn't type what you quoted. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

So we now know what the teaser was referencing, a former member gets to come back and play as the Captain and lead the 11th iteration of this wonderful experience.

Say you're that lucky soul, after coming down from the high- what are the first couple things you are doing to prepare yourself, and the eventual team for a W?

First, there’s no coming down from that high.

Then I’d reach out to some former GDers, Captains and AssCaps to start, to discuss framework and learnings.
Then I’d engage the forum to crowdsource ideas from the larger pool, as well as from not just former grandaddy’ers, but from other events as well.

Then doing exactly the opposite of what Zach Johnson did. 😂

This community is a wealth of knowledge and experience. On top of being just so gosh dang fun.

The only way to lose the Grandaddy is by coming in with the wrong attitude and not following through.
Other than that, there are only winners and bigger winners.

First, there’s no coming down from that high.

Then I’d reach out to some former GDers, Captains and AssCaps to start, to discuss framework and learnings.
Then I’d engage the forum to crowdsource ideas from the larger pool, as well as from not just former grandaddy’ers, but from other events as well.

Then doing exactly the opposite of what Zach Johnson did. 😂

This community is a wealth of knowledge and experience. On top of being just so gosh dang fun.

The only way to lose the Grandaddy is by coming in with the wrong attitude and not following through.
Other than that, there are only winners and bigger winners.
Great stuff. My approach would be very similar.

Anyone else thinking about the Grandaddy today???

Every day
After my range session today and seeing the Smoke Max do its thing again, it's been on my mind for sure.
Hard to believe something is coming that will likely be even better

View attachment 9255800

Spreadsheet stays open while in the office...notes, @jdtox pairings research, snippets I read here and there...

Nope haven't thought about it at all today :ROFLMAO:
Not sure how you're even able to focus on work haha. Your year end review might be a little different this year

Yes sir it did. Just staring at all the Grandaddy goodness in my office everyday makes it top of mind quite often!

Not sure how you're even able to focus on work haha. Your year end review might be a little different this year
Good news is my boss is also a golfer, so when telling him about what this is and why I need time off in December he was probably happier for me than my own wife.

Back