TEASER The Grandaddy with Callaway Golf will Return in 2024

I've tried to run all these different scenarios through my head, but I am struggling to believe many of them.

That being said, with X wrapping up the first decade, it's a great time to change things up. I'm down for anything, because there's no way it won't be great.

No matter the change the Grandaddy just gets better and better. The bar is raised with each passing group and event year.

I can’t wait to see the videos to announce the new Captain and start to see the team build. 24’ is going to be one hell of a year for THP.

This week is next week

My guess at the change is there will be more than two teams and the teams will be smaller. Probably four teams of 6? Two THP Captains and two Callaway Captains and "qualifying" will be done from a THP side through forum contests. Taking the best of The Grandaddy and merging with the best of The Gauntlet to bring the biggest and best Grandaddy yet.

Or im way off and its nothing like that. One of the two lol

As a past participant I don’t subscribe to the new clubs or new course excuse. I’m not saying it’s not a factor, but for me it’s really low on the list of why I may or may not have performed well. Others might be more sensitive to those elements but for me it was calming myself down and trying to bring my emotions in check because it was a life experience that simply blows any other golf experience away.
I'm with you there, I don't know if a lot of people are really serious when they say that. It's probably on the list, like you said but it's not going to be the make or break. I think it matters to a degree with everyone, but to your point it's a lot of mental things and new course.

I will say that if I ever get the opportunity, the new clubs won't be my demise but they might be my saving grace. Having everything fit to you and your swing at that time has to be almost magical.

Whatever the change will be (if any) I have no doubt it will just enhance this wonderful Experience.

My guess at the change is there will be more than two teams and the teams will be smaller. Probably four teams of 6? Two THP Captains and two Callaway Captains and "qualifying" will be done from a THP side through forum contests. Taking the best of The Grandaddy and merging with the best of The Gauntlet to bring the biggest and best Grandaddy yet.

Or im way off and its nothing like that. One of the two lol
That seems to make it more complicated 😂 I’m not a numbers guy but that could have Two Callaway winning teams. 😂

That seems to make it more complicated 😂 I’m not a numbers guy but that could have Two Callaway winning teams. 😂
But 2 wins for Teams THP...

Video uploading.

I know there's some great feedback in here already, fun ideas, fun outcomes.. I'll say this. I've seen the Grandaddy done two different ways, and I can see the investment on THP and Callaway's part to pack an outrageous amount of 'stuff' into a tiny window.

The Callaway HQ portion was wildly better. Enjoying food while going through product was so seamless, and gave us a chance to really sink our teeth into what we'd be getting to experience the following day. Set up the week perfectly.

The ECPC portion will always be chaos. There will never be a perfect solution for this, and event goers should simply enjoy the ride and take on as much as they possibly can while DOING EVERYTHING THEIR FITTER TELLS THEM TO AND HAVE FAITH IN THE PROCESS.

The Hideaway portion? Well, it's just all execution there. Be in the moment.

Think of how the gauntlet was. That had 6 teams

Was thinking about this last night... could it be Team THP being made up of members who have done well in match play experiences previously (i.e. The Goat Cup)??

Edit: I posted this before watching the new Finley video. Might be onto something here.

Last edited:
New thought.

It’s like survivor and Finley hid an immunity idol (grandaddy invite) somewhere on property at Briggs Ranch and first one to find it gets in. 🤯

Things I would add, to throw another layer in? Ball fitting as a 4th station at ECPC.

That was maybe the one thing I had the biggest question mark about with the new lineup, just what ball I should be choosing. Which would be recommended for me based on my swings.
Are the fitters not taking ball into account while watching you hit on the range? I would imagine at that level, they could make a pretty good suggestion seeing you hit a few drivers, a couple mid irons and a pitch shot or two.

Are the fitters not taking ball into account while watching you hit on the range? I would imagine at that level, they could make a pretty good suggestion seeing you hit a few drivers, a couple mid irons and a pitch shot or two.
Moreso that when you are fitting for clubs, for the most part everyone uses the same balls.... I think it was Chrome Soft X.

Moreso with the new ball lineup launching, it would have been a neat touch, even just to hit a couple with each ball, to have it explained by the experts the differences.

So we now know what the teaser was referencing, a former member gets to come back and play as the Captain and lead the 11th iteration of this wonderful experience.

Say you're that lucky soul, after coming down from the high- what are the first couple things you are doing to prepare yourself, and the eventual team for a W?

So we now know what the teaser was referencing, a former member gets to come back and play as the Captain and lead the 11th iteration of this wonderful experience.

Say you're that lucky soul, after coming down from the high- what are the first couple things you are doing to prepare yourself, and the eventual team for a W?
Im going to the courses around here that kick my butt. Greyhawk and Sleepy Hollow are the two that come to mind. Im playing matches when I can

Won't be me, but I'd talk with the captains and participants from past events to get their perspective on what they think worked or didn't work.

Back